Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school is way overcrowded. They were denied extra teaching space by the district because they have too many school of choice children. The principal will be jamming 35-40 children in some classrooms because of their choices. Time for change, and PSD to move some of these people along.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Many good teachers have left since the current principal has been there. Wish they were replaced with effective, enthusiastic people.

This school used to be good. Now there is lots of favoritism and too much focus on special needs kids. Yes, special needs kids need services but not at the expense of other students. School has gotten way too big without offering any better services or staff. Staff is well known for picking favorites among students and parents. No homework sent home so it is hard to know what my child is working on and what achievement she is making. Wanted to like this place better. :(

Last year I went to O'Dea in 5th grade and it made sixth grade seem so easy. They had pushed me hard enough that I was able to achieve my best and now I'm a strait A student in 6th grade. O'Dea changed my life.

O'Dea Core Knowledge is a warm, welcoming, environment where students are encouraged to learn according to their own learning style. Students are taught different strategies for learning and completing tasks so they can approach lesson materials and assignments in a way that makes sense to them. At O'Dea teachers strive to educate and meet the needs of the whole child making sure that social emotional and physical needs are met along with educational goals. It is both a blessing and a privilege to be a part of this school!

Both my daughters have spent four or more years at O'Dea and both have nothing but wonderful things to say about their teachers, their principal, and their school community. As a parent, I think the O'Dea community is one of the best I've ever experienced. After-school activities and opportunities are abundant and enriching. Teachers are knowledgeable and generous with their time. And the principal understands what it means to cultivate a positive learning and working environment. O'Dea is growing because it is awesome! To me a school with a space issue means the school is doing something right, and this shows in my daughters' test scores and growth, and in the school's ranking in the district, consistently near the top. All this with a diverse population of students and a fantastic autism program to boot. I'm an elementary teacher in Poudre School District. Speaking as a teacher, I love the high expectations and caring nature of O'Dea Core Knowledge Elementary. I couldn't recommend it more.

Lovin' on O'Dea! Sometimes I think my kids' teachers can't get any better and then my kids come home with something off-the-wall amazing. You can tell how much the teachers put of their own time and creativity and talent into their teaching. Also, there is definitely a family or community feel with O'Dea. I think that starts with the principal. She learns all the kids names (and many of the parents) within a few weeks of school beginning. I think that creates a positive,caring relationship from the beginning. I am finding that O'Dea has the right balance of performance, nurture, nudge, and even fun. O'Dea was a "school-of-choice" for my kids and we definitely made the right choice.

This school is amazing! All students who come here grow tremendously, both academically and also as responsible, well-rounded citizens. Just two days ago the school received the Governor's Distinguished Improvement Award because the children are making so much academic growth. The principal is wonderful. Her open-door policy applies to teachers, parents, students, and community members. She has developed an amazing culture in the building among teachers and students. She knows every child by name and greets them all with a smile. She is constantly bombarded with hugs from the students. Two of my children go here and i cannot wait for my third child to start. The teachers are incredible! They are always trying to improve their skills. They know and love each child in their classroom and challenge each child at his/her level. They are always accessible and communicate well. This is a great school. Be wary of the naysayers. They are upset because they didn't get their way when a decision was made. Teachers and staff are caring, careful listeners. They are fair and reasonable and strive to educate every child every day.

This school talks a good talk. But, there are big gaps in performance - especially is upper grades like 4th and 5th. The teachers don't always give good information about cultural issues and then don't follow up with researching the question. These grades don't integrate into the rest of the school well either. The principal is great in the school preview meeting but isn't responsive later when problems arise. She once told me that not all schools will be the right for all families rather than helping address an issue we had. She also doesn't share information readily with parents. This is our neighborhood school and don't want to have to look around when it could be fixed there. First weeks of school and last month of school are worthless b/c endless partys and fun days.

I love O'dea and will be so sad to leave My daughter has been here for Kindergarten but we are moving out of state. The school has such a great feeling. The principle knows my daughter by name and her teacher is caring, amazing, talented and so good at teaching these kids all kinds of important things.

Last modified O'Dea Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.