Fort Collins, CO

Posted June 09, 2014
Riffenburgh is such a great community IB school. We went to another IB school in Fort Collins that is supposed to be best in town as school of choice. We moved close to Riffenburgh so decided to change schools. Best decision ever. The family involvement at this school is amazing. The principal knows all the kids names and really does take parents thoughts and suggestions to heart. Class sizes here are amazing, much smaller than the other one we went. So far all the teachers we have experienced have been top notch and really cater to each kid s individuals strengths and weakness. There are lots of great groups and clubs at this school too. Kids can really experience many things such as guitar, art and crafts, acting, sports etc. Love this school!

Posted November 13, 2012
I put so much time into researching and selecting a school and in the end I chose Riffenburgh because the principal is so engaged and the teachers are all experienced and genuinely care. They will also become a full IB school in 2013-2014. I like that the school is smaller than most and that they really strike a perfect balance between having structure and discipline in the classrooms along with being supportive of creativity and independent thinking. My child has come home many times and talked about how nice the older kids are to her. They cultivate a culture of caring and respect at this school and have a strong positive rewards behavior program in place. Academics are important here but they also really value physical (and emotional) wellness and work hard to make that an important part of their culture as well. If you want your child to be a well rounded human being, Riffenburgh is a great choice. My child LOVES going to school everyday because as she puts it "Riffy Rocks!"

Posted March 07, 2012
My son has gone to Riffenburgh from Kindergarten to Fifth grade. He had some struggles early on but he was given the support he needed. He now excels at reading, writing and math and has a great deal of respect for his teachers and principal. He will genuinely miss going there.

Posted October 08, 2011
AWESOME school I attended this school and it was amazing!! I think that since it is I.b. that it helps alot with the education.

Riffenburgh Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2010
My son attended Riffenburgh this year as a kindergartner. He has grown so much over the past year. This school has opened up his mind to so many questions about the world around him. He's developed strong friendships and is truly loving school. We would highly recommend Riffenburgh!

Riffenburgh Elementary School 3

Posted May 19, 2010
My son, however has had a great experience at the school. He has a lot of friends, seems to have broadened his interests and hobbies, and just overall seems to enjoy school. I'm not sure what the difference can be attributed to, but I think that it's a good school overall if they can get the bullying situations under control.

Posted November 10, 2009
This school has high rankings and definitely deserves them. This is an amazing school! The principal and all the staff are wonderful and truly care about the children.

Posted November 08, 2009
I was surprised to read some of the past reviews for Riffenburgh which complain about bullying. It very well may have been a problem 5 years ago when those reviews were written, but bullying is not a problem whatsoever now. My two children have been at this school for three years now and we have been thrilled. The community is caring, parents are active and volunteering, teachers are proactive, and the principal is attentive and approachable. My children are thriving in this school and I just can't say enough great things about it. We are so thankful to live in this neighborhood with such a fabulous school!

Posted November 07, 2009
Riffenburgh is a wonderful, caring, high performing neighborhood school. It is small enough for the principal to know the name of every student. The teachers and administrator are very responsive to parent input. Its PTO is extremely active, with parents logging thousands of hours of volunteer time each year. A very special place for students and their families!

Posted November 07, 2009
Great neighborhood school with a motivated staff, involved families and attentive principal. Love the new emphasis on sustainable learning, too!

Riffenburgh Elementary School
1320 East Stuart, Fort Collins, CO  80525
Last modified Riffenburgh Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riffenburgh Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top