Fort Collins, CO

Posted October 14, 2014
My daughter wakes up excited for school each morning! The teachers and staff are excellent- very dedicated and supportive to both students and their families. As past posters have mentioned, the parental involvement rate is very high, attributing to the positive atmosphere of the school. We are very pleased with the Core Knowledge curriculum and appreciate that character development is part of the curriculum as well. Traut definitely has high standards for their students, and that is why it is our school of choice!
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 24, 2014
I am a recent graduate of Fossil Ridge High School, but I went to Traut Core Knowledge from kindergarten-6th grade. I remember SO much of what I was taught at Traut and it provided an incredible foundation for my learning. My best memories of my childhood are at that school. I go back every once in a while to visit my old teachers. Many of the valedictorians from Fossil went to Traut Core Knowledge. The difficulty and amount of work was more than reasonable at Traut. Also, the kids that go to Traut have INCREDIBLE character. I can remember how the teachers stressed good character in everyday life! If I am still in Fort Collins when I have children, I will be sending my kids to Traut!

Traut Core Elementary School 2

Posted June 13, 2014
I agree this school puts a high pressure on students for test results more than encouraging children to learn in different ways. Administration is ok, teachers are ok. I would NOT encourage families who have children with learning challenges to choose this school. They will be pointed out, pulled out, and ridiculed by other classmates and parents. I can see by many reviews this culture drives families away... and I think this is the point reason it is done. Because this school (although a public PSD school) is 100% SCHOOL OF CHOICE, there are minimal kids with diverse backgrounds (be it ethnic, religious, economic, etc.) that prepare these children for the real world. There is a reason why the test results are unusually high. This school is not a true representation of public schooling. Please research you facts and PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN. God bless... and please keep comments respectful!

Posted April 17, 2014
This is a great school. Anyone who spends a little bit of time there will see. The Parent/Teacher/Student partnership is really effective. If you are looking for something different, please look at Traut!

Posted April 04, 2014
Traut is an amazing school and the teaching staff is second to none. It was a perfect fit for our child. I love the Core Knowledge Curriculum and am continually impressed with the knowledge my child has acquired. It is a Nationally recognized school, earning the Blue Ribbon Award, and deservedly so! Your child will be well prepared for middle school.

Posted November 17, 2013
Traut has proven to be a wonderful fit for my children. The teachers here are extraordinary and spend the time necessary to understand each student and create the best path forward to success. It's quite remarkable. However, although I don't have any direct experience with other elementary schools, I do suspect expectations at Traut are higher than most. That goes for both parents and students. The philosophy at Traut is that parents need to be involved in their child's education (it's not just up to the teachers) but for me that is ok since I definitely agree with that philosophy. Homework starts in First grade (minimal) and by the time the kids reach Fifth, it's a pretty heavy load. If I had a complaint it would be the amount of homework for Fifth graders. All in all Traut is a great school. It's consistent, outstanding performance and high level of recognition (Blue Ribbon School) certainly support that.

Posted November 07, 2013
This school is great. It has great teachers and smart students! I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted April 24, 2013
I am so thankful for the amazing teachers and other support staff . The teachers go out of their way to make sure each kid has a plan that fits their needs for their developement as an engaged learner. The teachers care about their students and each other. They have pride in working at this school and teaching the Core Knowledge curriculum. The teachers are well prepared and are very experienced. The parent partnership is unqiue and offers an opportunity for the parent to be as invoved as they care to be. The students are taught character qualities everyday and they are weaved into lessons. The students are well behaved and respectful. The students consistenly score at the top of the state on accountability tests. The enviorment is acitve and engaging from the PE classes "Academics in Action" to the fantastic Art education to the creative music programs . On any day you could step into a class and listen to the lesson and you too would be inspired to be a student again. The school offers many afterschool programs. There is also a mentor program for new families so if you get lost in all the aciton there is someone who can help figure it all out with you.

Posted January 28, 2013
My children attend Traut Core Knowledge School. We have thrived here. My daughter comes home so full of excitement and joy for learning. I am not saying the school is perfect. No school is. But it is perfect for us. The parent partnership is one of the things that makes Traut unique. On any given day there are 10-15 or more parents at our school actively involved in our students learning, growth and development. It is an incredible experience. One I am pleased to be a part of and one I am thankful my children can experience.

Traut Core Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2013
My twins attended this school their kindergarten year and the quality of education they received was subpar and the hostile environment allowed was intolerable. The other posters are correct about the principal using intimidation tactics. My children's teacher, staff, & BaseCamp program was inadequately trained in how to handle my child with a disability. Under their care, his and my daughter's self esteem and academic abilities deteriorated. It was a horrible experience watching your kids spirit and self esteem slowly get demolished. This school and their special ed team treated my 5 year old like he was an idiot; incapable of accomplishing anything. Fast forward, my children are now longer at this school and they are now at Remington Elementary. Their self esteem and confidence and have flourished in ways that I could not have imagined and the damage that this school has done to my children have been repaired. My son is finally at a school that recognizes him for his brilliance and treats him like a capable human being. Through the school's support, they have made huge growth academically & my son is expected to graduate from Special Ed within the next couple of years.

Traut Core Elementary School
2515 Timberwood Dr, Fort Collins, CO  80528
Last modified Traut Core Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Traut Core Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top