Bad
Good

What a pleasure to have my little boy at Traut. He loves going to school and I am amazed how much he has learned in just a couple of Months. Fantastic Kindergarten teacher and staff!

My daughter wakes up excited for school each morning! The teachers and staff are excellent- very dedicated and supportive to both students and their families. As past posters have mentioned, the parental involvement rate is very high, attributing to the positive atmosphere of the school. We are very pleased with the Core Knowledge curriculum and appreciate that character development is part of the curriculum as well. Traut definitely has high standards for their students, and that is why it is our school of choice!

I am a recent graduate of Fossil Ridge High School, but I went to Traut Core Knowledge from kindergarten-6th grade. I remember SO much of what I was taught at Traut and it provided an incredible foundation for my learning. My best memories of my childhood are at that school. I go back every once in a while to visit my old teachers. Many of the valedictorians from Fossil went to Traut Core Knowledge. The difficulty and amount of work was more than reasonable at Traut. Also, the kids that go to Traut have INCREDIBLE character. I can remember how the teachers stressed good character in everyday life! If I am still in Fort Collins when I have children, I will be sending my kids to Traut!

I agree this school puts a high pressure on students for test results more than encouraging children to learn in different ways. Administration is ok, teachers are ok. I would NOT encourage families who have children with learning challenges to choose this school. They will be pointed out, pulled out, and ridiculed by other classmates and parents. I can see by many reviews this culture drives families away... and I think this is the point reason it is done. Because this school (although a public PSD school) is 100% SCHOOL OF CHOICE, there are minimal kids with diverse backgrounds (be it ethnic, religious, economic, etc.) that prepare these children for the real world. There is a reason why the test results are unusually high. This school is not a true representation of public schooling. Please research you facts and PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN. God bless... and please keep comments respectful!

This is a great school. Anyone who spends a little bit of time there will see. The Parent/Teacher/Student partnership is really effective. If you are looking for something different, please look at Traut!

Traut is an amazing school and the teaching staff is second to none. It was a perfect fit for our child. I love the Core Knowledge Curriculum and am continually impressed with the knowledge my child has acquired. It is a Nationally recognized school, earning the Blue Ribbon Award, and deservedly so! Your child will be well prepared for middle school.

Traut has proven to be a wonderful fit for my children. The teachers here are extraordinary and spend the time necessary to understand each student and create the best path forward to success. It's quite remarkable. However, although I don't have any direct experience with other elementary schools, I do suspect expectations at Traut are higher than most. That goes for both parents and students. The philosophy at Traut is that parents need to be involved in their child's education (it's not just up to the teachers) but for me that is ok since I definitely agree with that philosophy. Homework starts in First grade (minimal) and by the time the kids reach Fifth, it's a pretty heavy load. If I had a complaint it would be the amount of homework for Fifth graders. All in all Traut is a great school. It's consistent, outstanding performance and high level of recognition (Blue Ribbon School) certainly support that.

This school is great. It has great teachers and smart students! I would definitely recommend this school.

Such a warm and welcoming environment! We especially appreciate the mentor families and the willingness of staff to help.

I am so thankful for the amazing teachers and other support staff . The teachers go out of their way to make sure each kid has a plan that fits their needs for their developement as an engaged learner. The teachers care about their students and each other. They have pride in working at this school and teaching the Core Knowledge curriculum. The teachers are well prepared and are very experienced. The parent partnership is unqiue and offers an opportunity for the parent to be as invoved as they care to be. The students are taught character qualities everyday and they are weaved into lessons. The students are well behaved and respectful. The students consistenly score at the top of the state on accountability tests. The enviorment is acitve and engaging from the PE classes "Academics in Action" to the fantastic Art education to the creative music programs . On any day you could step into a class and listen to the lesson and you too would be inspired to be a student again. The school offers many afterschool programs. There is also a mentor program for new families so if you get lost in all the aciton there is someone who can help figure it all out with you.

Last modified Traut Core Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.