Fort Collins, CO

Shepardson Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2014
Generally speaking as a parent, this school just gets a child by. Ever since Mary Kay Somers left a few years ago, it has gone downhill. Also, it appears as though this schools principal is pro "Common Core" which is a negative in my eyes. I'm not sure why they put such an emphasis on STEM, as it really doesn't seem to be reflected in their curriculum. If you are unaware of Common Core and what it will mean for your child, please do your due diligence and do some research.

Posted February 15, 2011
We LOVE Shepardson. The Principal, Mary Kay Sommers is amazing! We transferred from an awful Core Knowledge school and couldn't be happier with Shepardson. Great CERTIFIED teachers and staff!!

Shepardson Elementary School 1

Posted August 06, 2010
I have had two children attend Shepardson for the last year and a half. I am very unhappy with how I was treated as a single father parent. I spent the entire last year trying to get my oldest into some extra reading classes to improve her reading potential. I was ignored the entire year and then required to sit down with special ed's teacher to go over how low my child's reading score was. I feel like my child's reading was observed for entire year when they should have been helping her try to improve her reading through out the year. I do not recommend this school to any one that may needs some special assistance with their education, or single father's trying to get their children to receive the same great education every other child is receiving.

Shepardson Elementary School 3

Posted April 08, 2010

Posted May 30, 2007
What makes Shepardson so amazing is the quality of the Principal, Mary Kay Sommers. With her leadership and ability to hire exceptional teachers for children of all abilities, I give Shepardson two thumbs up! Mary Kay is forward looking always working with the staff and parents to find ways to continually improve the school environment and advance student achievement. Leadership matters and Mary Kay is the best!

Posted March 23, 2007
I have had 3 children attending Shepardson since 1996. This school teaches the fundamentals of writing and speaking with excellence. Creative projects enforce learning, and teachers are attentive to all student's needs. Strong parent involvement is a hallmark of this school and our principal has been a consistent leader and manager of her staff. More recently, Shepardson has sought out the English as Second Language population. This has brought a diversity to our school that did not exist when we arrived in '96. Although this has presented challenges, the staff has risen to the occasion and strives to blend only English speakers with those who are learning. The result is a beautiful picture of a world that is widening for our elementary students. Homework is at times challenging and projects can be time consuming, but overall is very manageable. Come visit our school, talk to staff and see for yourself.

Shepardson Elementary School
1501 Springwood Dr, Fort Collins, CO  80525
Last modified Shepardson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shepardson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top