Fort Collins, CO

Posted February 03, 2011
Linton does great things for ALL students. They have differentiated instruction in core subjects, and additional literacy support and enrichment through FLUDD. They also pre and post test on all math units so that each student gets instruction at their level in math as well. They have a great ELA program for students who are learning english as a second language. Linton is involved in the community, providing many resources for students and families. The teachers care about each child and work long hours to make sure that their students' needs are met.

Posted February 02, 2011
I have 2 children at Linton and can not imagine a better more nurturing, challenging environment for them. The staff and principal at Linton are amazing.

Posted February 02, 2011
Really disagree with last post. Instruction is tailored to learners and rigorous......and the teachers differentiate very well! This is one of the few schools that does group by ability in math, and has a second instructional reading time at whatever level the child needs. The Principal knows every name (including most parents) and is a compassionate instructional leader. This school is VERY impressive and meets the needs of every child....whatever level.

Posted February 02, 2011
As a teacher at Linton Elementary, I am so very proud of our staff, students, parents and community that works together as one. Teachers know their students strengths, needs and interests. Not just the students that accel but all students. Parents are always welcome to be a part of their child's learning. We look forward to each day and the adventure the children will take us on.

Posted February 02, 2011
As a former parent of 2 children that went to Linton Elementary, I must say I was very pleased with the experiences they both had. My son was a struggling learner, in the literacy program, and never got lost in the shuffle. My daughter was an accellerated learner, involved in the Gifted and Talented program and enrichments. They both are better off because of Linton. The teachers were both differentiating, and compassionate for both their needs. I as a parent was involved in everything including, Oddessy of the Mind, Battle of the Books, Gifted and Talented, PTO, volunteering, and accelerated reading. I comment the teachers at Linton for letting my family feel welcome, anytime and kept me informed constantly.

Posted February 02, 2011
I believe Linton is an excellent school for all students. Both of my children attended Linton and received a quality education. One child had an IEP and the other did not and both of them were challenged and encouraged during their elementary years. They were happy to go to school each day because of the caring teachers and the friends they had made at school. They were proud to call Linton their home away from home.

Linton Elementary School 2

Posted September 22, 2010
This school is great if your child works well in the staus quo. If you have an accelerated learner, do not send your child here. If you think you will need anything from the administration, do not send your child here. The current principle works well with data but is not a true, feeling, compassionate leader. This is not a challenging education by any means.

Posted September 07, 2009
My son has attended Linton since Kindergarten and my husband and I have been nothing but happy with the education he has received. Each of his teachers have taken a true interest in who he is as a person and as a student. He has been challenged in areas where he needs challenge and has had support in areas he is weaker in. In reading other comments, I read that some parents feel that there hasn't been enough or the right kind of discipline used at Linton. My husband and I disagree with those comments. With our son although he hasn't needed a ton of discipline, we feel the discipline he has had has been appropriate. We love Linton and wouldn't choose anywhere else for our son to attend!

Posted February 01, 2009
I have 3 children that attend Linton, well one now has gone to Middle School. I have nothing but wonderful experience with this school, I had them in a charter school for one year and it was a new one but a complete nightmare and I put them back in Linton, this school is a wonderful school with a great balance. I live directly across the street from the school and it has never seemed chaotic.

Linton Elementary School 4

Posted November 11, 2008
I have 3 children attending Linton. They have been benefitted by wonderful teachers who care about their students and have fostered my children's love of learning. My kids are bright and they have been offered extra work to challenge them since the first grade. Linton started a unique program about 5 years ago which teaches literacy by a child's ability level. This is a terrific way to give those kids who need extra help the attention they need, while challenging those who are ready to move at a deeper or faster level. Finally, we have a new principal in '08 who is energetic and approachable. Linton is a great school!

Linton Elementary School
4100 Caribou Dr, Fort Collins, CO  80525
Last modified Linton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Linton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top