Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Liberty Common Charter School 3

Posted November 30, 2015
Liberty has such a focus on scores and ratings that the wellbeing of the children isn't priority.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted November 30, 2015
They do develop these characteristics, however they push the students past that. The students are very stressed.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted November 30, 2015
The administration demands respect from the students. However, the administration is disrespectful to the students in many ways.

Posted November 26, 2014
Our son is in second grade and so far everything has exceeded our high expectations! The parent involvement is high. We do not like the new rules regarding parents being not being to enter the building to take kids to the classroom or pick up. I suddenly felt very unwelcome this year and as a result found my volunteer time cut down for anything not directly with the classroom where I can see my kid. I just lost that enthusiasm once I felt unwelcome. Still a good school.

Posted September 30, 2014
Fantastic school. My daughter was lucky enough to get into the high school this year. Now I know how the school consistently earns the highest ACT scores in Colorado. The instructors are far and away the best we've ever encountered. The behavioral expectations are outstanding, too. Good dress code, character education. The high expectations are not for everyone -- which is a good thing. Troublemakers and bullies tend to not stay here long.

Posted May 28, 2014
I attend LCHS, and I genuinely feel like I am getting the best education possible. Though the homework load is tiresome, and the classes can be challenging, I still find myself enjoying my life at Liberty. The teachers are helpful. The atmosphere among the students is friendly. What else could you ask for in a school? The only issue that I feel need be mentioned is that of the political and religious biases that affect the entire school population. This is not an issue if your child does not feel the need to concern himself or herself in political or religious discussions that have been known to create conflict. This is an issue if your child does engage in these discussions. This is a very Christian and a very republican institution, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but children who do not agree with those beliefs generally associated with either of those groups may have idealogical conflicts with their teachers and fellow students.

Posted April 25, 2014
We chose Liberty because of the academic rigor and high expectations, and to get our kids ready to do well in college. They have meaningful homework (not busy work) every night, and what they're learning is incredible. This school is not for weak students, or children who are averse to discipline. If your kid is not a serious student, don't send them to this school.

Liberty Common Charter School 3

Posted April 14, 2014
I am a freshman here at LCHS and i hate it. It is a school based on lectures instead of discussion. You don't get the chance to show yourself. I always end up with at least 5 hours of homework a night and I am only a freshman!! It can be a really great school for some kids but it's not made for everyone

Posted February 06, 2014
I am so sorry to hear other parents comments about how their child has experienced bullying at Liberty. Our daughter is in 7th grade and this is her second year at Liberty. We have observed an environment that is tremendously supportive and very focused on academics. We have observed a zero tolerance for bullying in her class both from the students and teachers. What we have seen is children who are too busy to harass one another. We have observed children who work very hard and are very committed to academic excellence. The students are curious and girls who are interested in math and science careers have such tremendous support from their teachers. I feel so blessed to be part of this community.

Posted December 12, 2013
Liberty Common provides a private school education for free! i've loved EVERY teacher we've had! i can't imagine a better school in the country.

Liberty Common Charter School
1725 Sharpe Point Dr (elem) & 2745 Minnesota Dr. (high school), Fort Collins, CO  80525
Last modified Liberty Common Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Common Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 100 reviews. Top