Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Liberty is an extremely biased school. As a student that went there 2nd through 10th grade, I had lots of time to realize that unless you have topnotch grades or perfect test scores, you are not a welcome part of the liberty community. The moment you have below a 3.8 GPA, you are called out on all dress code violations, every tardy, and every time your grades change at all you are called to the office.

I'm not sure who was having such a bad day on November 30, 2015, but I disagree, tremendously. Liberty's focus IS the children, not the "ratings and scores". In fact, most tests which produce these ratings and scores are required by the state. Liberty is often approached with requests to participate in additional testing which they turn down often so as not to overload the children, and because those standardized tests are not what Liberty is about or focused on. The administration is always respectful of both students and parents. We have never experienced anything other than respect and kindness from all faculty and staff. The school helps develop wonderful characteristics in the students (of course, parents and students must take some initiative in helping develop these characteristics as well). Most students are not "stressed", they are challenged at an appropriate level to help them succeed. Liberty is a school where students are encouraged to try their hardest and do their best, not a school to just "ride the wave" and get through each grade. But yes, as with any human in any part of this world, sometimes they can feel stress when their plates are full. I cannot imagine any school has 100% stress-free students 100% of the time. We absolutely love Liberty and feel extremely lucky to have our children in this school. They work hard, and are challenged daily, but they also have tons of fun and are proud of the education they are receiving (as they should be).

Liberty has such a focus on scores and ratings that the wellbeing of the children isn't priority.

Our son is in second grade and so far everything has exceeded our high expectations! The parent involvement is high. We do not like the new rules regarding parents being not being to enter the building to take kids to the classroom or pick up. I suddenly felt very unwelcome this year and as a result found my volunteer time cut down for anything not directly with the classroom where I can see my kid. I just lost that enthusiasm once I felt unwelcome. Still a good school.

Fantastic school. My daughter was lucky enough to get into the high school this year. Now I know how the school consistently earns the highest ACT scores in Colorado. The instructors are far and away the best we've ever encountered. The behavioral expectations are outstanding, too. Good dress code, character education. The high expectations are not for everyone -- which is a good thing. Troublemakers and bullies tend to not stay here long.

I attend LCHS, and I genuinely feel like I am getting the best education possible. Though the homework load is tiresome, and the classes can be challenging, I still find myself enjoying my life at Liberty. The teachers are helpful. The atmosphere among the students is friendly. What else could you ask for in a school? The only issue that I feel need be mentioned is that of the political and religious biases that affect the entire school population. This is not an issue if your child does not feel the need to concern himself or herself in political or religious discussions that have been known to create conflict. This is an issue if your child does engage in these discussions. This is a very Christian and a very republican institution, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but children who do not agree with those beliefs generally associated with either of those groups may have idealogical conflicts with their teachers and fellow students.

We chose Liberty because of the academic rigor and high expectations, and to get our kids ready to do well in college. They have meaningful homework (not busy work) every night, and what they're learning is incredible. This school is not for weak students, or children who are averse to discipline. If your kid is not a serious student, don't send them to this school.

I am a freshman here at LCHS and i hate it. It is a school based on lectures instead of discussion. You don't get the chance to show yourself. I always end up with at least 5 hours of homework a night and I am only a freshman!! It can be a really great school for some kids but it's not made for everyone

I am so sorry to hear other parents comments about how their child has experienced bullying at Liberty. Our daughter is in 7th grade and this is her second year at Liberty. We have observed an environment that is tremendously supportive and very focused on academics. We have observed a zero tolerance for bullying in her class both from the students and teachers. What we have seen is children who are too busy to harass one another. We have observed children who work very hard and are very committed to academic excellence. The students are curious and girls who are interested in math and science careers have such tremendous support from their teachers. I feel so blessed to be part of this community.

Liberty Common provides a private school education for free! i've loved EVERY teacher we've had! i can't imagine a better school in the country.

Last modified Liberty Common Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.