Posted May 28, 2014
I attend LCHS, and I genuinely feel like I am getting the best education possible. Though the homework load is tiresome, and the classes can be challenging, I still find myself enjoying my life at Liberty. The teachers are helpful. The atmosphere among the students is friendly. What else could you ask for in a school? The only issue that I feel need be mentioned is that of the political and religious biases that affect the entire school population. This is not an issue if your child does not feel the need to concern himself or herself in political or religious discussions that have been known to create conflict. This is an issue if your child does engage in these discussions. This is a very Christian and a very republican institution, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but children who do not agree with those beliefs generally associated with either of those groups may have idealogical conflicts with their teachers and fellow students.

Posted April 25, 2014
We chose Liberty because of the academic rigor and high expectations, and to get our kids ready to do well in college. They have meaningful homework (not busy work) every night, and what they're learning is incredible. This school is not for weak students, or children who are averse to discipline. If your kid is not a serious student, don't send them to this school.

Liberty Common Charter School 3

Posted April 14, 2014
I am a freshman here at LCHS and i hate it. It is a school based on lectures instead of discussion. You don't get the chance to show yourself. I always end up with at least 5 hours of homework a night and I am only a freshman!! It can be a really great school for some kids but it's not made for everyone

Posted February 06, 2014
I am so sorry to hear other parents comments about how their child has experienced bullying at Liberty. Our daughter is in 7th grade and this is her second year at Liberty. We have observed an environment that is tremendously supportive and very focused on academics. We have observed a zero tolerance for bullying in her class both from the students and teachers. What we have seen is children who are too busy to harass one another. We have observed children who work very hard and are very committed to academic excellence. The students are curious and girls who are interested in math and science careers have such tremendous support from their teachers. I feel so blessed to be part of this community.

Posted December 12, 2013
Liberty Common provides a private school education for free! i've loved EVERY teacher we've had! i can't imagine a better school in the country.

Posted October 29, 2013
this school is the best school in colorado. that no exaggeration! you have been hearing reviews from all of the parents, but they don't know what the school is really like. it is the best, most fun school you will ever have! unlike all of the other school, kids are nice and always include you and make you feel welcome. this was the only school that didn't feel hostile to me and i made friend the first day! the teachers are amazing. especially the 4th grade teachers. i wont give any names though. your child would be extremely lucky to go to this school. the dress code actually helps though, and makes you not so self conscience. unfortunately, it is a hard school to get in because it has a lottery. fort collins is also a great, fun, happy place to live. this school is one of a kind, and has a great education!

Posted September 25, 2013
I am a proud parent of successful students at Liberty Common School! They are successful academically and emotionally. It is sad that disgruntled parents post negative remarks about this school simply because they or their children cannot adapt to the high standards and expectations this school holds. Keep in mind that the public middle schools are teaching their students the 7 continents of the world but at Liberty Common School, our children were taught that in kindergarten! Thank you Liberty Common School - a school of pure excellence!

Liberty Common Charter School 1

Posted September 22, 2013
Beware.....bullying is tolerated here at this school. I pulled my kids out and they are a lot happier elsewhere.

Liberty Common Charter School 2

Posted September 04, 2013
I notice that the reviews, like the student body number (at least at the high school), seem to be decreasing since 2010. I agree with the other parent on February 10, 2013 (very well stated) about selective enforcement, not only of tolerating bullying and dress code, but also with regard to the academic teachers accepting late homework assignments from athletes, but not from the artists, who work as hard, if not harder at their craft. We became aware that some kids admittedly attend this school only for one year to take the economics class and then move on. The student and teacher/staff turnover rate should be questioned by anyone considering this school. I would be careful of a school where the teachers and staff talk so positively about how great the school is, and cannot give you a straight answer, or even acknowledge that they have problems they need to address. For many, many years we bought into the propaganda, until finally the kids begged us to take them out and put them in another school. Our only regret is that we didn't take them out sooner. It's going to take some time for them to recover their self-confidence and self-esteem. Listen to your kids.

Posted April 01, 2013
Liberty's students consistently outperform all others in Colorado. The faculty are true content masters. The school's philosophy and vision statement are clear and well executed. I can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else. We love this school, and thank God our family is part of it.

Liberty Common Charter School
1725 Sharpe Point Dr, Fort Collins, CO  80525
Last modified Liberty Common Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Common Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 92 reviews.