Posted September 05, 2014
Our children began attending this school in kindergarten. At first, we were pleased. Four years later, we had to move our children because the quality went straight down hill fast! The school lunches are of inferior quality. In my opinion, they have a VERY lenient approach toward theft (my children had several items stolen out of their backpacks and desk). The children have to stand outside in a line, in strict fashion, before school (even on cold days). It has to be below 20 degrees before they will let them in the building. Some days, they would be standing outside and it's 15. Kids can't talk during most of the lunch period. They are very strict on "no talking" most of the day. This makes for frustrated kids. The music and PE program is sub-par. Especially music. There is not a whole child approach to education. The curriculum is stacked toward state testing. There are virtually no after school programs. We absolutely LOVE our new district. Lots and lots of after school learning programs. Children are allowed to be children, school garden for science, lunches are yummy! They can talk to their peers at lunch! Our kids say they absolutely love their new school!

Posted August 05, 2014
We've been at Eagleside for the last 3 years and aside from one incident I have nothing but positive things to say. I have 2 children and we have been in classes from Pre-K-4th grade. Mrs. Swestka, Mrs. Mc. Neill, Mrs.Mehl, Ms. Adams, Ms. Ina, Mrs. Lujan, Mr. Crow, the office ladies, I could go on and on but I feel like most of the staff in the school know my children and care about their well being. I have been active in the PSO and volunteering in the classroom and the school as a whole and have found almost everyone I've dealt with to be the kind of people I want my children to be around. There are tons of school events and after school programs for your child to participate in. If you haven't gotten paperwork home about the activities, all you have to do is ask and the office ladies are always more than happy to help! I think if you take an active role in your child's education you will be beyond thrilled with the Eagleside community. Leaving Eagleside is in all honesty one of the hardest parts about having to move.

Posted January 22, 2013
My daughter attended preschool and Kindergarten at Eagleside. I can not say enough positive things about the staff. The office secretaries are very helpful, organized and friendly. I really felt like they took an interest in me and my daughter. The teachers I got to work with were AMAZING!! Very helpful and truly interested in the education of my daughter.

Posted October 04, 2012
My son has attended this school for 3 years. First of all, if individualism is important to you for your child, then forget about this school. They are NOT allowed to talk at lunch time and have 15 minutes for recess with other kids. Silence in the hallways, silence at lunch and basically they are overly controlling of the students. I know that many parents pull their children out of this school because they only focus on getting grants. Cons: special entrance into preschool only if your child has special needs or they have family issues, otherwise if your child is normal, you have to find and pay for a private preschool. You have to pay for full day Kindergarten 150.00 a month. They also do not allow the kids to celebrate birthdays/ holidays (no class party's). Their mantra is work them into little robots, suck out the fun of school we all had growing up, and use school time to ONLY prep the kids for the tests they need to get grants. My advice is to find another school to enroll your child in that lets them be who they are. P.S> If your child is not advanced or they have special needs: ADD/ADHD/autism spectrum they will fall behind quickly in this school.

Posted October 04, 2012
I too have had issues with this school and they are right about the preschool. I need to clarify what they were saying after reading the reviews. If you noticed many of the reviews were about preschool and they special focus on the military family. At Eagleside they consider a parent deployed as a "special need" for the kid. They are put in with kids who are truly behind in preschool entrance (cannot pass the assessment for preschool and need help for the basic requirements for kindergarten), or with kids who suffer from family issues. These are the requirements for the child to be accepted into preschool otherwise, you find and pay for your child to go to a private preschool, which are very limited in this area. If you are military, you will have a better time with this school, they do accommodate for the military, because they get grants from the government and you will find that most of the days off from school correspond with military time off as well. This of course is beneficial to a military family. Like a few reviews stated, if your child is very advanced, they will do well at this school. But if your child is not VERY advanced they will suffer some difficulty.

Posted August 31, 2011
I love the school!!! The Principal, teachers, staff and kids are just wonderful! We have been attending this school 3 1/2 years. My youngest is now in Pre-K. Everyone is so helpful and happy. Now that I have the time I am able to volunteer more. All the teachers are in need of extra help and I think that the kids enjoy seeing the volunteers come in. Its been great to see this school grow and I have been happy with how my child is being taught. Any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. It is a great school who understands how to deal with children of military families who have to deal with frequent deployments.

Posted November 24, 2010
I am an academic tutor of an Eagleside student who spent years in a top Academy District 20 school without even being taught the steps in the Scientific method! Now the kid is 6th-grader at Eagleside and got a first prize in the science fair. Every project diligently followed the scientific method, and the grand prize in her age group was actually quite impressive. I say this as one who has been a science fair judge for years. Anyway, if you want to see an American public school that is charting new territory, Eagleside is it!

Posted July 09, 2010
This is my youngest childs 3rd school in 5years and she loves it, my middle child went for her 5th grade year and she also loved the school and the teachers. It is a great military/civilian community.

Posted May 25, 2010
This year was my sons first year and Im glad I decided on this school. He is advanced in reading, math, spelling and writing. The teachers are awesome and the staff is wonderful. The school has an amazing art class and teacher. My son was in first grade this year and he begin the school year reading at a first grade level and now he is reading at a third grade level. I also work with him at home and I believe the duo combination paid off. Thanks Eagleside!

Posted May 11, 2010
This school is the best in Fountain, Colorado. The PTO is focused on new activities to raise money for the school. For example they are having their first carnival at the end of this school year. There is a lot of military families here so they have special programs for the children that are adjusting to their parents going on deployments. They have a wonderful before and after school program with Boys and Girls Club, which takes place in the cafeteria. The teachers are so kind and loving to the children. They have so much wisdom in their teaching and judging by my daughter straight A's it's easy to see that their dedication makes the difference. My daughter has gone to Eagleside for 3 years and has learned so much. The extra-curricular activities are exciting. Computers, music, art, they have so much to offer your child. Great choice for your family!

Eagleside Elementary School
9750 Sentry Dr, Fountain, CO  80817
Last modified Eagleside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagleside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top