Fountain, CO
Students enrolled: 1,645

Fountain-Fort Carson High School 4

Posted March 31, 2013
FFCHS is a great school, their lap top program is set up to help kids be prepared for the real world of technologies. I have read other parents complain about the program however, I feel that if you do more than talk to your child when needed in regards to rewards and punishments they will not abuse the privilege. It does have down sides which is why I did not give a full boat of stars, ( I have had 2 kids go here, one has graduated already and the other graduates this year ) Both my kids ( 1 boy and 1 girl ) have had issues with teachers losing assignments even when turned in online, I started having them take screen shots of the uploaded assignments and having to send emails to teachers asking them to look for the assignment again to which they found that which was lost.

Fountain-Fort Carson High School 4

Posted April 23, 2012
I love the district. The only thing that I do not like is that the school does not offer the option of not giving your child a laptop. My son has been there for 2 years now, and this is his last year due to the laptop. I really would prefer my children to have access to them, but not on a daily basis to take home. I would love for my child to pick up a book, and use a pen and a piece of paper. My son is no too responsible with the laptop. Although the rules are set, he still visits Facebook regularly and he downloads movies and music to watch and listen to. He is told that it is for homework, but he is a teenager with a laptop. He will be going to Mesa Ridge next year to use books instead.

Posted March 21, 2012
I went here my freshmen and sophomore year. I didn't really like it. The teachers were ok. The problem was that kids bullied me just about every day which kinda ruined it for me. If your fit in with the people there, then it will be great. If your like me, then it will be terrible.

Posted June 06, 2011
I went here two years before I moved. I must say that I wish I could have stayed. The school was well kept, the teachers knew what they were talking about adn made an effort to keep class fun, the students (especially in the honors classes were amazing), the school was all around awesome. The sports program is outstanding with caring coaches, the sports complex is top notch, their are clubs for every student. I couldn't ask for a better school. The laptops are a major plus.

Posted March 11, 2010
This school by far has been the best school that throughout my high school years. FFCHS was my fifth high school and never in my life have I seen a school with so much interaction and communication from the students, teachers, counselors and staff. The school provides the students with so many opportunities that many of the other schools that I have attended did not offer. They really help lessen financial burdens as well for tests, and the only school where they have not asked a student to bring in a lot of materials. The counselors are amazing!!! Their doors are always open and help cater to your needs greatly. The school helps students to try and open up to ideas beyond high school. We even have a leadership class! FFCHS does a lot for the Fountain community as well; especially, for the volunteer work we do.

Posted October 07, 2009

Fountain-Fort Carson High School 0

Posted September 24, 2009
Well i don't like this school like my other school but it has some good things. Like i never have seen a school that gives the students laptops!!! ha ha but it is a good school and im proud to be a student here :)

Posted August 18, 2009

Fountain-Fort Carson High School 0

Posted August 10, 2009
This is the most amazing school. Felllow students are friendly, the teachers are fun and amazing and the sport programs are beyond amazing. If i had the choice to move i would stay here. Go Trojans

Posted June 09, 2009
I love the school, I've gone here three years and now am a senior in the school. I love how dedicated my teachers are to my work and the laptops are wonderful. I'm normally a disorganized student with papers and I'd always be loosing my working because I'm so disorganized. the laptops help me keep my work and I've gotten better grades thanks to it. I would not want to go to any other school in Colorado. if your having problems with keeping your kids away from the internet, it's not the schools fault. its your fault for not being able to control your kid. It's mean to say but entirely true.

Fountain-Fort Carson High School
900 Jimmy Camp Rd, Fountain, CO  80817
Last modified Fountain-Fort Carson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fountain-Fort Carson High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top