Bad
Good

I have been a special education teacher for 8+ years. I have lived in the D-8 boundaries for 6 years now. My grandson attends the Aragon Pre-K program. I have seen steady growth with my grandson as he has unique needs that have been provided for his education. I cannot say enough good things about the support and the care that my daughter and I have witnessed since his enrollment. The school system is only one part of a child's education. The parent involvement in their child's education plays a MINIMUM of 40% to insure that their child follows through with the expectation of the school and classroom rules. I would highly recommend Aragon Elementary to any new and/or military family.

I'm tired of this school and can't wait for the school year to be over to remove my kid from this school.... excuses... and blame Hey if your school scores are down then sit look at what needs to be fixed, Look at this they wonder why kids are stressed and emotional when a teacher can't pull a child to the side to question them about class work, they will do it in front of the whole school and now the child is embarrassed and crying this is harsh...

This school work like a team and taking care a military kids when the parent's are out .

The teachers and staff care about the students and are able to meet the needs of all students.

My children have been at Aragon since preschool and we have enjoyed every moment. I have a daughter with special needs and her teachers are wonderful. Her individual education plan is tailored to her needs and the staff truly gives her the assistance she needs. My second grader loves the school and as a military family we hate to move. Aragon also has wonderful parent volunteers and we are proud to be Aragon Alligators!

Great school, special needs program a plus

My son was transferred to Aragon this fall and placed in a special needs classroom. This has been the best thing we've ever done for him. The staff are wonderful and so supportive. The teachers are vested in the education of all of the children. The support staff in the office and principal and assistant are always there to help out. They have a program where they try and make sure to teach each child on their own level to help them excel. For example, my Kindergarten son is doing mostly 1st grade work.

Aragon has a wonderful environment for all children to succeed in. The teachers accommodate for the different skill levels to benefit all of the students. The school's behavior program focuses more on rewarding positive behavior instead of just punishing the negative. The extracurriculars are called specials and include choir, PE and tech lab. I do wish they had more music programs offered for older students such as band and also an art program would be highly appreciated. There are two organizations to include parents; Parents In Action and Positive Behavior Support. Many parents are on both committees. Parents also volunteer in the classrooms which helps the students as well as the teachers. Overall, I have been very pleased with Aragon.

Last modified Aragon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.