Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Franktown Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2016
I am the parent of Franktown Elementary students, and while I feel the teachers are very student focused, the administration is not. I don't think the principal has the best interest of students at heart; his decisions appear to be politically and personally motivated, rather than educationally focused. Every time I am in the building I get the impression that he is dismissive and belittling to staff and parents alike. For the most part, I have loved my kids teachers, they are caring and obviously there for the love of teaching. however, because kids are impressionable and learn what they see, my biggest concern with their day to day attendance at FES, is their exposure to the disrespect shown by administration.

Franktown Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted February 14, 2016
There fantastically effective teachers. However, there are adequate teachers as well, and then poor teachers. Poor teachers (as parents report) are rated "highly effective". Fantastic teachers are ranked "effective" at most. The principal is on a power trip. He's rude to students, he talks about students in the hallways

Franktown Elementary School 2

Posted February 14, 2016
Until the current principal stops using personal feelings to get rid of quality teachers, this school will go downhill.

Posted February 22, 2014
We currently have two children at Franktown and have loved our experiences there. Challenging curriculum, small class sizes, and an overall loving and nurturing environment. It is a school with a great "community feel" and lots of involvement from parents in the classrooms, PTO, and community events.

Posted May 21, 2013
We moved to this location because we heard great things about Franktown. They did not disappoint us. As long as the class size stays as small as it is we will be thrilled for all of our children to go there. Franktown is a country school with old school manners and charm, not like these suburbia schools at all. Thank goodness we got out of the suburbs and came out here.. the difference is night and day with my kids.

Posted June 13, 2011
I love LOVE this school. They have a really down to earth, back to the basics vibe and my daughter thrived while attending. The teachers and staff are patient and accepting. They nuture the child as a whole while still encouraging growth academically. You can not get better than this.

Posted January 22, 2009
Wonderful friendly school. ...............we love it here.

Posted February 05, 2008
I went to school at Franktown Elementary about seven years ago; and attended that school from pre-school to sixth grade. This school did not only create a lot of memories for me but it created an environment that I was safe and comfortable in. All of the teachers that I had had a great impact on me; if they didn't then I would not have taken this time just to rate the school that I attended so long ago. I would give this school an excellent rating; they have worked for it!

Posted June 12, 2007
FES is an excellent school! The teachers are wonderful and talented, and the parents create a supportive and friendly learning community. Hands down one of the best!

Franktown Elementary School
1384 North State Highway 83 Po Box 308, Franktown, CO  80116
Last modified Franktown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.