Golden, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted April 30, 2014
Shelton is great! The teachers are amazing - a balance of fun/nurturing and academically challenging. The environment is warm, welcoming, and creative. The parent community is friendly and supportive. Our current principal is passionate and has worked hard to build strong ties within the school and in the community. Our incoming principal is equally committed to Shelton and, I'm sure, will continue to lead our children and school toward excellence. In short, we love it.

Posted April 30, 2014
This is my 11th year at Shelton, and I still love it!! We have had a great principal for the past 8 years (who is only leaving because of her husband's job). She has hired many quality teachers to round out an excellent staff. Our incoming principal is already well known by many of us parents, and we are very excited to have her lead our school. The parent involvement is great, the extracurricular activities are well run, and the communication is fantastic. It simply is a wonderful school!

Posted April 30, 2014
Shelton has been a great fit for our family. The school provides a great balance of academic challenge and many opportunities for the kids to explore their creativity and passion in a variety of topics and extra-curricular activities. The school has a welcoming environment that celebrates the rich diversity of the students, which brings a wonderful depth to the educational experience. Parents and teachers are passionate, engaged and committed to the school and the students.

Posted April 30, 2014
Shelton Elementary has amazing teachers, dedicated parents and well behaved kids. We have an amazing Science Discovery Lab with experiments that correlate specifically to lesson plans in each grade. The School of Mines is very involved with this school in the lab on a monthly basis and during Science Night. My 3rd grader is a full level ahead in reading and math and my kindergartner loves going to school each day. This school is welcoming and enriching. This school offers more diversity than any other school in Jeffco. My kids are lucky to be going to school with kids from all over the world while their parents get degrees from the School of Mines. I highly recommend this school. The teachers and staff care about the kids and it shows. I love that my kids attend the neighborhood school and can walk, scooter, or bike to school on most days!

Posted April 30, 2014
Shelton is remarkably diverse in a state where it can be hard to find diversity. Better yet, the school encourages learning from the diversity. The result is a place that emphasizes education as well as kindness and tolerance. And all while winning awards for academic excellence!

Posted April 30, 2014
Shelton provides a great balance between academic rigor and other enrichment activities. It has provided our kids with an opportunity to be exposed to some of the important diversity represented by our community, which is helping them to grow into well rounded young adults. Great communication between parents, teachers, and staff.

Posted April 20, 2014
I am so excited to have my son enrolled in KG at Shelton. The way the welcome us indicates that the staff of this school is nice and professional. I did recommend this school to my other friends.

Posted April 03, 2014
Shelton is a school with great diversity! Your child will learn about so many types of people and cultures from all around the world. The teacher here are top notch and go above and beyond children's academic needs. They are loving and kind and great educators. Shelton provides many after school activities from art, music, and sports .You will have no problem finding something fun for any type of kid. All of these attributes make Shelton a safe and fun atmosphere for all kids to thrive! It also has the best community, kids and workers that make it feel like home! Glad we chose to make Shelton our home!

Posted April 02, 2014
My child is in kindergarten at Shelton and we've loved it so far. The principal, teachers, and parents all are very committed to the school and the students.

Posted April 02, 2014
I have 2 kids at Shelton in 3rd and 1st Grade and am very happy with the level of education they have received so far. I love that the kids go to a neighborhood school with great diversity of students and families from all over the globe. The teachers and leadership of the school is very professional and they are always willing to make time to talk should we have questions about our kids. There are plenty of options for extra curricular activities should the kids want to get involved. I definitely recommend Shelton to any families in the area.

Shelton Elementary School
420 Crawford St, Golden, CO  80401
Last modified Shelton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shelton Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top