Posted August 14, 2014
I LOOOVE IT!!! This is best school ever. The program is amazing, and so are all the kids and animals. (golden compass farm schooler)

Compass Montessori - Golden Charter School 1

Posted July 31, 2014
Montessori school is supposed to teach children to be able to make decisions for themselves with the guidance of their educators. With the extended amount of time they spend with the children teachers and staff guidance has a large influence on how the children learn to function in society. It is important that educators do not only teach reading, writing, and arithmetic.. but also teach the children kindness, to be thoughtful, to be courteous, and to be considerate of people around you. Unfortunately the Compass Montessori School in Wheat Ridge is not able to, or not willing to, value courtesy or considerate behavior. It has been requested politely, sternly, and even by the Wheat Ridge Police that they make more of an effort to guide their students to be more considerate of the neighbors around them. Unfortunately, this type of guidance is above the staff's level of competence. I would be extremely hesitant to let a child of mine, or of a friend be taught with this type of negligent guidance. It has been requested that they improve their ability to instill being considerate of those around, but the educators have shown it is outside of their level of competence.

Compass Montessori - Golden Charter School 1

Posted February 13, 2014
I thought this would be a good school, but I have been extremely disappointed. Too much play time and not much interest in core education. In my opinion Its more a club than a quality school. The "Executive Board" doesn't seem to know much about education.. I hope the newly elected school board will do something about this school.

Posted September 02, 2012
Compass has exceeded our expectations at every turn. This is truly a community school, where kids learn benefit from belonging and learn the value of service. I wish that I could give a more than 5 star rating for the quality of the teachers; it is a joy to think to myself in the morning, "I'm so glad that my kid gets to spend her day with you." Not only have they guided my child to meet all of her academic milestones on time, watching them has taught me invaluable things about how to best support a growing learner. I appreciate the expanded Montessori curriculum, which includes teaching geography from preschool and grammar/mechanics from first grade. Not to mention peace and conflict resolution from the earliest ages. Beyond the academics at Compass, I am thrilled with all of the intangibles--things like opportunities for parent education; student leadership development; critical thinking and problem solving skills; self discipline; and independence. These kids know how to find the information they need, rather than regurgitate facts and figures for the benefit of the adults around them. They know how to learn, and that is what I want for my children.

Posted August 29, 2012
I am so impressed by Compass Montessori school! This is such a great way to teach kids about the real world and their place in it. My daughter is in the Farm School (7th - 9th grades) and she learns through practical application of leadership skills, self direction, personal responsibility, care of self and others (human and animal), community service, social and environmental issues, real world use of academic lessons and many opportunities for personal growth. This is unlike any school I went to growing up. The students who come out of the full Compass program are light years beyond their peers in so many ways! Our family loves Compass!

Posted January 21, 2012
Compass has offered my son an amazing blend of a nurturing environment and educational opportunities. When I walk into his classroom the amount of engagement blows me away every time. Surprisingly, when I toured the school, the same level of engagement was present in the high school as well. I'm hoping my son can be here for the next 13 years!!!

Posted January 19, 2012
Compass provides an incredible environment for my high school student. She is engaged in her learning at a completely different level than she was at her previous school. The teachers are intelligent, professional, highly capable, and incredibly supportive of each and every student - not just doing a fantastic job of teaching them the academic subject matter, but helping them become independent, responsible members of our community. I feel incredibly fortunate to have my child attending Compass Montessori.

Posted November 09, 2011
We've been with Compass Montessori for the past four years. This year my daughter is attending 7th grade (the Farm School) at the Golden Campus. The education follows the traditional Montessori philosophy and has been so inspiring as well and academically challenging for my child. Not only is she becoming more self directed and self disciplined in her studies she is learning how to be an excellent citizen and how to contribute to her community. The program and teachers also provide the environment and guidance for students to build self awareness, self confidence, and strength to advocate for themselves. This is a unique school with incredibly talented teachers who are approachable, communicative and take the time to connect with parents. This school provides an unconventional approach to teaching. If you, as a parent, have the personal strength to let go of conventional thinking and can embrace a teaching philosophy that has been around for a while, but is likely unfamiliar - you will be amazed at what your children can accomplish here.

Posted July 21, 2011
We have only been with compass for one year, but they have a fantastic preschool program. The teachers really love their jobs and it shows. Parent involvement is great and we enjoy the volunteer programs which let us socialize with other parents and kids.

Compass Montessori - Golden Charter School 2

Posted April 27, 2011
Our first year was fantastic. The guides in the farm school (middle) were outstanding and we felt our child was getting a great education. This past year we have not been as pleased. Project due dates have changed multiple times, papers turned in are lost by teachers, there is little to no communication and very little academic work especially in English and Math. When we have contacted teachers we are given vague answers and were even told, "grades aren't really important and its okay if chooses not to work hard in a topic they don't like.' The last 5 weeks of school this year are 'intensives' which involve little to no school work. Spending 2 hours a day learning about dance instead of academics in some form is not my definition of Montessori. Unfortunately we will be removing our child from the school rather than hoping it will just improve next year to ensure our child has a solid education. In addition having a Principal pull a student from the classroom, then tell the student that wearing an 'Air Force' shirt, (given to her by her brother who is in the Air Force) is inappropriate and promotes violence was concerning.

Compass Montessori - Golden Charter School
4441 Salvia St, Golden, CO  80403
(303) 271-1977
Last modified Compass Montessori - Golden Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Compass Montessori - Golden Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top