Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted October 03, 2015
We have been with Compass at Golden community for three years and now are in our fourth...our son is in first grade. I am so pleased we got a chance to begin his Montessori education there at age three and keep going. The teachers and staff that we have experienced are dedicated and empathic and talented, and the new leadership seems as committed to excellence. I have no experience with the Board and can’t speak to the experience of others who have rated this school with one star, but for us and our son, it is a place to thrive, be independent, and be challenged. Overall, it is a leap of faith to step outside traditional sit-in-at-a-desk and take home a big folder of home work model, but when you look at the continuum of education and graduation rate/college placement (after all isn’t the end goal the true measure of a result?), ACT scores, and other factors, I feel comfortable knowing my son is getting a great education alongside learning community social values. Of occurs things changes, as kids develop, what worked at one phase may not work at the other, but for now, he is on par, at pace and more so with his friends and peers from other schools. We love what we see every day.

Posted September 24, 2015
Too much playtime. Some teachers way overestimate their teaching ability. One senior member of the school sent email to everyone that threatened to report families for absences. They are rated the lowest in lower in performance by Jefferson County Schools. O fcourse they spend a lot of tine against core education and the school board.

Posted April 09, 2015
To make long story short, Compass is not what it seems to be. The executive board seems to be more concerned about it's image than it is about the children. Our family had a very disappointing experience. There are some great people involved in and with the school. But the overall vibe is not community or the whole child, it is judgmental and the "perfect child". Sad for my son, but now he has moved on and has recovered from being treated unfairly.

Posted August 14, 2014
I LOOOVE IT!!! This is best school ever. The program is amazing, and so are all the kids and animals. (golden compass farm schooler)

Posted July 31, 2014
Montessori school is supposed to teach children to be able to make decisions for themselves with the guidance of their educators. With the extended amount of time they spend with the children teachers and staff guidance has a large influence on how the children learn to function in society. It is important that educators do not only teach reading, writing, and arithmetic.. but also teach the children kindness, to be thoughtful, to be courteous, and to be considerate of people around you. Unfortunately the Compass Montessori School in Wheat Ridge is not able to, or not willing to, value courtesy or considerate behavior. It has been requested politely, sternly, and even by the Wheat Ridge Police that they make more of an effort to guide their students to be more considerate of the neighbors around them. Unfortunately, this type of guidance is above the staff's level of competence. I would be extremely hesitant to let a child of mine, or of a friend be taught with this type of negligent guidance. It has been requested that they improve their ability to instill being considerate of those around, but the educators have shown it is outside of their level of competence.

Posted February 13, 2014
I thought this would be a good school, but I have been extremely disappointed. Too much play time and not much interest in core education. In my opinion Its more a club than a quality school. The "Executive Board" doesn't seem to know much about education.. I hope the newly elected school board will do something about this school.

Posted September 02, 2012
Compass has exceeded our expectations at every turn. This is truly a community school, where kids learn benefit from belonging and learn the value of service. I wish that I could give a more than 5 star rating for the quality of the teachers; it is a joy to think to myself in the morning, "I'm so glad that my kid gets to spend her day with you." Not only have they guided my child to meet all of her academic milestones on time, watching them has taught me invaluable things about how to best support a growing learner. I appreciate the expanded Montessori curriculum, which includes teaching geography from preschool and grammar/mechanics from first grade. Not to mention peace and conflict resolution from the earliest ages. Beyond the academics at Compass, I am thrilled with all of the intangibles--things like opportunities for parent education; student leadership development; critical thinking and problem solving skills; self discipline; and independence. These kids know how to find the information they need, rather than regurgitate facts and figures for the benefit of the adults around them. They know how to learn, and that is what I want for my children.

Posted August 29, 2012
I am so impressed by Compass Montessori school! This is such a great way to teach kids about the real world and their place in it. My daughter is in the Farm School (7th - 9th grades) and she learns through practical application of leadership skills, self direction, personal responsibility, care of self and others (human and animal), community service, social and environmental issues, real world use of academic lessons and many opportunities for personal growth. This is unlike any school I went to growing up. The students who come out of the full Compass program are light years beyond their peers in so many ways! Our family loves Compass!

Posted January 21, 2012
Compass has offered my son an amazing blend of a nurturing environment and educational opportunities. When I walk into his classroom the amount of engagement blows me away every time. Surprisingly, when I toured the school, the same level of engagement was present in the high school as well. I'm hoping my son can be here for the next 13 years!!!

Posted January 19, 2012
Compass provides an incredible environment for my high school student. She is engaged in her learning at a completely different level than she was at her previous school. The teachers are intelligent, professional, highly capable, and incredibly supportive of each and every student - not just doing a fantastic job of teaching them the academic subject matter, but helping them become independent, responsible members of our community. I feel incredibly fortunate to have my child attending Compass Montessori.

Compass Montessori - Golden Charter School
4441 Salvia Street, Golden, CO  80403
(303) 271-1977
Last modified Compass Montessori - Golden Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Compass Montessori - Golden Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top