Golden, CO
After care: No

Jeffco's 21st Century Virtual Academy 5

Posted December 12, 2012
The teachers at this school are absolutely fantastic. They're teachers who actually want to be teaching, and they focus on individual students more than any "brick and mortar" school. My daughter says "It's better education than a regular high school, without all the bullies and things that make high school terrible. I'll get to tell my kids that my high school experience was great!" The new principal is one of the nicest men you could meet, and he's a complete goof ball that all the students love. It's unbelievable how much my daughter has grown through J21VA and we plan on keeping her there until she graduates.

Jeffco's 21st Century Virtual Academy 5

Posted February 06, 2012
My son is taking a math course at Jeffco Virtual since the course isn't offered at his school. Signing up wasn't too hard, but he did have to take a somewhat long intro to online learning class. For math, they use a "prepackaged" online class, so the instructor isn't making up the material as he goes along. (Having taken some poorly thought out online classes myself-- that's definitely a good thing!) I was worried about him learning math alone by just reading, but the curriculum is so well designed that he is able to get the concepts that way after all. He likes that he he can practice at his own pace, and that he can see the results of most tests/quizzes quickly. I can log in to his account, too, so that I can occasionally look in on his grades and see if he's having any trouble, which is a nice feature. The one thing I might change is that he usually finishes up the whole week's math in just two or three hours, which doesn't really seem like enough time to spend on the subject. I think they should up the rigor a bit or maybe offer an honors option. Overall, though, I am very grateful that JeffCo has this great option for our kids.

Jeffco's 21st Century Virtual Academy
1829 Denver West Dr Bldg 2, Golden, CO  80401
Last modified Jeffco's 21st Century Virtual Academy is a Public school that serves grades 7-12
Jeffco's 21st Century Virtual Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top