Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted November 06, 2015
The staff is incredibly invested in thier students and are so willing to provide support and guidance. Not to mention that they are all incredibly responsive. I have never waited more than 24 hours for an email response, unless it was the weekend or a holiday. And even then, I've often had teachers respond immediately to let me know they'd address the email Monday, which is above and beyond in my opinion. Also, their athletic staff is incredibly involved and supportive of the kids. Our experience has been wonderful!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 06, 2015
A HUGE thanks to Sia Anderson for being so intentional and building a team of girls that are kind, respectful, and are expected to display a high level of character and support for thier student body. I can't say enough about how valuable your influence is to these girls. Strong, dedicated, and kind. That's what you are and what you ask of the girls on your team.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 06, 2015
The athletic administrators really encourage the involvement of kids from all levels of ability, both financial, mental, and physical, and they support them in success according to their level of need and ability to be involved. There are many developmentally disabled kids and kids from lower incomes thriving in athletic involvement there.

Golden High School 4

Posted December 04, 2014
We are new to the Golden community. This school is great! The community is very supportive and welcoming. Golden is a lovely school and we chose it because it doesnt have IB. We were looking for challenging classes but like the idea of choosing which subjects these classes are in as well as not having the whole school focused on one program. We found a great fit with Golden. The teachers and coaches are supportive and take their job of being mentors to our children very seriously. I havent dealt with administration much so I cant speak to the leadership. After leaving Denver public schools (which are a joke) we couldnt be happier with Golden.

Posted January 14, 2014
Some really exciting things happening at Golden High School. This is the only real "neighborhood high school" in Jeffco - and it serves kids across the spectrum well!! GHS is a STEM school, without feeling the need to be labeled such. At the same time, it has an excellent arts program and very high-level culinary courses. In other words, ALL the kids from the GHS neighborhood will find their niche here. Honors and AP kids thrive. ESS kids thrive. Teachers are engaged and care about kids even outside of the classroom. Team spirit runs deep and community involvement is high. The Golden City Council has only one high school on which to focus - GHS benefits from that community connection. The oldest high school in Colorado is a GREAT SCHOOL!

Posted July 07, 2013
I have transferred many times since starting school. I am about to start my senior year at GHS. I have been there for a year and a half now and I love it. The academics are challenging and I have been welcomed into the community. Through social opportunities and athletics I feel like I truly am a part of the school. All of the teachers and staff have been great. I love GHS and am glad that I will be graduating from the school.

Posted August 14, 2012
My name is Juan carlos I went to GHS in 1977 as a foreing student from Venezuela, I loved that school, theTeachers were very strict, I had a wonderfull friends. I will sent my son when he graduated from high school here in Venezuela to GHS to learn english. a Very good school and the people excelent.

Golden High School 1

Posted April 23, 2012
Each of my three children attended this school, but none graduated; I removed them due to issues with the administration. This is not a school that will work to meet the individual needs of the student. On several occassions, I tried to work with staff to modify course schedule to best fit my student's progress and capabilities. Each time I was told that changes could not be accommodated. Tired of edictorial policy and false promises, I decided to look elsewhere for a quality education . I found out that in Jeffco, school policies are mostly controlled by the local school administrators. In the case of Principal Murphy at GHS, this meant no special effort to work with the student. The policy trickled down to the other administratos as well, including current Principal Conroy, who as AP did not keep several commitments. Since the class of 2011 graduated, several of the adminstrators have left the school, presumably retired. However, what every parent should know is that even in the public school system there are options. Other Jeffco schools are more accommodating. Contact your school superintendent to discuss the options if you have a student that does not fit the rigid GHS mold.

Golden High School 4

Posted July 17, 2011
My son graduated from GHS in 2007. He has now graduated from an out of state university with excellent grades. He was extremely well prepared for college. In fact, his freshman year of college my son commented that he was better prepared for college than many of his classmates who had attended private prep schools. Like everything you will get out of GHS what you put into it. We now have a son entering 10th grade at GHS are pleased with his progress there as well.

Golden High School 3

Posted February 01, 2010
The school its self is great! but the teachers and students have a 'blah' attutide! I sugest a different school!

701 24th Street, Golden, CO  80401
Last modified Golden High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top