Posted December 04, 2014
We are new to the Golden community. This school is great! The community is very supportive and welcoming. Golden is a lovely school and we chose it because it doesnt have IB. We were looking for challenging classes but like the idea of choosing which subjects these classes are in as well as not having the whole school focused on one program. We found a great fit with Golden. The teachers and coaches are supportive and take their job of being mentors to our children very seriously. I havent dealt with administration much so I cant speak to the leadership. After leaving Denver public schools (which are a joke) we couldnt be happier with Golden.

Posted January 14, 2014
Some really exciting things happening at Golden High School. This is the only real "neighborhood high school" in Jeffco - and it serves kids across the spectrum well!! GHS is a STEM school, without feeling the need to be labeled such. At the same time, it has an excellent arts program and very high-level culinary courses. In other words, ALL the kids from the GHS neighborhood will find their niche here. Honors and AP kids thrive. ESS kids thrive. Teachers are engaged and care about kids even outside of the classroom. Team spirit runs deep and community involvement is high. The Golden City Council has only one high school on which to focus - GHS benefits from that community connection. The oldest high school in Colorado is a GREAT SCHOOL!

Posted July 07, 2013
I have transferred many times since starting school. I am about to start my senior year at GHS. I have been there for a year and a half now and I love it. The academics are challenging and I have been welcomed into the community. Through social opportunities and athletics I feel like I truly am a part of the school. All of the teachers and staff have been great. I love GHS and am glad that I will be graduating from the school.

Posted August 14, 2012
My name is Juan carlos I went to GHS in 1977 as a foreing student from Venezuela, I loved that school, theTeachers were very strict, I had a wonderfull friends. I will sent my son when he graduated from high school here in Venezuela to GHS to learn english. a Very good school and the people excelent.

Golden High School 1

Posted April 23, 2012
Each of my three children attended this school, but none graduated; I removed them due to issues with the administration. This is not a school that will work to meet the individual needs of the student. On several occassions, I tried to work with staff to modify course schedule to best fit my student's progress and capabilities. Each time I was told that changes could not be accommodated. Tired of edictorial policy and false promises, I decided to look elsewhere for a quality education . I found out that in Jeffco, school policies are mostly controlled by the local school administrators. In the case of Principal Murphy at GHS, this meant no special effort to work with the student. The policy trickled down to the other administratos as well, including current Principal Conroy, who as AP did not keep several commitments. Since the class of 2011 graduated, several of the adminstrators have left the school, presumably retired. However, what every parent should know is that even in the public school system there are options. Other Jeffco schools are more accommodating. Contact your school superintendent to discuss the options if you have a student that does not fit the rigid GHS mold.

Posted July 17, 2011
My son graduated from GHS in 2007. He has now graduated from an out of state university with excellent grades. He was extremely well prepared for college. In fact, his freshman year of college my son commented that he was better prepared for college than many of his classmates who had attended private prep schools. Like everything you will get out of GHS what you put into it. We now have a son entering 10th grade at GHS are pleased with his progress there as well.

Posted May 07, 2010

Golden High School 3

Posted February 01, 2010
The school its self is great! but the teachers and students have a 'blah' attutide! I sugest a different school!

Golden High School 0

Posted January 19, 2010
I am a parent of a Freshman at GHS and thus far I love this school! The academic challenge is definitely there in the honors program and there is a wonderful community of really smart and interesting kids. There is a sense of 'community' in this school that is lacking in all of the other Jeffco High Schools. Their drama department is nothing short of unbelievable in what they produce, and the sports teams, while not the very best are competitive at most levels. The brand new facility is first rate and has brought a whole new atmosphere to this school. These kids are getting the best teachers in brand new classrooms with views that most people have to pay for! A real nugget (no pun intended!) of a school!

Golden High School 3

Posted December 29, 2009
After spending a semester at GHS I would have to say the the people at golden are very friendly unfortunatly acedemicaly I was never challanged and find myself having to catch up going back to finish my high school years

Golden High School
701 24th St, Golden, CO  80401
Last modified Golden High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top