Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I wouldn't know I don't ever really see any bullying.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Not at all. The school is decent otherwise.

Develops character: Disagree

The school lacks spirit if that's what you're asking.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There's way too much of it at once or there isn't any at all.

There's a couple really horrible teachers and the school does nothing to help.

The staff is incredibly invested in thier students and are so willing to provide support and guidance. Not to mention that they are all incredibly responsive. I have never waited more than 24 hours for an email response, unless it was the weekend or a holiday. And even then, I've often had teachers respond immediately to let me know they'd address the email Monday, which is above and beyond in my opinion. Also, their athletic staff is incredibly involved and supportive of the kids. Our experience has been wonderful!

We are new to the Golden community. This school is great! The community is very supportive and welcoming. Golden is a lovely school and we chose it because it doesnt have IB. We were looking for challenging classes but like the idea of choosing which subjects these classes are in as well as not having the whole school focused on one program. We found a great fit with Golden. The teachers and coaches are supportive and take their job of being mentors to our children very seriously. I havent dealt with administration much so I cant speak to the leadership. After leaving Denver public schools (which are a joke) we couldnt be happier with Golden.

Some really exciting things happening at Golden High School. This is the only real "neighborhood high school" in Jeffco - and it serves kids across the spectrum well!! GHS is a STEM school, without feeling the need to be labeled such. At the same time, it has an excellent arts program and very high-level culinary courses. In other words, ALL the kids from the GHS neighborhood will find their niche here. Honors and AP kids thrive. ESS kids thrive. Teachers are engaged and care about kids even outside of the classroom. Team spirit runs deep and community involvement is high. The Golden City Council has only one high school on which to focus - GHS benefits from that community connection. The oldest high school in Colorado is a GREAT SCHOOL!

I have transferred many times since starting school. I am about to start my senior year at GHS. I have been there for a year and a half now and I love it. The academics are challenging and I have been welcomed into the community. Through social opportunities and athletics I feel like I truly am a part of the school. All of the teachers and staff have been great. I love GHS and am glad that I will be graduating from the school.

My name is Juan carlos I went to GHS in 1977 as a foreing student from Venezuela, I loved that school, theTeachers were very strict, I had a wonderfull friends. I will sent my son when he graduated from high school here in Venezuela to GHS to learn english. a Very good school and the people excelent.

Last modified Golden High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.