Golden, CO

Posted March 21, 2014
The staff and principal are excellent. This is a traditional learning environment but many teachers try to integrate experiential learning when possible. The current principal has been there 2 years and is really approachable and does a great job of supporting all stakeholders, including students, parents, and staff.

Maple Grove Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2013
Maple Grove is a terrible school. My daughter loved school until she went to this school. Her teacher ignored her IEP and was very mean to my daughter. Her teacher ignored my emails and phone calls. The principal was NO HELP!! He refused to intervene because he was their to support his staff. Not the parents or the children, but the staff.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 19, 2009
We recently moved to Colorado. I conducted a huge amount of research on grade & middle schools in the surrounding areas. I visited a number of schools and Maple Grove just felt the best. It was a really good decision. It is a fantastic school. The teachers are very sharp and care about their students. Communication is excellent and the PTA is very active. Everyone that I have met is welcoming and friendly. The kids are respectful and my kids have made great friends. I would highly recommend this school to parents interested in an overall solid education, competent teachers and principal and a friendly and safe environment.

Posted February 05, 2009
My son started K at this school. It has been such a great experience. He has so many opportunities with at the school- including extra curricular activities; his K teacher really works with the parents to make sure they are going to succeed into 1st grade. The PTA is very involved in ensuring the environment is a safe, secure place to go.

Posted September 30, 2008
I left another elementary school to attend Maple Grove and it was the best decision I could have made. The environment fosters learning, community responsibility and dedication to work. The teachers, especially 5th and 6th grade, are amazing and well qualified. I was so well prepared for The Manning School and I made so many great memories.

Posted May 09, 2008
We have loved our daughter's experience at Maple Grove so far. It's an amazing community of students and families in a nice, safe, small school setting. The level of parent involvement is fantastic and the teachers are amazing. Our daughter hasn't gotten to the testing phase of schooling yet, so maybe I'll feel differently eventually, but I'm impressed with all she's learning and happy about the academics and social environment.

Maple Grove Elementary School 1

Posted April 20, 2008

Maple Grove Elementary School 3

Posted March 21, 2008
Maple Grove has historically been an ecellent school. The new principle has been here for two years. We have found him to be very much a politician. He is very smooth and will say what he feels will pacify you, but don't expect much to get implemented. He will attempt to talk circles around you so you really can't pin him down on anything. Follow through and communication is difficult with this Principle. The math program is terrible (this is district wide) and there is NO writing program of any kind. There are some fantastic and dedicated teachers here, but have heard rumblings that they are frustrated with the Principle are some are leaving because of it. I'm hoping the district can set things straight with this school befroe it falls apart.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 17, 2007
Maple Grove has a great learning environment, and kids do learn cooperation and how to be creative. Tons of choices for extra curricular, parent involvement, and the teachers are great. They also have to learn self control and do get tested like other CSAP schools. But they are always supportive at CSAP times, and the kids get plenty of rewards and positive feedback.

Maple Grove Elementary School 2

Posted July 18, 2007
Don't expect your child to learn much besides academics....co-operative skills,creative skills and simply thinking out of the box don't exist. They will definitely learn how to take a test.

Maple Grove Elementary School
3085 Alkire St, Golden, CO  80401
Last modified Maple Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maple Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top