Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Staff members here are caring, respectful and interested in improvement. The principal is genuinely concerned about students and student achievement. Although mostly a traditional school, the emphasis is to support kids of all abilities and learning styles, including trying to expand teachers; repertoire of teaching methods. No school is perfect for every kid, but this neighborhood school does a fantastic job of trying to serve all of its families, with their varying needs.

It's all about the test scores only and children not being able to be children. Example a call home from an after school activity coirdinator saying your child and other children were giggling during a break mind you this was supposed to be a fun activity for them. They were instructed to stop. We've noticed parental clicks with other parents and teachers. Preferential treatment aka playing favorites with certain parents and unkind to other parents. The current principal all about the image (test scores) but ready to pass the buck in parent concerns when a teacher is not willing to fulfill their duties in parent teacher communication. He will attempt to project and verbally pin you in a corner creating false situations. Right off the bat we've dealt with unwelcoming teachers that are not friendly or considerate to certain parents and students. Very unprofessional seeing teachers stepping out of line and the principle supporting their bad behavior. On numerous occassions staff has been rude and unaccoutable including dishonest of their disrespectful behavior toward parents. Observing that a child's IEP was ignored, no backing in support when it comes to a child with special needs, ignoring the needs of these children and even separating these children away from their peers in class viewing them as problem children. Seeing now that in a previous review that another parent has unfortunately experienced this lack of equality. It does not match up what the principal stated about the no child left behind policy. Moody principle poor overbearing ways. We will not be placing our children at this school unless these repeat issues are addressed with tact and respect. Please rethink this school!!!

Unfortunately, this formerly great school on longer provides the high quality education that it once did. The current principal's over-controlling philosophy has pushed away both great teachers and active parents. It is very hard for me to say because this is our neighborhood school and in fact I went to this school as a child, but we have had a student in this school for the last 13 years and I would attempt to not enroll another if I had a viable option.

The staff and principal are excellent. This is a traditional learning environment but many teachers try to integrate experiential learning when possible. The current principal has been there 2 years and is really approachable and does a great job of supporting all stakeholders, including students, parents, and staff.

Maple Grove is a terrible school. My daughter loved school until she went to this school. Her teacher ignored her IEP and was very mean to my daughter. Her teacher ignored my emails and phone calls. The principal was NO HELP!! He refused to intervene because he was their to support his staff. Not the parents or the children, but the staff.

We recently moved to Colorado. I conducted a huge amount of research on grade & middle schools in the surrounding areas. I visited a number of schools and Maple Grove just felt the best. It was a really good decision. It is a fantastic school. The teachers are very sharp and care about their students. Communication is excellent and the PTA is very active. Everyone that I have met is welcoming and friendly. The kids are respectful and my kids have made great friends. I would highly recommend this school to parents interested in an overall solid education, competent teachers and principal and a friendly and safe environment.

My son started K at this school. It has been such a great experience. He has so many opportunities with at the school- including extra curricular activities; his K teacher really works with the parents to make sure they are going to succeed into 1st grade. The PTA is very involved in ensuring the environment is a safe, secure place to go.

I left another elementary school to attend Maple Grove and it was the best decision I could have made. The environment fosters learning, community responsibility and dedication to work. The teachers, especially 5th and 6th grade, are amazing and well qualified. I was so well prepared for The Manning School and I made so many great memories.

We have loved our daughter's experience at Maple Grove so far. It's an amazing community of students and families in a nice, safe, small school setting. The level of parent involvement is fantastic and the teachers are amazing. Our daughter hasn't gotten to the testing phase of schooling yet, so maybe I'll feel differently eventually, but I'm impressed with all she's learning and happy about the academics and social environment.

Maple Grove has historically been an ecellent school. The new principle has been here for two years. We have found him to be very much a politician. He is very smooth and will say what he feels will pacify you, but don't expect much to get implemented. He will attempt to talk circles around you so you really can't pin him down on anything. Follow through and communication is difficult with this Principle. The math program is terrible (this is district wide) and there is NO writing program of any kind. There are some fantastic and dedicated teachers here, but have heard rumblings that they are frustrated with the Principle are some are leaving because of it. I'm hoping the district can set things straight with this school befroe it falls apart.

Last modified Maple Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.