Posted September 26, 2014
Mitchell elementary school administration headed by the principal on the whole lack compassion, patience, reasonable discernment and sound judgment when dealing with dynamic and complicated parenting issues that expanded beyond parents' home to school, law enforcement, and other related organizations and programs. They show suspicious bias against a certain party and take on things personally. Their cold and bluntly rude and compassionless demeanors makes their education model like training young students into rule machines. Yikes!

Posted September 03, 2014
We have found Mitchell to be an excellent school. The Principal has a background in Social Justice and her leadership style is collaborative and accountable. Mitchell has a very active and inclusive PTA and the school is very unique in the variety of events including Math and Science night, Science and Social Studies Night, the Mitchell Miler, MultiCultural Night, SHINE Talent Show, and the Day of Giving Back. The teachers are great and have been very engaged with the unique learning needs of our kids. The school is very community focused and we have seen the Mayor of Golden at multiple school events each year. Enrichment activities ranging from running club to the garden club as well as the parent driven in-classroom environmental education program (ELF) really make the school top notch. We did our homework before enrolling our kids and confirmed that Mitchell is the BEST elementary school around!

Posted May 28, 2014
We moved to Golden middle of the school year and my daughter had to jump from preschool to kindergarten. In three short months I have seen her love of learning blossom. She barely read and wrote before Mitchell. She now reads everything, won't stop writing and is always up for math problems. Mrs. Middleton is really supportive and gave her all the help she needed.

Posted March 06, 2014
The school principal insulted me and directly diminished my credibility because I am not white. The principal accused me of aggression and called the police when I came to pick up my sons from school. My children are in this school because my x-husband refuses to change schools. The school tries so hard to put my sons special education classes because they happen to speak Arabic at home. the principal refuses to speak to me regarding my sons.

Posted October 27, 2013
I loved this school! I went here for seven years and it totally prepared me for was coming next! I loved all the principals and they were great!

Mitchell Elementary School 3

Posted September 12, 2013
Don't think you are going to receive anything other than average instruction here. Parent support is excellent but academic leadership is lacking. Communication between parents and teachers is abysmal. Don't expect quality education here.

Mitchell Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2012
Very bad experience - I advise you research the teachers' credentials, the school's policies, the true academic numbers for the school and make sure you are present at the school as much as possible and *KNOW* the classroom instruction, the classroom rules, and the teacher's knowledge and involvement on what is happening in their classroom. We were at Mitchell for one year, the 2011-2012 school year and will *happily and thankfully* paying the $8000/year tuition to send our child back to the private school she came from for the 2012-2013 school year. Academically is school leaves a lot to be desired - many other issues are at this school as well - just be present at random times at the school and know what is going on with your child and their classroom.

Mitchell Elementary School 4

Posted February 17, 2011
I am impressed with how fast my daughter has caught on to reading. Her teacher is very nice. I do get frustrated at times because I feel as though the class is all over the place. The instructions are not very clear and a lot of times we find out class events at the last minute. Also, the secretaries are always crabby, even to the parents! This is our 1st year here, so I am hoping next year will be a bit better.

Posted January 27, 2011
Great school! I have been looking for a school for my daughter and have observed in several classrooms and grade levels multiple times. The teachers are well prepared, direct, and have high expectations for their students. There are many para-educators who work with students individually and in small groups on math and literacy skills as well as the Lexia program. The school creates a culture of inclusion for all students reagardless of ability, gender, or race. **PS. to the posting about lice: Lice is not an academic problem and can come from neighborhood kids as well as children at school**

Posted September 24, 2010
Teachers do not care too much if kids are respectful or disrespectful Pushing, cutting in line, learning to be rude and disrespectful towards other students is what kids learn in this school. Well behaved kids have a hard time in this school because there is no control to reward good behavior and teach good behavior to those kids that unfortunately are aggressors from the day 1. I'm in the process of looking for another school.

Mitchell Elementary School
200 Rubey Dr, Golden, CO  80403
Last modified Mitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mitchell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top