Bad
Good

My kids moved to Ralston 2 years ago from another jeffco elementary that is rated 10/10. Ralston has been excellent and far better than the other school. My daughter has an IEP and an ALP and she is thriving in the smaller classes with personalized attention. The Teachers are wonderful! Very strong community feel. Couldn't be happier. There is an interim principle this year and I feel like there is lots of district support and leadership. I hope the interim principle stays, happy so far.

Ralston may be a great school for your child if they fit inside the box. If they have special needs and no IEP, they will not get the help they need (and even with an IEP it's questionable). They simply don't know how, nor have the resources. Poor leadership over the past few years has resulted in many families leaving the school. Unfortunately, district leadership has supported this poor leadership. There are a few good teachers at Ralston, and its unfortunate they have pushed so many families away (with and without with special needs.)

We have two children in Ralston and have been very pleased overall. We did a lot of research before deciding on a school. We chose Ralston based on its ratings on 4 different websites, and its overall educational scores. The final decision was made after we visited several other local schools and felt very comfortable and welcomed at Ralston. The only negative experience we've had is that a few of the teachers seem a little worn out. One teacher in particular almost caused us to leave the school, but the administration is so strong, so involved, and extremely vested in the educational aspect of the students that it made up for one or two teachers that miss the mark in the area of caring and sensitivity. The PTA is strong, and many of the parents stay closely involved. There is a slight air of superiority among some parental cliques, but if you're there for your child's education, and not your own social needs, then Ralston is the right choice. Overall we're very glad we found Ralston. We plan on keeping our children there until their natural attrition into middle school.

Mrs. Q, YOU are the best! along with all of your staff- My kids came from an affluent 'private school' and thank god I took them out & we found Ralston. It has made our transition so nice. My kids are doing very well & getting the extra attention they need for their special needs. Didn't get that in private school. See you next year! and after that and after that, etc. =)

I have two kids in Ralston, a 1st grader and a 3rd grader. They are doing very well there, and are clearly learning a lot. My 8 y.o. surprises us constantly with her rapidly increasing vocabulary and writing skills, and my 6y.o. is very happy and enjoys school. We experimented with another Denver school with a bilingual program and put them in it to have them learn Spanish, but it immediatly became clear that they were not concerned with quality education, only numbers of students, socialization, integration. We put them right back in Ralston and won't be taking them out again. The principal is wonderful, and ALL of the teachers are excellent.

Last modified Ralston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.