Golden, CO

Posted February 17, 2015
I am a parent of a 4th grader at Welchester. I am also a Welchester Alumni. It is amazing how many kids I went to school with that now have their children attending Welchester. I think it speaks to what a great school and great community Welchester is. My student has never had a complaint about the school. While each teacher has their own approach they are all patient and kind. This is our first year with our new Principal, Ms. Robinson, and she is absolutely OUTSTANDING!! She respects the kids, teachers, and parents. I really like that she does not speak down to students. She communicates respectfully and on their level. PTA does some amazing things for the school. A chili cook-off/silent auction in the fall, santa shop at the holidays, bookfairs, donut breakfasts for parents and grandparents twice a year, and an end of year carnival. PTA is successful at this school because there is a lot of parent involvement. I would strongly suggest Welchester to other families without a single hesitation. We LOVE it!!

Posted February 05, 2015
Welchester is a very good school with very nice and caring teachers. The PTA is wonderful and does a lot for the students.

Posted February 05, 2015
Welchester is a positive place to work with a strong sense of community. The students and staff care deeply and pride themselves on being hardworking and consistently using best practices.

Posted February 05, 2015
I am so thankful to have Welchester as my teaching home. I am continually amazed at how hard each person in our building works to ensure that our kids are being pushed to their potential. Over the last few years we have spent many hours focusing on differentiation, engagement strategies, higher level questioning, and math workshop. Focusing on what is best for students has always been our focus. I can honestly say, I work among the best teachers and staff in Jefferson County, our staff is very collaborative and we work hard to learn from each other and challenge each other to achieve our goals. There is a great sense of shared leadership in our building. As a team we strive to give every student in our building the best education possible.

Welchester Elementary School 4

Posted February 05, 2015
My son has been at this school for 3 years, my nephew for 6 and I have a younger sister who attended this school several years back. It is a wonderful school with some amazing teachers and Mrs Rosie in the office is beyond stellr with the children and the parents.

Posted September 26, 2013
Great School Fun activities and lots of good advice to parents. PTA does a lot for the kids

Welchester Elementary School 1

Posted February 11, 2013
This is a horrible school. The secretary (Bonnie) is rude to parents and mean to the students. The principal is even worse. I'm not sure how he got the position. Mr. Younger is not qualified to be the janitor let alone the principal. He's oblivious to the needs of the students. He lacks compassion and knowledge. Parents and teachers are frustrated with his ignorance and lack of leadership skills.

Posted October 25, 2008
As a parent of more than a few students at Welchester over almost a decade, I have seen a huge transformation at my neighborhood school. The new principal is in his second year and he has done more than the revolving door leadership that he inherited did in ten. The level of professionalism and absolute care of people is refreshing and wonderful. There is such attention to detail and focus on what matters most from him that has become a norm for that school. Also watching the new facility manager named Sally transform an otherwise lifeless grounds and complacent attitutde toward cleanliness has made me and my family fill with pride once again. All of the teachers are so filled with joy and enthusiasm. They know their stuff. The PTA is excellent and led by a firecracker of a lady who does more behind the scenes than folks know.

Welchester Elementary School

Posted January 24, 2008
Welchester Elementary is one of the best schools in Jefferson County. It is our home school and I now have a 5th grade student who is been challenged since the day she entered school. I now have another kindergarten at the school and would not send my child any place else. The staff, teachers and PTA are the BEST! They provide support for ALL students-gifted, in the middle and below--no one feels left out or in fault. The PTA is awesome and provides many extra programs and help that the school would otherwise not receive. Come by and visit-don't judge a book by its cover.Welchester is simply put the best!

Welchester Elementary School 1

Posted December 23, 2005
I am very disapointed in this school overall. While the teachers and staff are very nice, they do not seem to be able to provide the things my child needs. She is a very bright and articulate girl, and the teacher has allowed her to become very bored and complacent. She's only in kindergarten! As a former kindergarten teacher,I have asked several times for her to have more things to do, but the teacher has told us she has too many kids to teach 'the basics' to. The PTA has absolutley no money to help with any parties, and I have had to foot the bill for 2 parties so far. Again, while the staff is nice, niceness doesn't cut it when you're dealing with children's education. They only seem equipped to deal with the bare essentials of very basic education.

Welchester Elementary School
13000 West 10th Ave, Golden, CO  80401
Last modified Welchester Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Welchester Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top