Grand Junction, CO

Posted August 25, 2013
Both my kids went k-8 there it was a great and safe experience for them both!! Both of them seem to be ahead of may of the other kids when they went to 9th grade. well worth the money.

Posted January 21, 2012
We switched my daughter to this school in the second quarter of 2nd grade when we discovered she was a full year behind in public school, but because she was not at the bottom 5% of the class she was not getting extra help in public school. Holy Family has a reading specialist and it turned out my daughter was also way behind in math because Holy Family was teaching much more advanced math than the public schools in 2nd grade. Within a year my daughter caught up to her classmates, I credit the excellent teachers and their reading specialist for this. Holy Family consistently scores within the top 25% of catholic schools nationally on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills, this past year the 8th graders tested on average as high as 12th graders nationally. Even with the charter schools that are popping up all over I believe this school provides the best education in grand junction. My son is now in kindergarten at Holy Family and I volunteer in the classroom for his class as I did for my daughter in public school, the difference in the expected and achieved behavior and academics at Holy Family compared to public school is incredible.

Posted March 09, 2008

Posted June 10, 2007

Holy Family Catholic School 4

Posted August 05, 2005
HFCS is a very good school. It's students average 1 1/2 grades above national average on standardized tests, and this average increases with student years at HFCS. Electives and extra-curricular opprotunities are good for primary and middle schools: art language, band and orchestra, Spanish, plus the normal list of sports. Classes are small and their are opportunities for special attention. Literature, language arts, and social studies stand out. Grades are inflated and promotion is too easy.

Holy Family Catholic School
786 26 1/2 Road, Grand Junction, CO  81506
Last modified Holy Family Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Family Catholic School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top