Grand Junction, CO

Posted February 27, 2012
I have three children attending L.A. this year. It was the best decision we've made thus far with their education. Our sons were accepted into their K4 program and our daughter into the 2nd grade. Although all very intelligent children, L.A. has helped instill discipline, respect and manners that we found goes to the wayside in the public school setting. The classes are very small, therefore each child receives special attention. Our daughter who was in a public elementary school was more worried about what her friends were wearing and how they styled their hair. The uniform policy at this school remedied this and she is on the Principal's honor roll for the 2nd time.Our 4 year old boys are reading at a 3rd grade level. The Principal is now Mrs. Redding, whom I have also learned from because she gives solid advice in disciplining children. This school may be considered strict for some, but it is exactly what we need for our family. We look forward to many more years at L.A.

Life Academy 1

Posted July 30, 2009
My son attended for 3 years. Middle school was wonderful! Loved the teachers. High school was a JOKE! Complete lack of supervision! In fact there were times that I worried about my sons safety because of the projets the staff would have him do and no one would supervise him. Academically the high school program is worthless. They are far behind where they should be, offer the kids no study skills or accountability. I would never recommend this school to anyone!

Posted March 05, 2009
This preschool is by far the best in the grand valley

Life Academy 4

Posted May 17, 2008
no other school in the valley would accept my son into preschool at four years old but they did and the teacher is awesome. we have had concerns and they made special arrangements for one child. for example, my son no longer takes naps and she put him out of the way of the others and kept him awake. if you have a problem you can talk to someone and the problem is usually taken care of immediately. pastor west is the principal and in very understanding and helpful. he relates to people well. they do what they promise. my son can read beginner books which is what is they tell you they'll teach them by the time the school year is over. i'm very happy with this school.

Posted May 15, 2008
I love this school sooo much better than public school! its really a great enviroment and the people are super friendly!

Posted July 03, 2007
I think that elementry is an awsome program on the other hand I think that the leadership in the school is definatly lacking. I would rather send my child to public school than send my child there to high school. they said that there are supposed to be changes in the highschool this coming year but I think that it was a joke. And I think that it steams from the leadership or the lack there of

Life Academy 4

Posted March 08, 2005

Posted February 19, 2005
Agassi fell through the cracks in District 51 public schools! His enrollment at L.A. is the best decision we, as parents, could ever make. He now excels, enjoys learning, and is exposed to goal focused students and teachers. He is far from perfect, but is becoming more responsible, educated, and interested in HIS participation in society as an adult. We look forward to our daughter attending Life Academy, but feel there are fewer athletic activities for her. Unfortunatley, we seek other avenues to fill her athletic voids, as we currently do for our son. We're thankful that facilities such as Life Academy exsist, otherwise, our children would possibly be part of the mass produced 'burger-flippers' created by public education. Thank the Lord we came to our senses, had the resources, and rescued them in time! Blessings to all-Mr. & Mrs. Michael

Posted July 18, 2004
- a former student
it is a very fine school if you like your child in a small inviorment

Life Academy