Public charter
Grand Junction, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted November 07, 2014
I love this school! The education my kids are getting is adapted to their own personal abilities (not the least common denominator). I really like that the kids are expected to be personally responsible and respectful to everyone. I will continue to send my kids to Caprock because it is a great place.

Posted November 06, 2014
Despite some of the bad press Caprock received, the school is amazing. My children have never (in 8 years of school at Caprock), said that they were bored at school. The teachers engage the students and the curriculum is fascinating. My eldest daughter is a very gifted student and she is taught at her level (she is in Algebra 1 in 7th grade). Music and art are an integral part of the curriculum and so is P.E. and recess. There is no cafeteria, but I don't mind making my kids lunch, especially after seeing the junk they serve at the other local schools. The sports program is young, but very energetic. Parents are required to volunteer, which allows us to get to know both the teachers, administration and the other students. It is okay to be a nerd at Caprock, and it is such a loving and supportive environment. Is the school perfect? No, of course not. Kids with learning disabilities will probably struggle. Politically, the parents are very conservative (we are not) but they are also very kind. We just avoid political and religious discussions. And yes, there has been some teacher turnover the last few years. But the replacement teachers have been top notch. 5 stars!

Posted November 03, 2014
This is our 7th year at caprock Academy, and we couldn't be happier. In our 7 years, we have seen much growth and development, both on the part of our children, and the school itself. In those 7 years, we have NOT ONCE had an occasion where administration was unavailable, uncaring, or inadequate in their response to any issue we have approached them with. Staff, on all levels, have always been available for questions, quick to respond, and professional in doing so. To watch our children write essays, complete projects, and use vocabulary that far surpasses anything we have seen or heard from district high school students has been phenomenal. Caprock is not for everyone. Caprock IS for those parents who want to be involved with their children's education, want their children to be challenged on every level, want a head start on preparation for college work, and want their children to play a large role in helping their community and becoming outstanding citizens as they grow into adults. We have never had too much homework. We have never felt that the school was too regimented. We have never had a time where we felt we were not "heard". We are extremely proud to recommend Caprock.

Posted October 31, 2014
I have two children at Caprock and this is our 3rd year. We absolutely love this school!!!! It has been the best choice, BY FAR, for our children's education. They are geared toward education, and have a regimented routine that I think kids need! They study Spanish and Latin and an early age, which has benefited them greatly. The class sizes get smaller and smaller as the kids get older, especially in the high school program. This enables them to have a more intimate and one on one learning experience. The normal distractions that happen in public schools, don't happen here. In my opinion, wearing uniforms is one of the many pluses to attending Caprock Academy. This may not be the best fit for everyone, and parents need to be on board with this type of learning, in order that your kids be more successful. Parent involvement is a must - not just a suggestion. Kids have a say-so in their education, and it is up to them!!!

Posted October 31, 2014
This school is helping my kids reach far beyond what I ever thought possible. The uniforms are great! No clicks or drama about clothing. Love the Riggs spelling!!! No only are my two girls great spellers but I am finally learning all the rules:) Amazing parent involvement!!! LOVE THIS SCHOOL

Posted October 27, 2014
Caprock is in my opinion the absolute best school in Grand Junction! We have 2 middle school students in caprock and they love school, they are excelling in their classes, are excited about their own educations and futures. The teachers and staff are so wonderful to work with. We can't have asked for a better experience! We are so greatful for the privledge to be a part if this awesome community...the Caprock community!!

Posted October 25, 2014
I have 2 children at Caprock. One on his 5th year. Is Caprock for everyone? No. For our family, yes. The difference in my son's vocabulary was huge right away. Since then the art that my son recognizes, the subjects they discuss, books they read. It's a quality education. I don't love all the teachers, but I feel they are qualified and my children have always been more than happy with them. The rules are written for all to read, actually you sign off every year that you've read them. They aren't that difficult to follow. I believe it's a great place for my children. They are doing great and I feel they are learning at an accelerated rate.

Posted October 25, 2014
The mission of Caprock is to help all students achieve their highest academic and character potential using proven, accelerated academic programs, while providing a safe environment. For our two children this mission has been accomplished thus far. We love that much of the drama of public education is eliminated because of uniforms and the rigors of the academics. No time for drama when you're busy learning! And we love that caring community involvement is highly encouraged and taught. Our children feel very safe here and are excited about all the amazing things they are learning in art, music, history, and Latin. Spanish begins in 3rd grade and our son is enjoying that as well. Caprock is not for every kid or family, but for our family, we can say, "mission accomplished" and keep it up. We are thankful we have this option for our children!

Posted October 24, 2014
Caprock Academy has drastically improved my son's educational experience. He started in a public school where was terribly bored and there was very little structure in the classroom. We chose to move him to Caprock and he has flourished. They approach math and literacy at ability level offering 3-4 different classes for each grade level. This allows each student to learn at a rate that keeps them interested and makes them feel successful. I volunteer in the classroom and find it amazing how respectful and eager to learn the students are. They also have PE everyday as well as either Music or Art making a well rounded education for their students. I feel so fortunate to have my son there and my younger son will be starting next fall.

Posted October 23, 2014
My daughter has a learning disability. My husband and I felt that the public school atmosphere hindered her advancement. After we chose to transfer her to Caprock, she has moved steadily towards the goal of catching up with her peers. It is wonderful to see her blossom and show a much higher self esteem level than we ever thought possible. She loves her school!

Caprock Academy
714 24 1/2 Rd, Grand Junction, CO  81505
Last modified Caprock Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Caprock Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top