Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Caprock is a Great Charter School. This is our 2nd year here at Caprock. I love the ability groups for literacy and math. My kids have learned so much in the last year and a quarter. I love that there is no early release and that Teachers teach during Parent Teacher Conference times and don't close the school down for it. I like the Mon thru Thursday weeks and early hours make childcare much easier. We can drop kids off at 7:15am which is great! My daughter was reading in kindergarten and is now excelling in 1st grade. My 5th grader is writing essays and I am so thankful for this school. The only sad part is there is no hot breakfast or lunch program and not much playground equipment.

We have been at Caprock for two years now and love it! The strict academic standards are helping us to raise children with the ability to set and achieve their goals, while becoming disciplined and dedicated learners. The strict dress code also minimizes distractions and keeps our morning routine simple. We love the teachers, the aids, and the staff who are all very dedicated to providing the best possible learning environment for the students. To anyone considering Caprock, I urge you to talk to those who have kids there, sit in on a class, ask questions. It has been a great fit for me, my husband and our growing family!

I am really amazed how parents think it is more important the uniform that your kid is wearing than how your kid feels in this school. I am a parent and my daughter is in 1st. grade and we are done with Caprock. This school treats your kid like military they are so scared to ask to tell something because they never let them talk everything have to be like they say. When they talk in class they have to do laps in the playground, or they have to be standing at the door while others kids do fun stuff. there is more things that I would like to share with other parents but I would never finish writing. I have to be honest and say that the curriculum is really good and kids learn a lot but there is no reason to treat the kids so bad. I think they would learn so much more if they just let them be kids and don't make them feel so scared of everything. My daughter always says that her teacher is really mean. I don't like this school but I respect others parents opinion.

We are coming to the end of our son's first year at Caprock Academy and are thrilled with this school and look forward to both of our children attending next year. The teachers, staff and administration have been great to work with and our son feels challenged in this environment. As parents we appreciate the dress code and the focus on character and citizenship. Overall, the school encourages the students to focus on improving themselves and the surrounding community, which is a win-win for all involved!

We just moved to the Valley and enrolled our eldest child at Caprock for the 2014-15 school year. Coming from the traditional public school environment, he adapted quickly to comfortable (polo shirt and shorts/khakis) uniform. New to us and our son was teaching some courses using a Socratic method, which encourages automatic participation amongst all of the students in an orderly fashion, developing a deeper understanding of the concepts being discussed and teaching excellent communication skills from the outset. The school is funded based on the number of student enrolled, so as more parents enroll their children here, the more funding will be available to enhance the campus. The teachers our son has studied under have been excellent. Administration is top-notch. Great attitude towards volunteering at the school and giving back to the community amongst parents, teachers, staff and students.

I love Caprock. The uniforms are great because other students dont bully me and other students who don't have the nice clothes. Also the teachers are amazing and none of them are harsh just some of the students who don't do their work will feel that way because the teachers get upset. Caprock teaches you that you are responsible for your own actions and that you will have to fix them it also teaches you about citizenshi, leadership, and character.

This is our 7th year at Caprock Academy. It has been a great fit for our children and we love this school. We specifically sought out a school that holds to a uniform dress code because we wanted our children to be in an environment focused on learning rather than one focused on what everyone is or isn t wearing. Caprock does a nice job meeting the education needs of its students. The ability grouping (for math and literacy) allows children to be taught and challenged at the level that will allow them to grow. One of our children is a high achiever and is ability grouped at the higher level. Our other child is ability grouped in a math class lower than his grade level and we have seen great improvement. What I especially love about Caprock is their no tolerance for bullying and disrespectful behavior. This allows the children to be themselves and thrive. We have always found the Caprock Adminstration to be attentive, responsive and professional. We have found our teachers to be engaged, available and willing to go above and beyond to help our children grow and learn. This makes a huge difference in a school!

I love this school! The education my kids are getting is adapted to their own personal abilities (not the least common denominator). I really like that the kids are expected to be personally responsible and respectful to everyone. I will continue to send my kids to Caprock because it is a great place.

Despite some of the bad press Caprock received, the school is amazing. My children have never (in 8 years of school at Caprock), said that they were bored at school. The teachers engage the students and the curriculum is fascinating. My eldest daughter is a very gifted student and she is taught at her level (she is in Algebra 1 in 7th grade). Music and art are an integral part of the curriculum and so is P.E. and recess. There is no cafeteria, but I don't mind making my kids lunch, especially after seeing the junk they serve at the other local schools. The sports program is young, but very energetic. Parents are required to volunteer, which allows us to get to know both the teachers, administration and the other students. It is okay to be a nerd at Caprock, and it is such a loving and supportive environment. Is the school perfect? No, of course not. Kids with learning disabilities will probably struggle. Politically, the parents are very conservative (we are not) but they are also very kind. We just avoid political and religious discussions. And yes, there has been some teacher turnover the last few years. But the replacement teachers have been top notch. 5 stars!

This is our 7th year at caprock Academy, and we couldn't be happier. In our 7 years, we have seen much growth and development, both on the part of our children, and the school itself. In those 7 years, we have NOT ONCE had an occasion where administration was unavailable, uncaring, or inadequate in their response to any issue we have approached them with. Staff, on all levels, have always been available for questions, quick to respond, and professional in doing so. To watch our children write essays, complete projects, and use vocabulary that far surpasses anything we have seen or heard from district high school students has been phenomenal. Caprock is not for everyone. Caprock IS for those parents who want to be involved with their children's education, want their children to be challenged on every level, want a head start on preparation for college work, and want their children to play a large role in helping their community and becoming outstanding citizens as they grow into adults. We have never had too much homework. We have never felt that the school was too regimented. We have never had a time where we felt we were not "heard". We are extremely proud to recommend Caprock.

Last modified Caprock Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.