Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I feel everything there is great. One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.

I had my kids in Chatfieldl for one school year, and sadly is not a good school. This school has some good teachers and a lot bad teachers. they know they have bad scores but will do nothing to improve or at least try to do better. The principal seems and shows to not care either, Some of the Teachers who had been there for longer than the principal are the ones who rule the school. The school does not really have a PTA (PTO) so there's not a lot of parent involvement. Their special class teachers such as the music teacher does not even teach the art of music by playing piano and teach them to sing. The kids just watch videos and play freeze games.(I had never seen that in other schools) Their discipline system is very dysfunctional. I also notice that if you have a child with special needs, This school could work for you and your child. I notice that the special learning teachers will really try to help out those kids. The school could do so much better and have way better scores if only the principal could do her job and could care. but sadly she does not. Chatfield is very close from where I live, but I rather drive my kids across town to a better school.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the entire staff's (from the music teacher to the principal) involvement in my gifted childrens' education! They've gone above and beyond to meet my childrens' needs in every aspect and challenge them daily. They have done an exceptional job of keeping me informed on every aspect of their education and have always been available to answer my many questions. Excellent staff!

This school is great. It helps kids with special needs a lot and caters to the needs of every child. They make sure every child suceeds! Since we moved, I haven't found a school like this.

This is my sons first year at Chatfield. So I don't know a lot about it but my son has been learning alot this year and he realy likes his teacher Mrs. Tooker. He has lots of fun sending her letters just about every day. The office people are great and they ask you to be part of the school not ask you to stay away like the school we came from.

Last modified Chatfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.