Chatfield Elementary School 2

Posted May 22, 2014
I had my kids in Chatfieldl for one school year, and sadly is not a good school. This school has some good teachers and a lot bad teachers. they know they have bad scores but will do nothing to improve or at least try to do better. The principal seems and shows to not care either, Some of the Teachers who had been there for longer than the principal are the ones who rule the school. The school does not really have a PTA (PTO) so there's not a lot of parent involvement. Their special class teachers such as the music teacher does not even teach the art of music by playing piano and teach them to sing. The kids just watch videos and play freeze games.(I had never seen that in other schools) Their discipline system is very dysfunctional. I also notice that if you have a child with special needs, This school could work for you and your child. I notice that the special learning teachers will really try to help out those kids. The school could do so much better and have way better scores if only the principal could do her job and could care. but sadly she does not. Chatfield is very close from where I live, but I rather drive my kids across town to a better school.

Chatfield Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
I have been pleasantly surprised by the entire staff's (from the music teacher to the principal) involvement in my gifted childrens' education! They've gone above and beyond to meet my childrens' needs in every aspect and challenge them daily. They have done an exceptional job of keeping me informed on every aspect of their education and have always been available to answer my many questions. Excellent staff!

Posted July 23, 2012
This school is great. It helps kids with special needs a lot and caters to the needs of every child. They make sure every child suceeds! Since we moved, I haven't found a school like this.

Chatfield Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2009

Chatfield Elementary School 3

Posted December 09, 2007
This is my sons first year at Chatfield. So I don't know a lot about it but my son has been learning alot this year and he realy likes his teacher Mrs. Tooker. He has lots of fun sending her letters just about every day. The office people are great and they ask you to be part of the school not ask you to stay away like the school we came from.

Chatfield Elementary School 3

Posted April 28, 2006
Teacchers are great and the kids are learning fine

Posted December 02, 2005
I had 2 children that went to this school for almost 3 years and then we moved out of district, i have not found a school yet that helps with my childrens special needs nor listens to the parental concerns and tries to help as best as possible as chatfield elementary does. They have great athletic programs for the children, a lot of activities after school for parents and students, many music programs which parents are asked to come and see, and their special education programs are what i would rate one of the best that i have found in the valley. The teachers communicate with parents about any concerns and are willing to help any parent as needed.

Chatfield Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2005
This is only the first year for my child to go to this school, and so far I am very pleased. The teachers have really put in a lot of thought and effort to personalize each child with their learning abilities. The school really make an effort to envolve all families in various activites such as move night each month sponsored by each grade. I look forward to the next years my children will be attending this school.

Posted September 13, 2004
It cares for its pupils,and goes that 'extra' yard to help. The staff are extremely great and helpful in every respect.That alone speaks highly for the Principal,and right on down the chain. I can only speak for this school alone,but with my child in the fourth grade now, and going there for the past three years, I have never,ever had a complaint of the school or of its teachers on up.Great schhol..great staff.

Posted October 21, 2003
I think Chatfield is an awesome school & I am very sad that we will be leaving the school district. My daughter has recieved nothing but the best...she is in the gifted & talented program & she has been dealing with the GT teachers since she was in Kindergarten. I only hope the next school my daughter goes to displays such a high priority for their students as Chatfield as done with theirs.

Chatfield Elementary School
3188 D1/2 Rd, Grand Junction, CO  81504
Last modified Chatfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chatfield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top