Grand Junction, CO

Posted May 25, 2010
This school is one of the best school in the valley and it shows by their leader the principal. Denise Hoctor!! She and the teachers go out there way to make sure every kid has a fighting chance to learn.

Posted September 11, 2008

Orchard Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted May 02, 2008
Most current intstructional practices. Exceptional principal, teachers and staff.

Posted January 17, 2008
My daughter started Kindergarten at Orchard Avenue this year and I can't say enough about what a wonderful, positive experience it has been for her. Denise Hoctor is a very involved principal and really cares about her school, faculty and students. My husband and I have been very impressed with our daughter's K teacher as she really keeps up on the progress of each student. Parents are encouraged to get involved . Another plus is the Extended Hours programs that are available to Orchard Avenue students, especially the Kindergarten Enrichment. I was so thankful to find this program as it makes up for not offering a full-day K option. My daughter loves going to school each day and we hope her love for education continues. We feel she has a great start at Orchard Avenue.

Posted July 03, 2007
I absolutely this school! My daughter went to this school as a school of choice student from first grade on up. These teachers have been amazing and are always finding new ways to challenge the students and help them be the best learners they can be. My daughter even had two autistic children in her class who were thriving in the regular classroom! They encourage parents to spend time in the class and I have had lots of opportunity to be involved. I can't say enough about the principal, Denise Hoctor!! She is involved with the children and pops in and out of the classrooms throughout the day. There are great after school programs here and different ways for the kids to play a part in their school community. This school has really impressed me and my daughter has felt at home here. I wish she didn't have to grow up!

Orchard Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2005
I Love this school. When we moved here, my daughter was having trouble reading and now she is up to speed with her class and loves the school. Her teachers have been great and are always willing to help or to answer any question she or myself have at any time. It is great!

Orchard Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted March 04, 2005

Posted February 08, 2005
I LOVE this school! I have two very bright, decently behaved children who have problems staying focused in class. Their teachers and Denise Hoctor, the principal, have gone out of their way to help them become better learners. It was suggested that one of my kiddos be tested for ADD. I was terrified! I don't believe in medicating children for this disorder. Mrs. Hoctor assured me that the test was to gain insight and develop teaching strategies for my child. She takes time out of her day to teach my child time management skills and producing quality work. Tutoring programs have been established for those who need them. Their Music & P.E. Programs are fabulous! After school activities are offered on Mondays. Like every parent, I want the best for my kids. It doesn't get much better than this.

Orchard Avenue Elementary School
1800 Orchard Ave, Grand Junction, CO  81501
Last modified Orchard Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard Avenue Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top