Grand Junction, CO

Posted October 06, 2013
Im an 8th grader at this school and this is the best school(in my opinion) in GJ. Mr. Swanson is the best band teacher ever and Mr. Bavor is the best math teacher. I would definitely recommend the school to others because the teacher help with your homework you can come in at 12 after school or before school if you need extra help and teachers actually care about you they don't just get another student.

Posted May 21, 2013
Pretty good over all. Most teachers are really helpful and know what they're doing. The problem, however, isn't the teachers or the teaching. Its more of the students and the lack of discipline. There were quite a few bullies. I got in trouble once for being late for school while other kids did drugs next store in the park.

Posted February 07, 2012
I went to seventh and eighth grade at this school, and am now in the tenth. I used to go to Mount Garfield Middle School, and I didn't want to go to the school at first, but as I got to know everyone, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I was in band, and Mr. Swanson was THE BEST band teacher ever. The teachers are wonderful, and it was a great experience. Wonderful school! I definitely recommend it!

Posted April 10, 2008

Posted October 18, 2007
I have gone to this school for 3 years now (I am an 8th grader) and I have realized good things and back. But, all schools have their ups and downs. The teachers are so awesome. They want to help you, and they listen. If you have a problem (like grade issues) they might wait for you to notice the problem, or they will come to you! There is a thing called parentbridge. I know it has gotten me through good times and bad. You can check your test scores (even though most teachers had back papers) so you know if you need/want to re-take it. I would say the school needs more protection. We have been vandalized many times. I say, it's time to stop that. But that's just me. Overall, it's just a really get school.

Posted September 19, 2006
My daughter just started her first year at this school. So far so good. I have met the teachers and they all seem nice and want to help. They have a system in our district called the parent bridge- were you can see your childs tests scores, class scores, lunch menus and participation, the best part is you can directly email questions to the teachers concerning your child, at that minute, instead of wafting for a conference and forgetting by then or rehashing something that is several months old. The teachers have emailed me back very promptly and have been extremely helpful. So far- this school is way more helpful and concerned about my childs education than her elementary school was.

Posted July 20, 2005

Posted April 03, 2005
It isn't the best looking school, but the teachers like their jobs and know what they are talking about.

Orchard Mesa Middle School
2736 C Rd, Grand Junction, CO  81503
Last modified Orchard Mesa Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard Mesa Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top