No rating

Mountain View Academy

Private | PK-8

Living in Greeley

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $159,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Posted April 13, 2010

Great school! It is everything they say....however, they can't do it alone. If your a disconnected parent who thinks the school should solve your child's behavior problems...well then MVA probably isn't for you.

Posted February 10, 2009

I have seen the huge difference in coming to this school as a parent from public education. The kids achieve a wonderful self esteem boost in such a short time. The teacher's work over time, using their lunch hour to help a child to get caught up. That makes such a wonderful difference in all of our lives. To have a happy child come home and tell you they have great friends, explain what they have learned for the day, drive by streets signs and be proud to read them out loud! What a great school this is. The administration is always willing to work with you. All you have to do is ask. We love MVA!!!

Posted February 10, 2009

As I see other kids addicted to the t.v., internet, and their playstations, my child will not put down a book. MVA is child centered and has taught my child to love reading, learning, and knowledge. Thank you, MVA, for making a difference in my child's life.

Posted December 27, 2008

We knew we wanted our children to go to MVA before we moved to Greeley from Amarillo Texas. We have been happy with every teacher our children have had. It is like a family instead of a school. I have never felt that my children we in an unsafe place or that our family was no highly valued.

Posted November 12, 2008

Mountain View Academy is the greatest thing that ever happened to my two children. The staff and teachers showed understanding and flexibility while working with the kids during the time of their parents' ugly divorce. They are shining academically. BTW, I don't understand some of the comments about the school being unsafe. I know through unimpeachable sources that MVA is seen as a model of security and safety within the education community, as well as by law enforcement. They have audio and video monitoring with locked entry doors. How much safer could it be? I don't worry at all about my kids' safety at Mountain View. EME, an MVA parent for 2-1/2 years now

Posted November 11, 2008

MVA is a treasure. Our son was very bored at another school, and his pediatrician recommended MVA. Now 6 years later, we couldn t be happier with this school. Our son loves school and his teachers; his grades and test scores are very high, thanks to an outstanding MVA education. I discovered this site today, and was surprised that MVA s rating was not 5 stars. Then I read the ratings, ending with tears in my eyes. A small group of disgruntled parents' words paint a picture of a failing, uncaring school, while nothing could be further from the truth. Possibly MVA isn't for everyone. The documented results show it best: Regardless of aptitude, well behaved students with a strong desire to learn and strong support from home, always excel at MVA. Teachers and staff are devoted, skilled and compassionate, and I can t imagine a better learning environment. MP, MVA mom/aunt

Posted August 12, 2008

Nothing is perfect but MVA comes awfully close. Committed faculty, an excellent facility, small classes and high parental involvement with good communication make it an outstanding place to send a child.

Posted May 2, 2008

I find it interesting that parents can spend 4-5 years sending their student to this 'great' school only to leave with a bitter taste in their mouth. Up until this year I would have recommended this school to any parent with a child going to public school. Now I would not say the same thing. I wish I could! Can t! Up until this year I would have given the school a 4 out of 5 rating now I m hard pressed to give them 3 out 5. They really need to have staff training on FERPA laws and to keep privet information privet.

Posted June 11, 2007

This is an excellent school. It is not a school for everyone. It is for those children with a good work ethic, no behavior problems, and a desire to learn. We appreciate their stance on discipline, academics, and leadership style.

Posted May 21, 2007

Most schools in Greeley are failing, some are average, but only one school in Northern Colorado has earned an excellent score from the government with its NCLB National Blue Ribbon Award in 2003. That school is Mountain View Academy. Yes, do the research, and you will find the same results as the government. A school of excellence! Our grandchildren are thriving at this school, and for that we are forever grateful.

Posted May 12, 2007

Great school! The best we've found in Greeley. We especially like the security of the school, the effective teaching, and the small class sizes.

Posted April 23, 2007

This is a wonderful little school with a big heart and huge academic results.

Posted April 23, 2007

I am a teacher and a parent at MVA. From a teacher's point of view, I see the learning that takes place, and it is exciting to see students take ownership of their education. It thrills me to hear 10 year olds discuss in the hallways what college they will attend. From a parental point of view, I appreciate the safe environment, small class sizes, effective curriculum, and a strong administration. Nothing beats having your children choose reading a novel versus watching TV or playing computer games. When my own children come up to me and say, 'Can we read just one more chapter before bed?'... Well, that just says it all!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 25, 2007

I was a student at Mountain View Academy, and I recently moved to a public school in Fort Collins for 8th grade. The new school is such a joke in my education. Everything they are 'teaching,' I have already learned twice over at MVA. MVA has a fantasic PE, music, art, and educational program. The teachers specialize in me and my individual needs. It was a safe, caring, fun environment. I don't regret my 6 years there at all! It is a wonderful place to send your child to get a well-rounded education! -Kate V.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 24, 2007

After 7 years invested in this school we were forced to remove our child. The administrators refused to deal with bullies that harassed our child even after numerous requests to do so. They refused even to meet to discuss the problem. We were made to feel that we were the problem and that this had never happened before. Bullying is a major issue in schools today and this school has no idea how to deal with the problem other than to pretend it doesn't exist. Our child is now in therapy, out of school and the bullies remain there to prey on others, knowing that there is no consequence for their actions. Beware, all is not as it appears on the surface.

Posted February 27, 2007

We were led to believe that this was the only school in the Greeley area that could teach our child in a way to where she would excel over her piers at other schools. This was true until we had a question about the behavior of a child in one of the classrooms. Basically our questions were inappropriate and we were forced to look elsewhere. This was a blessing in disguise! We looked at a number of other private and charter schools and had our daughter tested (using the same exam that MVA uses). We found our daughter to be behind in a few areas. So basically you will pay a lot of money for an average education. Far from what we were told when we started at the school. Do your research before committing the large financial resources required to send your kids to Mountain View Academy.

Posted February 22, 2007

I would recommend you research the school and talk to other parents about their experiences. The administrator will paint a beautiful picture for you in the beginning. I would highly recommend you have your child tested at an unbiased school so you know exactly where your child is before attending this school. My child tested 1-3 grade levels above her current grade, but when we moved to another school, she is average. This school charges a high price for average. Safety is not an issue the school would like you concerned with, so be careful when offering a suggestion, raising a concern or voicing an opinion.

Posted February 15, 2007

Please do your research before you send your child there! We have found several schools that met our kids with a better curriculum and at 1/2 the cost. The school is small which is nice and it seemed to be a friendly environment for our kids but after 5 years of our children going there we were disappointed by the test results we got from a different school. So we pulled our kids to give them a better and a more challenging curriculum!

Posted February 13, 2007

I can not say enough good things about Mountain View Academy. Both of my children attended MVA through middle school. My son is currently in an advanced academic program at his high school and my daughter is attending a top tiered college on an academic scholarship. I have Mountain View to thank for both of these things. The standards set forth by the teachers and administrators are high and they hold students accountable. Something that many other schools and even parents do not do. I found the administration to be very supportive and concerned about the entire child not just test scores. This is a fantastic school and anyone interested in a school in Greeley should go check out the school for yourself.

Posted February 9, 2007

We used to attend MVA.I thought at the time that it was the best things we could do for our kids.We later found this not to be true. The fact of the matter is that when we had problems they were very hard to get taken care of and we were made to fell as if the problems that were occurring were our fault they at MVA have a problem putting blame where it should be placed.We no longer attend this school due to many and I mean Many reasons.think twice before choosing MVA. Be carful they are not all they claim to be.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian 1% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 3%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab