Greeley, CO

Maplewood Elementary School 5

Posted March 18, 2014
My School is Maplewood, my son and I moved back to Greeley just to go to this school again. My son does so well with the programs offered and love the teachers and all. I have actually been looking specifically in the school district area when we moved back so he could attend such a student success based school! I don't want him going anywhere else!!!!

Maplewood Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2013
This is an awful school. The principal is only interested in test scores and being addressed as "Dr." My daughter has attended Maplewood for two years. Thankfully, we are moving to another district. My daughter, who used to love books, has decided that reading is punishment, thanks to the school's soul-crushing "Ashlock" literacy program. Maplewood wants robotic children. I gave it 2 stars because some of the teachers are secretly trying to actually teach despite being ordered to follow scripted reading and math programs. Don't expect any support of the arts at Maplewood. Don't expect special time in the classroom, like Christmas parties. In fact, don't expect children to be treated like children. The principal sees them as data points on test results.

Maplewood Elementary School
1201 21st Ave, Greeley, CO  80631
Last modified Maplewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maplewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top