Bad
Good

Maplewood Elementary School 5

Posted March 18, 2014
My School is Maplewood, my son and I moved back to Greeley just to go to this school again. My son does so well with the programs offered and love the teachers and all. I have actually been looking specifically in the school district area when we moved back so he could attend such a student success based school! I don't want him going anywhere else!!!!

Maplewood Elementary School 1

Posted November 04, 2013
Find another school such as a charter school.. Because this school is a poor performer an alternative school has to be offered with transportation free of charge. My children attended this school for 2 1/ 2 years. They were constantly bullied to the point of physical assault and public humilation. I was constantly in touch with the Vice Principle who did not do anything about it until the principle got wind of the problem. That being said he called me a bad mother in front of my child because of chroniic absenteeism before even asking why they were absent as much as they were. The "Nurse" never seemed to ever read a temperature on my children when once I took my daughters right before walking into school at it was 102.3, the health aid got 98.7 and deemed my child healthy enough to be at school. I am a REAL nurse and can decide if my child should be there or not. My children were absent a lot out of fear of attending that school and crying uncontrollably at the thought of having to be there for the day. They do have a few awesome teachers trying to teach within the parameters given. Avoid this school if you can. We moved out of state and are very happy now.

Maplewood Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2013
This is an awful school. The principal is only interested in test scores and being addressed as "Dr." My daughter has attended Maplewood for two years. Thankfully, we are moving to another district. My daughter, who used to love books, has decided that reading is punishment, thanks to the school's soul-crushing "Ashlock" literacy program. Maplewood wants robotic children. I gave it 2 stars because some of the teachers are secretly trying to actually teach despite being ordered to follow scripted reading and math programs. Don't expect any support of the arts at Maplewood. Don't expect special time in the classroom, like Christmas parties. In fact, don't expect children to be treated like children. The principal sees them as data points on test results.

Maplewood Elementary School
1201 21st Avenue, Greeley, CO  80631
Last modified Maplewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maplewood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top