Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The teachers at Brentwood work very hard to not only teach high quality lessons , but also develop leadership skills and positive relationships with students.

My daughter has gone to school at a charter school in Loveland, CO, then was homeschooled while we lived in Florida. After we moved back to CO, we choose to live in Greeley. I was very concerned about putting my daughter in a regular public school after spending her school career in a charter and being homeschooled. I was VERY wrong to be concerned!! Brentwood has been the best thing to happen to my 8th grade daughter. Brentwood offers everything that a parent could ever hope for: excellent teachers who truly care about the students, a principal and assistant principal who are extremely helpful, incredible band and choir teachers and programs, and so much more. I was blown away with the band concert. I was expecting sounds that come out of a cat in pain (because these kids were beginning and in middle school), but those teachers got their students to sound almost professional! Also, my daughter has been able to participate in an acting competition and has been taken on several field trips. My philosophy is that children learn best, NOT by sitting in a chair and being lectured to, but by experiencing all of their learning. WOW, does Brentwood live up to my philosophy! Thank you to all at Brentwood! You have made a very nervous mother feel that her daughter is, not only safe, but given a rigorous curriculum that is interesting and taught by caring teachers.

I have had the opportunity to put all of my children through Brentwood Middle School and it is a decision that I have never once regretted. The staff and administration care so much about the welfare of their students and their families which has not always been the case. The climate and culture of this school centers around rigor and relationships, which is something that every school needs. Not every school is perfect and parents who have posted negative comments about Brentwood based on a single visit are clearly not getting the bigger picture. I am and will always be a proud supporter of Brentwood Middle School.

I visited Brentwood and it was awful. The children were disrespectful and out of control. And with good reason! Half the 6th grade teachers I witnessed didn't even pay attention to the classes. In 3 classes I myself learned nothing. Fights. Gang activity. The students running the classrooms.......so sad.

The teachers and staff are extremely committed to the students. The school underwent a massive turnover in administration and teachers two years ago, but the new administration has stabilized the situation and teachers are much more engaged with administration and parents. Newl-implemented early testing has put kids in appropriate classes, especially for math and language arts students testing above grade-level. The band is the best in the state by any measure. I love this school.

I was a staff member at this school and my experiences there have drove me out of education all together. This principal while appearing to want to make a difference is more concerned about moving up in the district than helping the kids. She had only been there a year when half of the staff 21 members decided to find other places to work. There would have been more staff leaving if Weld county didn't make it difficult to transfer out of the district. The students here were very disrespectful and bad behavior was constantly being ignored. I am very happy that I will not be coming back next year but feel bad for many of the teachers that have to deal with the principals poor decision making. Find another school for your childrent to attend because there is no more woodshop, food classes since they have been cut.

Brentwood, in our families experience, has been a very unsafe place to be. The bullying and fighting that goes on there is out of control. I have had 2 of my children attend this school over a span of 3 years and would not recommend this school. The staff at Brentwood try to be helpful but the kids drive the bus and therefore it is not the safe environment that parents seek for there children.

The teachers and administration are excellent. What I have noticed is a lack of parental involvement. The gym was more than half empty on back-to-school night. This, more than anything, is an indicator of low test scores--parents are not participating in the process! As an active parent, I feel that Brentwood is more than taking care of my daughter's educational needs.

Hi i really dont think this school could get any worse there is a fight just about every week and the teachers constantly suspend kids time after time hoping eventually they will get the message to stop. Kids are just about saying every cuss word they can. When I went to school there I constantly got threatened and bullied. I have now swithed to private school just to get away from all of this. And as a student I do not reccomend Brentwood middle school.

I think the kids are hear are extremely rude! And the teachers should actually do something besides sitting on their butts! And talk about horrible basketball and volleyball teams!

Last modified Brentwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.