Greeley West High School 2

Posted June 17, 2014
I taught here for a year and this school is a mess. The only students who are getting anything good out of this school are the ones in IB and their experience is totally different than that of the other students. The ESL and SPED programs are not bad, but not great either because of a lack of funding and a lack of people caring about these programs. This is not to say that no one cares, but not enough people do.

Greeley West High School 5

Posted March 04, 2011
I love going to school at west, the teachers are great and the principal made the school much better when he started working there.

Greeley West High School 3

Posted November 21, 2010
West is a pretty good school if you have the right teachers. some teachers are better than others. a lot of west if how involved you are. your golden if your in IB, AP, in a play or play a sport. so to a degree is a joke. but what about the other students? they get screwed. if your not in any of these programs you can forget an equal education. there is no such thing. i watch many of my class mates fall threw the cracks of the system and no one cared. but if they would have been in the "right programs" the out come would have been different. For the most part i liked west, but enough is enough. When does everyone get a equal education? i wasn't in IB, AP, i wasn't in a play, i did play a sport, and i felt like my education suffered. I took AP classes for half of a semester my junior year and was treated horribly by classmate who thought they were better then me. i wasn't about to take that from anyone. it wasn't worth it. and that is West in a nutshell.

Greeley West High School 1

Posted September 13, 2010
This school is overcrowded and full of troublemakers who make it their daily duty to make sure no one learns anything. Student motivation is at rock bottom. Teachers spend a lot of time just trying to get the class under control so very little time is left for actual teaching. The word "school" in this context is non-literal or figurative. An embarassment to the local community.

Greeley West High School 4

Posted September 13, 2010
We love Greeley West High School. Our oldest daughter left a Charter School to attend the IB Program and to get better coaching in athletics. Our daughter is now on a full ride volleyball scholarship and is on the Academic Athletic Dean's List . Our youngest daughter is in her second year and loves going to high school everyday and is doing very well. We feel that the teachers really try to encourage the children to do their best by challenging them and making the classes fun. Mr. B. Wright the principal has made such a positive difference in the school by making the teachers and the kids accountable for their actions. He has encouraged a positive relationship with the students and the staff by getting everyone involved. He himself gets very involved. GW also has a strong Parent Booster Club that supports athletics and clubs.

Greeley West High School 4

Posted July 28, 2009
I would say that Greeley West definitely has it's flaws, but what school doesn't? I would say that it is definitely a good school regardless of whether you do the IB program, which is NOT a joke or take general classes. If general classes are too easy or to have a lack of challenge, then step it up and go for advanced placement classes. I know of many teachers that will make you think and actually try. Some teachers could definitely challenge a student more, but some make you want to say enough. And as for the IB program being in it myself I do not think that free college credits are a joke with an economy as poor as ours. For the student that does not want to go above general and wants a challenge, the best way to do that goal is to get involved in extracurricular activities

Greeley West High School 0

Posted May 04, 2009
Let me put in a word for the IB program. It was challenging enough to put the high school education we received at a level that is competitive with European education systems. The IB program allowed me to enter college with over 40 credits. I didn't have to take any of the core university classes and was able to move on to subjects that were relevant to my major. I finished a Spanish minor having taken only 4 courses in college and graduated in 3 years. That saves a lot of time and money.

Greeley West High School 2

Posted December 21, 2008
Greeley west is not a good school. I was formerly a student there. unless your child goes into the IB program (which is a joke in my opinion) they are going to find a lack of challenge and inconsistency through out there entire education. There are some, and i emphisize some, terachers there who will challenge a student to acutally think about a problem or a concept, but thouse teachers are few and far between, and sadly the most stunning example of a good teacher there is the food science teacher. Courses are passed with barely any effort, acheiving that high school dream of going to class stoned and getting an A. A seinor history class was dubbed by the seinors as 'coloring class' because the class mostly consisted of coloring maps! not detaied maps, but maps you would hand out to a kindergardner. Dont send your kids to Greeley West.

Greeley West High School 0

Posted September 23, 2008
very bad when it comes to kids who struggle, i have four kids 2 of whom graduated and 1 who dropped out and one who is close to dropping out. My kids who did well were treated well, my first child now who is 21 was lost in the school system of hell, they did not acknowledge he exsisted, then my two middle children did well and was treated very well, however my fourth child has struggled since 9th grade and has had no help and was told she did this to herself and is now in 11th grade and once again is already falling behind. She has asked for tutors they blow her off. Basically she is wasting their time in their minds. So if you have great student children they will do well but if your children are not as great in school then they too wll lose intrest

Greeley West High School 5

Posted March 11, 2008

Greeley West High School
2401 35th Ave, Greeley, CO  80634
Last modified Greeley West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greeley West High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top