Bad
Good

Johns Evans keeps there standards low to try and keep the school looking better. Hey if you set the bar low to begin with of course when the good students who are few and far between will always make you shine. However as a parent are they really doing that good or is it because they go to John Evans and there standards are so low to begin with.................. Just saying.......

The principal never listens, the assistant principal is too afraid, the dean of students acts like he is going to do something to fix it and never follows through. They never listen to parents and everytime I have gone to the office there's a group of staff just talking and I have to wait. The secretary Avalos is rude and quick to judge. You can change the building but if you don't change principal Hillman, you will have the same low scores and other problems.

This school always ignores the parents. The principal never tries to talk to discipline anyone. She allows teachers to show movies like 2 Fast 2 Furious" and "The Other Guys."This movies have been showed to my son in math class! The principal is worthless. The front desk person Mrs. Avalos has been rude to me many times and for some reason has kept my son in the office. She should not be allowed to do that. The principal should not be principal. They allow known gangsters to rule the school.

My daughter was badly in need of a quality ESL course after attending a former Greeley school where she received no formal instruction by a teacher. John Evans has been a great place for her and I found the teachers and administration completely supportive. Now my daughter is learning!

TERRIBLE! My child was bullied, assaulted and experienced racism. Principals were ineffectual in dealing with this, even blamed it on my child. Teachers were more interested in middle school "drama" rather than teaching, and did not return phone calls. Do not send your child here!

I attended John Evans and my son also attended John Evans a few years ago. As a former student I found the teachers and administrative staff to be supportive and encouraging. While my son attended John Evans he was on an IEP and the teachers were supportive if his needs and adhered to the contractual guidelines of his IEP. As a result, he was able to move from a contained classroom setting into the mainstream classes and successfully graduated high school at Central. The teachers and staff kept me informed and involved in all decisions to ensure his success. I attribute his success due to the support and understanding he received at John Evans, which put him on a path of success.

John Evans Middle School (JEMS) has lots of community support. State Farm Insurance Company is now their business partner. In 2008, a PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Associaion) was started and is gaining several members. Many positive changes are happening and many more parents are becoming involved. Involved parents = successful students. JEMS offers an IB program and other school activities as well as a successful sports program. When considering which middle school to choose please give JEMS a second look!!

My husband and I both attended John Evans, now both of our kids have. We have had absolutely no problems. We keep our kids involved in school sports, gear-up and many other school activities that are offered by the school, as well as being members of the PTSA and being involved in making this an even better school for future students. John Evans should be proud to say the attendance has been one of the best in the district, receiving recognition from Ranelle Lang. Sure there may be some things that need improvement, don't all schools, and that is what we are striving for.

We are very happy with our experience at John Evans Middle School this school year of 2008-2009. It is implementing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme school wide. The staff is very supportive of all students, and is a positive influence for the students as well as parents. The administration in the building is wonderful to work with. They are very incouraging of parent involvement and have enthusiastically support the chartering of a PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) in the school this year. We would encourage anyone that is looking for a progressive middle school to have their child involved in, to check out JEMS in the Greeley 6 school district. This is the feeder school to Greeley West High School, that houses the IB Diploma Programme, for students that desire the very best in their pre-college education. We can't thank John Evans enough for all they do.

This school is cool ans I think its really safe

Last modified John Evans Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.