Greeley, CO

Shawsheen Elementary School 2

Posted December 01, 2014
My child came home with scratches on her face, no one seemed to know anything about them also had bumped her lip on playground, causing it to bleed - no call from Health Office. No problem w/teachers, great music teacher, questionable SPED program.

Shawsheen Elementary School 2

Posted January 21, 2014
My son is a 1st grader at Shawsheen.. I have been very disappointed, and now to the point of being appalled with them. My son has asthma and I am supposed to recieve a call every time my son uses his inhaler, never once have they called me. My son was whipped in the face by another student with a jacket and I was never called. My son fell and hurt himself, and came home almost in tears because his chest hurt and he had went to the nurses office but I never recieved a call. My husband volunteered for the watch dog dads program and was not even put in the class room with my son. Luckily he was able to eat lunch with him, unfortunatly they made all the first grade class eat in the dark and in complete silence, because apparently the FIRST GRADERS were loud the day before during lunch. And even in complete silence my son only had time to eat his sandwich and take one drink of his juice before they were kicking the kids out of the lunch room. He is 6 years old, he should be able to have enough time to eat all of his lunch at school. Kids that age need food to grow, they should not be deprived of nourishment because thier lunch hour is too short.

Posted August 16, 2011
Both of my children go here, love the teachers and the staff. The 2010/2011 principle is gone so now we look forward to Shawsheen becoming a happier place for the students once again. Mr. Scovil ROCKS and I am so pleased that my children have had the opportunity to have these years with him.

Posted August 11, 2009
All 4 of my kidlets have gone here. I love the staff as do they. They have always gone out of their way to help, not only us, but many others. They are always using new ideas to get the best benefits. I just can't say enough good about them. I trust my kidlets with each and everyone of them. They're like an extension of my family.

Posted January 21, 2008
Shawsheen is a fabulous schoool and my children are receiving an excellent education. We love there teachers and they do such a great job.

Posted August 09, 2007
I have two children that attend this school and love it! Most of the teachers are great! (Every school has their share of 'bad apples') The new principal is very harsh. Shawsheen has many great programs for the children that help them to excell in many ways. Thunderbird singers in one of our favorites! GO Mr. Scovil!

Posted December 09, 2005
I have 2 children that attend this school and have been very happy. I love the programs that this school offers and the staff is awesome! The building itself is small, old, and crowded. However, I would not have my children attend another school because the education is unbeatable. There are over 100 students each year that choose to come here that live outside the attendance area. There are many opportunities to enrich my chilren here, if I choose to do so- OM, Battle of the Books, PE activities, Before school activities. Any parent should feel proud to have their child here!

Shawsheen Elementary School 3

Posted August 28, 2005
Their preschool program is wonderful, although it really should be for more time than an hour and half a day. The regular education K-5 is ok, average at best. Not the greatest and not the worst. They need to work on student responsibility and actions. The principal is awful, I didn't like his attitude at all.

Posted May 20, 2004
Shawsheen has been a great experience for our son. We love the sense of community and volunteerism at Shawsheen. Only issues we've had was lack of teacher involvement with our son bringing home coat during 2nd grade year. The responsibility was placed entirely on a seven year old. I do not agree with that. Even though our son had 3 winter coats at the time, if he left them at school everyday I had nothing for him to wear to school = bad parent.

Shawsheen Elementary School
4020 West 7th St, Greeley, CO  80634
Last modified Shawsheen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shawsheen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top