Monfort Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2010
My daughter has attended Monfort for the last three years. The teachers are very nurturing and kind. They are also very attentive to any concerns I have as a parent. My daughter has been involved in several of the extra-curricular activites that Monfort offers and has enjoyed them. We do not live in the Monfort district so I make sure I complete the open-enrollment option to ensure that my daughter can attend this school.

Monfort Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2010

Monfort Elementary School 2

Posted March 31, 2009

Monfort Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2009
We've been here for a little over a year (for part of 3rd grade and now part of 4th) and have had mixed feelings. I do feel that the principal and vice-principal are active in the school, but we haven't had vibrant, happy teachers (which matters more). Reports of bullying and inappropriate behavior are received well-enough, but nothing changes. We're frustrated.

Monfort Elementary School 3

Posted November 02, 2007
I'm a new parent to the school but am so far un-impressed by Monforts Kindergarten curriculum. Now in the third month of Kindergarten the teachers are still teaching how to count to 10 and how to say the ABC's. My daughter after attending St. Peter's Pre-school was able to count to 100 and say, write, and sound her ABC's; however she is being held up because of large class sizes and not being able to get the attention she and many others deserve. Monfort needs to stop this 'No Child Left Behind' (i.e. pass everyone and teach 2 years behind the grade level) and focus on teaching; not babysitting! Kudos to Monfort for Extracurricular activities, Safety, and Parental Involvement.

Monfort Elementary School 2

Posted September 24, 2007
At Monfort they have a poor teacher student ratio. In first grade there are 30 students per teacher. How do we expect teachers to be able to give the children the time they need with classes this size? Our school district has put to much on this test everything revolves around this test. They have eliminated recess, as though to punish the kids. Children are going to take a break, scheduled or not. They moved their spring break back three weeks,due to the test. Then after the students have taken the test they do not do much academically. Very disappointed with this school.

Posted May 24, 2007
Wonderful School! My son is a first grader this year...and will be going into 2nd grade. We have enjoyed every moment at Monfort. The Principal, Teachers and Staff are so helpful...and truly make Monfort a great school!

Posted September 18, 2006
My son is only in first grade at Monfort, so my experience is limited to Kindergarten. So far I have been very pleased with what he has learned, the communication to parents from the teachers, and the discipline incentive started this year. Being a teacher myself, I believe he is getting a quality education and have had no concerns about the content of what he is learning.

Posted April 01, 2005
I am a parent at Monfort Elementary. This has been a great school for my boys. We actually live outside of Monfort boundries and have to apply every year to have them stay in the school. Applause to Monfort!

Posted April 01, 2005

Monfort Elementary School
2101 47th Ave, Greeley, CO  80634
Last modified Monfort Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monfort Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top