Bad
Good

This school does nothing about bullying. Absolutely nothing. Makes me so sad. Teachers rush through every subject. My daughter comes home sad doesn't want to go back the next day. I have to go to the library, get the criteria that the school should be working on with my child and teach it when she gets home. Exhausting and ridiculous, I'm not going to give up on my child like public schools have done. District 6 thinks that the only important thing in schools are test scores and attendance so they get more money for their own pockets. Our schools doesn't see any of the money, barely!! There is a new staff every year or in the middle of the year, cant get a good Principle. Any of the good ones out of the four we have gone through in 6 years have been let go because they didn't follow District 6 rules. They fire the good and hire robots that only care about attendance and test scores. The same thing for teachers. The last principle was cold, bitter, mean, scared the kids and didn't know how to communicate with parents. Monfort has got rid of anything that was good and helpful. My oldest daughter went to Monfort when it was a good school. Now my youngest is there and it is the complete opposite of wonderful. Looking for a good school. I have put her on charter school lists also. What has happened to our education system???

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are what make this school fabulous and made my heart change knowing she was in incredible hands.

We just moved here and the way the enrollment dates laid this one the only school my child got into as it was in our area. She started in the middle of the year and week for that matter. The first day they could of ton a TON better showing us what was expected and how things worked. I left very uneasy and so did my daughter. Once class started though she did amazing and the teachers were fabulous. In 4 weeks they got her caught up with the class and never made Hewett feel out of place for not knowing areas but getting hey extra help if needed. I went from about to pull her to very thankful I gave it a shot. It was the hardest thing to do as a parent but giving it a week was needed. I can't say enough good things about the teachers, programs, or principal. She knew who we were the first week and that was nice. I still don't know that it is the safest school when dropping off but I stay with her until she goes to class. That is really my only complaint with the school but they are amazing with her and what was a mess of a first week is amazing now.

My daughter previously attended Monfort Elementary. Before she attended Monfort she loved school. Besides the constant issues I heard from other parents and teachers, about half way through her year we noticed a significant decline in her grades, attitude, confidence and excitement. After 2 months of me pushing, they finally decided she needed a tutor. After 1 month with the tutor, she tells me that my daughter is reading at a Kindergarten level (at the end of her 1st grade year) and that she is very concerned. I insisted on meeting with her core teacher, reading teacher, principal and tutor. Turns out each teacher was teaching her to read differently and not communicating that to anyone else. No wonder she was totally confused. When I asked how that was possible? The teacher replied "Well, I am too busy with a class full of kids and being the 1st grade lead to catch every little detail for every little student. And remember... we can always use more parent volunteers." So, a student falling way behind the class is a small detail that doesn t warrant her teacher s attention? Since leaving her grades, confidence, focus and positive attitude have far exceeded our hopes.

My daughter has attended Monfort for the last three years. The teachers are very nurturing and kind. They are also very attentive to any concerns I have as a parent. My daughter has been involved in several of the extra-curricular activites that Monfort offers and has enjoyed them. We do not live in the Monfort district so I make sure I complete the open-enrollment option to ensure that my daughter can attend this school.

We've been here for a little over a year (for part of 3rd grade and now part of 4th) and have had mixed feelings. I do feel that the principal and vice-principal are active in the school, but we haven't had vibrant, happy teachers (which matters more). Reports of bullying and inappropriate behavior are received well-enough, but nothing changes. We're frustrated.

I'm a new parent to the school but am so far un-impressed by Monforts Kindergarten curriculum. Now in the third month of Kindergarten the teachers are still teaching how to count to 10 and how to say the ABC's. My daughter after attending St. Peter's Pre-school was able to count to 100 and say, write, and sound her ABC's; however she is being held up because of large class sizes and not being able to get the attention she and many others deserve. Monfort needs to stop this 'No Child Left Behind' (i.e. pass everyone and teach 2 years behind the grade level) and focus on teaching; not babysitting! Kudos to Monfort for Extracurricular activities, Safety, and Parental Involvement.

At Monfort they have a poor teacher student ratio. In first grade there are 30 students per teacher. How do we expect teachers to be able to give the children the time they need with classes this size? Our school district has put to much on this test everything revolves around this test. They have eliminated recess, as though to punish the kids. Children are going to take a break, scheduled or not. They moved their spring break back three weeks,due to the test. Then after the students have taken the test they do not do much academically. Very disappointed with this school.

Wonderful School! My son is a first grader this year...and will be going into 2nd grade. We have enjoyed every moment at Monfort. The Principal, Teachers and Staff are so helpful...and truly make Monfort a great school!

My son is only in first grade at Monfort, so my experience is limited to Kindergarten. So far I have been very pleased with what he has learned, the communication to parents from the teachers, and the discipline incentive started this year. Being a teacher myself, I believe he is getting a quality education and have had no concerns about the content of what he is learning.

Last modified Monfort Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.