Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 26, 2016
M. KINGMAN is the absolute best kindergarten treacher and I can only thank her for my daughter excelling as fast as she did.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 26, 2016
The teachers are what make this school fabulous and made my heart change knowing she was in incredible hands.

Monfort Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2016
We just moved here and the way the enrollment dates laid this one the only school my child got into as it was in our area. She started in the middle of the year and week for that matter. The first day they could of ton a TON better showing us what was expected and how things worked. I left very uneasy and so did my daughter. Once class started though she did amazing and the teachers were fabulous. In 4 weeks they got her caught up with the class and never made Hewett feel out of place for not knowing areas but getting hey extra help if needed. I went from about to pull her to very thankful I gave it a shot. It was the hardest thing to do as a parent but giving it a week was needed. I can't say enough good things about the teachers, programs, or principal. She knew who we were the first week and that was nice. I still don't know that it is the safest school when dropping off but I stay with her until she goes to class. That is really my only complaint with the school but they are amazing with her and what was a mess of a first week is amazing now.

Monfort Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2015
My daughter previously attended Monfort Elementary. Before she attended Monfort she loved school. Besides the constant issues I heard from other parents and teachers, about half way through her year we noticed a significant decline in her grades, attitude, confidence and excitement. After 2 months of me pushing, they finally decided she needed a tutor. After 1 month with the tutor, she tells me that my daughter is reading at a Kindergarten level (at the end of her 1st grade year) and that she is very concerned. I insisted on meeting with her core teacher, reading teacher, principal and tutor. Turns out each teacher was teaching her to read differently and not communicating that to anyone else. No wonder she was totally confused. When I asked how that was possible? The teacher replied "Well, I am too busy with a class full of kids and being the 1st grade lead to catch every little detail for every little student. And remember... we can always use more parent volunteers." So, a student falling way behind the class is a small detail that doesn t warrant her teacher s attention? Since leaving her grades, confidence, focus and positive attitude have far exceeded our hopes.

Monfort Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2010
My daughter has attended Monfort for the last three years. The teachers are very nurturing and kind. They are also very attentive to any concerns I have as a parent. My daughter has been involved in several of the extra-curricular activites that Monfort offers and has enjoyed them. We do not live in the Monfort district so I make sure I complete the open-enrollment option to ensure that my daughter can attend this school.

Monfort Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2009
We've been here for a little over a year (for part of 3rd grade and now part of 4th) and have had mixed feelings. I do feel that the principal and vice-principal are active in the school, but we haven't had vibrant, happy teachers (which matters more). Reports of bullying and inappropriate behavior are received well-enough, but nothing changes. We're frustrated.

Monfort Elementary School 3

Posted November 02, 2007
I'm a new parent to the school but am so far un-impressed by Monforts Kindergarten curriculum. Now in the third month of Kindergarten the teachers are still teaching how to count to 10 and how to say the ABC's. My daughter after attending St. Peter's Pre-school was able to count to 100 and say, write, and sound her ABC's; however she is being held up because of large class sizes and not being able to get the attention she and many others deserve. Monfort needs to stop this 'No Child Left Behind' (i.e. pass everyone and teach 2 years behind the grade level) and focus on teaching; not babysitting! Kudos to Monfort for Extracurricular activities, Safety, and Parental Involvement.

Monfort Elementary School 2

Posted September 24, 2007
At Monfort they have a poor teacher student ratio. In first grade there are 30 students per teacher. How do we expect teachers to be able to give the children the time they need with classes this size? Our school district has put to much on this test everything revolves around this test. They have eliminated recess, as though to punish the kids. Children are going to take a break, scheduled or not. They moved their spring break back three weeks,due to the test. Then after the students have taken the test they do not do much academically. Very disappointed with this school.

Monfort Elementary School 5

Posted May 24, 2007
Wonderful School! My son is a first grader this year...and will be going into 2nd grade. We have enjoyed every moment at Monfort. The Principal, Teachers and Staff are so helpful...and truly make Monfort a great school!

Monfort Elementary School 5

Posted September 18, 2006
My son is only in first grade at Monfort, so my experience is limited to Kindergarten. So far I have been very pleased with what he has learned, the communication to parents from the teachers, and the discipline incentive started this year. Being a teacher myself, I believe he is getting a quality education and have had no concerns about the content of what he is learning.

2101 47th Avenue, Greeley, CO  80634
Last modified Monfort Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.