Public charter
Greeley, CO
Students enrolled: 1,371

Posted August 28, 2013
FA is an amazing school that challenges kids to work to the best of their ability. Kids are put in classes with others if their ability. I am in 7th grade (the class of 2018). I am taking Algebra I (ninth grade math) In third grade, I read at the level that high school seniors were expected to test at. Most FA students reach that level by 8-9th grade at least. 25% of the classes are a year ahead in math, but the Special Ed. kids are also greatly helped. Frontier's standard for academic excellence is high. The SAT avg. for the district was 17, for the state 20, and for FA 22. Teachers are required to have had a 95+ in college for their subject. FA's staff are some of the most involved and knowledgeable teachers I know. They have an amazing music and arts program, and you can go to other schools for sports only. Although the elementary could challenge kids a bit more, FA is still amazing.

Posted December 06, 2012
After moving to Colorado, three of my children attended Frontier - Elementary, Middle and HS. My oldest graduated from Frontier. She got the education she needed to be successful in college. My son only attended MS at Frontier and left for HS - for sports. My husband and I agree with the change - for the IB program. Our son was very well prepared for the IB program after his MS years at Frontier, completed the IB program, and now attends a top 20 Liberal Arts College in New York. Our youngest attended Frontier from 4th through 8th, until we moved. When enrolling out of state (in Virginia) they tried to tell us their schools were FAR superior to Colorado & it took a fight to get her in their advanced classes. She's 14 now and I just met with her English teacher who told me that my daughter is reading at a College Freshman level, in 9th grade. Take that Virginia! So, in summary, I'd say that Frontier isn't perfect, but your child can get both an excellent education and they can feel like they are part of a family at Frontier. Frontier is small, but they manage to do a lot with a little.

Frontier Charter Academy 1

Posted July 03, 2012
I went to frontier for a while. The elementary and middle school are good but the highschool is the worst!

Frontier Charter Academy 3

Posted April 18, 2012
I attended this school k-8 then began a new career at Greeley West. Frontier is a very small school which has pros and cons. Gang affiliation and controlled substances are not near as a problem as any other school. While there is importance to dressing nice the dress code in my opinion as well as most logical peoples' opinions is pretty absurd. The school is strict which again has pros and cons. The bottom line for me regarding FA, is that once I switched schools I experienced a much better staff in education and relation to students, the people you get to interact with at FA is very limited and upon attending Greeley West a much better group was achieved, and finally the projects, field trips, labs are far superior than FA.

Frontier Charter Academy 0

Posted February 07, 2010
Frontier Academy is the most amazing school ever! I've gone here since Kindergarten and I wouldn't leave for the world. The teachers are all so amazing and know what they are teaching. The admin people are really good about keeping the values that made my parents put me and my 2 younger brothers in. The students are the greatest kids you will ever meet. Everyone is able to be themselves and the class sizes are small enough that you do know every person in the class. Frontier students are definitely going to be the kids who excel and are totally prepared for college. Because of Frontier's amazingness, I'm know I'm ready for life in the real world! I LOVE FRONTIER!

Frontier Charter Academy 0

Posted November 04, 2009
Great place! Teachers who can be your friends. They will stand up to admin when they need to, agree with them and follow the rules when it's appropriate. The students are non-clique-y. We boasted a 103 person Key Club in a 250-300 person school. We have had students receive high marks in AP scores, go to All State and other honor bands, have done very well in athletics, and even have one student who will be playing in Carnagie Hall this summer. For a school who just graduated their 5th ever class, this is pretty spectacular.

Frontier Charter Academy 4

Posted April 12, 2009
At Fronier I am very challenged by my teachers, and am expected to show excelence in all my work. Most teachers I have had have been extremely efficiant in what they do. I am very impressed with both language programs as I have taken two years of Spanish and three years of German. The art program is great as it is, but would be much better if it recieved more funding. The only real problem I see with Frontier is the dress code. It is never clear enough, and it is too cold to not be allowed to wear hoodies or coats. Dressing nice is important, but we are still kids. It would be helpful if the dress code would slacken a bit and be more clear for the highschool.

Frontier Charter Academy 2

Posted April 02, 2009

Frontier Charter Academy 4

Posted March 23, 2008
This school is ok but honestly I feel like they could be taking care of far more important problems then they are. There are a few exceptional teachers. Overall a decent school

Posted March 15, 2008
Frontier Academy has been the best choice for my child. We were going to homeschool unless he was accepted. My two older girls attended a private school in Greeley, but that was not a choice now for my son as things at that school had deteriorated. We are thrilled with Frontier Academy and now wish this had been our first choice for all of our children. When my son entered the 1st grade behind grade level it took the teacher only a couple days to get him the proper help he needed. Now entering the 4th quarter of the school year he is working above grade level and loves to go to school everyday.

Frontier Charter Academy
2560 West 29th St, Greeley, CO  80634
Last modified Frontier Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frontier Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top