PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

I can’t tell you how pleased I am with the exceptional academics and behavior education. The teachers really care about the kids getting a good education and actually understanding the material. If any paper receives a low grade, the teacher works with the child to go back through the items they missed so they understand what the problems are and fully understand the topic. This way the child never continues on with a subject with only a partial knowledge of it or starts falling behind. The school truly caters to the individual child and their learning styles to ensure that each child will excel and succeed. And when it comes to behavior, I saw an immediate increase in maturity when my daughter started at Beacon. The staff and teachers coach the students on good vs. bad behavior; and all expect mature behavior from the students. There is also zero-tolerance for bullying. The staff and teachers go the extra mile to ensure students understand how to treat and respect each other.

Beacon Country Day School is a great school! After struggling in public schools for 5 years, last spring I finally had enough. I was tired of my child coming home complaining of bullying, not being able to concentrate in class because the classes were too noisy, teachers not having the time or willingness to help all the kids one on one when they would have questions and the lack of a solid curriculum. When I found out that the public school spelling tests consisted only of memorizing word lists and not teaching the kids the meaning of the words or how to use them, I knew I was done wasting my time in the public school system. So with only two months left in the school year last spring, I pulled her out and sent her to Beacon. In just two months at Beacon the knowledge and understanding my daughter gained was far beyond my wildest expectations. Even close friends of mine noticed they change in two months. Now in her first year in the middle school classes, my daughter is bringing home A’s and B’s in all her courses, has surpassed what her peers are learning in math in the public schools and is having fun learning. Yes Beacon uses the traditional grading system so you get to finally know how well they really are comprehending what they are learning instead of the ‘satisfactory’ rating system. Please, take just an hour out of your day and schedule a visit with the school and see for yourself. At Beacon, they ask to have your child come spend the day with their future class mates so they can judge for themselves if Beacon is the right choice for them before making a commitment. However, be warned, my daughter came home and said “I am never going back to public schools mom, I want to go to Beacon, it was great and they make learning fun!”.

My son went to BCDS from preschool-8th grade and now at Regis Jesuit High School which is a hard school to get into. Beacon gave my son a solid foundation for High School. He learned excellent study skills and great work ethics. All the teachers are fabulous especially the middle school teachers preparing him for high school. 99% of the students at Beacon go to Regis HS and they all say Beacon really prepared them for high school socially and academically.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Beacon Country Day School is very family oriented. The teachers are all very kind, warm, and communicate with parents on a daily basis with email, phone calls, text, and person to person. I knew every day dropping my son off there, he was in good hands especially coming from a very protective mom!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The Teachers have a wonderful curriculum to work with. It is highly acclaimed, proven and works. The teachers are super amazing because they care and they are not overwhelmed. The teach the whole child and they love the kids. The best Teachers we have ever had. WE love the Beacon Teachers.

Amount of homework: Agree

They do have a lot of homework but the students can stay after school and finish it. My children never need my help they actually can do there-own work. that is unusual!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The older children mentor the younger children. They are tremendous role models in the community.

I notice someone has targeted the school and written a few negative reviews about the playground and or bathrooms. We have never ever in six years had one issue with the school. Every once in a while a crazy parent comes a long but other than that i have never seen a more loving, nurturing, anti bullying and prestigious academic school. The older children are incredible role models and the school is well run and well monitored. Nothing I mean nothing concerns me about the school. If your looking for a tough and challenging academic environment, nurturing, love and wonderful family like atmosphere - Beacon Country Day School - is the best school for any gifted or high achieving child. If your child is not gifted that is ok - the school works with each child on a individual level. I have never seen anything like it. My children love the school, can't wait to go everyday and they love the playgrounds. That is right! Two playgrounds one for the younger kids and one for the older kids. The school has gourmet lunch brought in everyday or you can bring your own. The teachers each with the children. It is wonderful. The French, Computers, PE, ART and Sciences are unbelievable. I absolutely recommend Piano after school and ART. The after school art program is highly advanced and wonderfully organized. If you are looking for the newest of new schools this is not the school for you. If your looking for proven success in a rigorous academic environment this is the one! I highly recommend this school.

It was only after multiple problems occurring on poorly monitored playground and in the restrooms and when we repeatedly brought our concerns to the teachers and administration were the teachers instructed to pay attention to what was happening outside of the classrooms. We definitely noticed a tendency toward problem avoidance.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I cannot say better things about the teachers we have had thus far they have all been wonderful and they really love the kids.

Last modified Beacon Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8