Greenwood Village, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted October 22, 2014
My son started preschool and every day he comes home mentally exhausted from everything he has learned. His teacher is wonderful, and engages the students by getting down on the floor to their level while teaching. He spends his day learning Spanish, French, science, numbers, letters, technology, writing his name, and other skills. He moves from room to room depending on the time of day or subject, so he is not kept in a single space throughout the day. At the end of each day, my preschooler is excited to tell me some of the things he's learned that day.

Posted June 24, 2014
Attending Beacon Country Day School for 10 years was a great experience. Accademically speaking I was fully prepared for high school. I do not think there exists a better family environment than what you will find at Beacon. Every student is known by every teacher and every child receives the attention, care, and patience necessary for them to learn and succeed. Kids learning at slower levels are taken care of by professors staying late and putting in extra hours to bring them up to speed. However, kids who learn at more rapid paces are not hindered by the teachers accommodations because they too are being pushed to take higher level courses that will challenge them. For example, at my time at beacon I never once had math class with kids in my actual grade because Beacon allowed me to take math classes with kids in higher grades so that I could learn at my own accelerated pace and continue to be pushed to learn more. Despite Beacon's small size I truely believe it is one of the best high school prepatory schools in Colorado and I will definitely consider sending my own kids there when that time comes.

Posted June 23, 2014
I enrolled my granddaughter in Beacon Country School mid year because she started crying on the way to her other preschool every morning! I toured Beacon and fell in love with the school. My granddaughter ended up being gifted and needed more of a challenge. This school changed all of our lives because she was more able to have interesting conversations and because she was so fulfilled!

Posted June 23, 2014
Beacon did a fantastic job with my sons, they are doing very well in high school and college. I was at the school for 14+ years and can say they really know what they are doing. It was good to leave the teaching to the professionals, so I could concentrate on what I know best. I especially liked their philosophy of teaching each topic at the level best suited to the child. They focus totally on the needs of the child, who always comes first. They provide a very nurturing environment and the kids do the best they can possibly do in any school anywhere. I would highly recommend them and would be glad to talk with anyone about the school. They have a very good middle school, which was a big plus for us and really know how to select and retain excellent teachers.

Posted June 23, 2014
My son just graduated from college. He still believes that Beacon gave him the step-up to perform well in high school and college. I wanted to give something back to the school so I decided to volunteer some time at the school. I had a chance to see the children at play and study. It brought me back to my son's experience. My favorite memory of Beacon was how happy the children were while at school. I always credited it to the openess and security they felt while at Beacon. There were no bullies. I was also very relieved how different his experience was in their middle school. When compared to my friends' children it sounded like a sanctuary. Educationally, children were always motivated to broaden their horizons. There were science and art fairs, debating contests for the upper levels, weekend field trips to places like science camp, Global Awareness Week where adults from other countries described their childhoods, speakers from different local community groups (e.g. Denver Zoo) and much more. Beacon was not simply instructional, something they did very well, it was a key to the lock of things to come. If I am an example, the parents were and stll are commited to it.

Posted June 23, 2014
My child has been at Beacon for four years, and everyday I am grateful and pleased we are part of the Beacon Family. From the specialized educational needs given for each individual child, the safe and caring environment provided for the students, to the knowledge, professionalism and enthusiasm by which the faculty delivers not only educational material, but also encourages behavioral development focusing on the overall development of the child, I will be forever indebted. Beacon is an accelerated school, and as such they have an advanced curriculum, with a focus on preparedness. Recognition IS given to all children for making good choices, where they are praised thereby reinforcing positive behavior. Negative behavior is redirected and faculty works together with parents and the Wallaces to address and correct. The Wallace's bring decades of education and developmental excellence to Beacon, along with a genuine caring for each of the students and their families. I am a firm believer in "you get out what you put in", and with Beacon, the Wallace's put so much of themselves into this wonderful school.

Beacon Country Day School 1

Posted May 04, 2014
Beacon drills the children with test strategies. The school has a large amount of children with speech problems, and the lower level teachers provide a great deal of negative attention, mostly forgetting to incentivize those children who are quiet and in need of positive attention to reveal their aptitudes. It is a provincial school run by the Wallace family, where teachers give privileges to their children in the school. The upper levels have very small classrooms which do not seem to provide any diversity of challenge. A year around open enrollment creates a climate of change. It is a good place for children whose parents are strict. BYW, very little parent engagement. Get ready to be in a small town suburban culture at Beacon!

Posted October 23, 2013
Joining the Beacon family has been such a positive experience for us! Now into our second year, we have three kids enrolled and each classroom they have been in has been staffed by bright, caring and engaging teachers. They have mastered the art of differentiation, allowing our children to work at their pace, and progress academically in specific subjects while nurturing their emotional development as well. Beacon is not your typical private school with the shiny exterior and brand new decor, but what you get on the inside is priceless. Having come from another local private school, we couldn't be happier with the way our kids are valued and nurtured at Beacon!

Posted October 20, 2013
Beacon provides a very strong, personalized, curriculum for its students. Our child was given the opportunity to work with students in the next grade level in areas where he excelled, allowing him to remain challenged. The smaller class sizes allow teachers to work with students individually in determining appropriate lesson materials. The rigor of the curriculum and expectation of the teachers and adminstrators far exceeds what is provided to children in the Cherry Creek School District. We are very happy that we made the switch to Beacon midway through our child's elementary eduction and are thrilled that he has a school for the next many years that is comfortable for him, challenging for him, and making him excited about attending school.

Posted October 18, 2013
This school has been wonderful for my child--small class size, so easy to the teachers (no appointment needed!). After a year at a public Douglas county school my child was a year behind in reading despite my concern expressed to the teacher. BCDS diagnosed the problem immediately and she is reading years above grade level now.

Beacon Country Day School
6100 E Belleview Ave, Greenwood Village, CO  80111
Last modified Beacon Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Beacon Country Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top