Greenwood Village, CO

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 31, 2015
I am pleased at how versitle the teachers are and in their ability to try it a different way if the kids don't understand something.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 31, 2015
As long as the kids don't procrastinate, the amount of homework is fine. Our family utilizes the after care program which leaves plenty of time to do homework with the added benefit of having teachers there if questions come up.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 31, 2015
The teachers integrate the 16 habits of mind into daily lessons, the first of which is persistance.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 31, 2015
I do feel the school develops respect in the students. Going back to the Habits of Mind. The students learn respect when they understand habits 2 and 3 Managing impulsivity, and Listening with understanding and empathy.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 31, 2015
The 16 Habits of Mind are posted on the walls and integrated into lesson plans and are reinforced in every classroom. #3 - Listening with understanding and empathy. My kids get really emotional, putting themselves in the place of someone else trying to imagine how they feel in a particular situation. It helps them form their own opinions and look at things objectively.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 31, 2015
I have watched my children continually grow in their ability to take responsibility for their actions and not be afraid to admit to mistakes. They have also confessed when they have considered something unethical and told me about their thought process in making a better decision, or the specific reasons they made the wrong decision.

Beacon Country Day School 5

Posted July 31, 2015
Several of my friends have commented on "the difference in my children compared to other kids." My friends are impressed with the way my kids handle conflict, their approach to solving problems, their attitude about school and learning, and their competency in having conversations with adults. It's a proud dad moment when your buddies tell you stuff like this. Since my kids seem pretty much par for the course with other kids at Beacon, I have to attribute these things to how they are being taught there. My wife and I are very pleased with our choice to enroll our kids here. And the kids seem to really like it too!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 30, 2015
most amazing teachers ever we could not be more happy with the teachers than the ones we have had at Beacon Country Day School

Beacon Country Day School 5

Posted July 30, 2015
This is the most amazing school if you are looking for individualized academic programs. It is so nurturing and has literally no bullying at all. It teaches children to be independent. My child excelled both emotionally and academically at Beacon. Most Beacon Graduates attend top rated private high schools and colleges. We highly recommend Beacon to all our friend and family. I would not have sent my kids anywhere else!! Highly recommend.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 30, 2015
Beacon Country Day School is able to develop the whole child. If your child is more advanced in 1st grade reading than the other 1st graders than they will move if necessary your child to the 2nd grade reading class. This teaches all the students that they can utilize their abilities to any extent possible.

6100 E Belleview Ave, Greenwood Village, CO  80111
Last modified Beacon Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Beacon Country Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top