Greenwood Village, CO

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 20, 2015
I cannot say better things about the teachers we have had thus far they have all been wonderful and they really love the kids.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 20, 2015
The homework is hard especially as the children progress. What shocks me though is my child knows what to do and they don't need help. Other friends of ours who attend other schools complain that their kids don't know how to do their homework. Not the case at Beacon the kids know what to do and you can have them do their home work before or after school during the after school program.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 20, 2015
The curriculum is very hard and extremely challenging if a child is an over achiever and needs to they get moved up and if they need extra help they get it. NO one is left behind.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 20, 2015
The students have wonderful manners and treat each other so well. No bulling and no problems. The children graduate with the best manners I have ever seen.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 20, 2015
Wonderful student teacher ratio loving and nurturing with huge integrity. Over 50 years educating in Denver area. My child has better manners now.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 20, 2015
Very honest loving nurturing school. Life Changing experience compared to the other school we attended where politics ruled. The children are involved in so many wonderful things at Beacon from Green Environment Issues to Chess Club.

Beacon Country Day School 5

Posted August 20, 2015
One day three years ago we had no idea we would change our lives forever. Our child was pretty miserable with her school and she didn't like going to school. That all changed in one day. We toured four schools and Beacon Country Day School although not perfect and although its small (1 class per grade) we felt a connection to the Principal Cindy. Her passion during the tour and her knowledge of teaching the individual child really made sense to us. Our child isn't a number and they are not going to conform always but Beacon truly conforms to your child. It may not be the most up to date building or have the highest security or even state of the art bathrooms. Beacon has what no other school has over 50 years of proven success. Kids graduate from Beacon and go onto be extremely successful in life. Many attend Ivy League Schools. The Science and Art (after school ART) is amazing. Learning French kind of seemed odd to me but it is the universal standard for International academics and my child is now studying spanish online. My family loves Beacon because our child loves Beacon. If you are truly looking for a loving, nurturing, small classes, highly intense and personalized education for your child you will be so thrilled with this school. Highly recommend - teach the whole child! No bullies at Beacon the children are all a big family.

Beacon Country Day School 2

Posted August 12, 2015
At the start of the school year I spoke to my son’s teacher about possibly having him move up a grade for reading lessons. She said she’d consider it but he was not given that opportunity. Throughout the year my son often complained of being "bored" with the school reading. When we received his standardized test scores and the school’s internal testing, he tested 3 grades above grade level for reading and had a vocabulary 4 grades above grade level. We are extremely disappointed that he was not allowed to move up to a more grade-appropriate environment and even more concerned that his teacher failed to notice the need!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 10, 2015
Obviously it is hard to judge as I am not a teacher and also my son gets extra work from a therapist, but the work he does get from the school to do at home is not excessive and is usually done quicky in the afternoon when he gets home.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
I have see this with my own son who has developed a real sense of determination to overcome issues in order to solve problems.

6100 E Belleview Ave, Greenwood Village, CO  80111
Last modified Beacon Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Beacon Country Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 82 reviews. Top