Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

I understand that children are dealt with appropriately for bullying. However, I have met a parent that accused my child of bullying. I discovered what happened and explained it to the parent, so she understood that my child is not a bully. Her response was, "How would I know?" My reply to her was, "You ask, and not assume the worst in people."

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Our child's needs are not being met at this school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal has her agenda which does not meet our needs as a family.

Develops character: Neutral

I would not know if this is true. Our child is compassionate, just, and respectful.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Her math teacher has been useless. I feel I am homeschooling her in math. And her himeroom teacher gives everyone the same reading material to work with regardless of level. This is upsetting when you have an advanced reader like myself. Moreover, they will not give children their level books out of fear of hurting other children's feelings. So, my child'a literacy suffers at the hands of Belleview.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

I asked our math teacher for additional HW to practice math facts, and she refused to give it to us. When I then requested a website she recommends for practice. She told me to go out and buy a workbook. I received no support from her until a mid-year conference with the principal that my husband attended. At the meeting, she had the unit information we were missing, the math facts we needed to work on, websites, everything I had been requesting since August. It should not be so difficult and emotionally upsetting to help your child succeed in school. Especially when you have a student who is motivated, and a high aptitude learner to work with.

We moved to Greenwood Village from out of state because of the school ratings. We are leaving this school after one lack luster year. I have an intelligent, gifted, well-educated and disciplined child. A star student who deserves much better. If Belleview continues with their current principle, I predict home values to decrease significantly. I highly recommend parents visit a school before choosing one by rating. We could not be more disappointed.

We have attended Belleview for 2 years now. We do live next door and my kids are not excluded in any manner. We have had nothing but positive things to say about the school, the staff, and how the kids are cared for and treated. Academics and test scores are some of the highest in the district and we are also happy about that.

We unfortunately did not have a great experience at this school. It's high rank is a bit deceiving in that we were coming from a similarily ranked school but they couldn't have been more different. The bottom line is that your kids won't be happy here. A simple walk down the hallway will show pictures of unsmiling children and you will hear teachers yelling at students. Class size is definitely a factor and so is classroom morale. There are no play dates after school and there are strict rules around things that should be fun; Iike eating lunch and recess! My kindergartener actually had to answer a question correctly before being allowed out for recess! This school is sadly a miss, but it has campus middle school as a positive neighbor. Maybe it can take a few lessons from them?

Amount of homework: Disagree

The homework that is given my daughter was doing a year ago and they are to drag it out all week. If you turn it in early you get in trouble

Last modified Belleview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.