Greenwood Village, CO
Students enrolled: 1,419

Posted June 03, 2014
ampus counselors and administration just don't care. Your student can fail classes and they just pass them on - even into high level classes - with statements like "He is so smart that hopefully the light will turn on eventually" or "It would damage him socially to hold him back" or (my personal favorite) "You just need to figure out what motivates him. That's not our job." After begging them for help to enforce rules and penalties, they just shrug and tell you they can't (can't make them come in for detention/recess/after school; can't hold them back; can't provide counseling). There ARE really good teachers, but you might get one or two in a team of four. The school is too large and they just don't care - even if your child does have a diagnosed learning disability (ADD for mine - which they didn't catch, I did). Put your child elsewhere, if at all possible!!!

Posted June 02, 2014
Campus middle school is an amazing school. There is a right amount of homework each night and the teachers are wonderful. If u are planning to send your child to this school, you are making the right choice.

Posted May 18, 2014
All these rich mother truckers think they're better than everyone else cause they go to a school that bullies their students into getting good grades. Enjoy it, Campus, because the rest of the world hates you.

Posted October 21, 2013
Both of my children went to Campus. One is in the 8th grade now and the other went on to Cherry Creek HS and graduated about a year ago. My complaint?! The teachers refuse to let kids be kids. My daughter in the 8th grade comes home every night with as much homework as I had in college and, frankly, I am a lawyer. What is it with teachers these days? They no longer teach children to enjoy learning...they teach to gain their own accolades or points in some system they have set up. I have two really smart kids who want to do their best, but the school sets them up for failure because they have some standard they are chasing instead of caring about the kids. I don't want you to get the wrong impression of my critique. Both of my kids have done well (As and Bs) but I have to ask at what cost? They've spent all of their time studying. Cherry Creek Schools....quit chasing the awards and start caring about the kids you are teaching! You put way too much pressure on kids so that you can get awards/funding...whatever. Ugh!

Posted June 08, 2013
My oldest child recently completed eighth grade, and I am certain that she is well prepared for the challenges of high school. In particular, my family has been impressed with Campus' science teachers. We have also really enjoyed the creative projects completed at the end of each math year. It is truly inspiring to walk into the commons turned "contemporary art museum" when the eighth graders display their scale model projects in May. The students and their eighth grade Social Studies teachers also deserve kudos for a very impressive "20th Amendment" capstone project. For parents, a not-to-be-missed event! Extracurricular activities are available for kids of all interests and talents. For those of us in district, a late bus is available to those who stay late for clubs or academic support. Both my husband and I have volunteered at all grade levels to chaperone field trips. The kids have always been engaged, attentive, and well-behaved. Parent volunteers are numerous, and the staff is friendly and welcoming. My daughter's counselor was supportive and responsive, always returning my calls promptly. My youngest will enter Campus this fall, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Posted December 26, 2012
Both of my children attended Campus after High Plains Elementary. While both the public system after grade 8, I feel that Campust maore than adequately prepared them for theit HS years.

Posted February 08, 2012
I currently go to this school and am in all Honors classes. The teachers do not understand how to make class interesting and we do the same routine every day. I love school but since going here have felt like i was entering prison as I walked in the doors. Most students are bored and we have no motivation to become better. Most students only care about popularity and many people attending this school including I don't believe we can be oursleves. I do not suggest going to this school at all.

Posted May 08, 2011
My daughter has been going to Campus for all the years! She is about to finish 8th grade, and never once has she come home and complain about her school day, nor have I. It is a pleasure to have her be in that school because it is truly a marvelous school! I am one of the many pleased parents who recommend Campus Middle School!

Posted October 16, 2010
My son is at Campus for his 2nd year (7th grade) and I am very happy with the school and teachers. It is a rigorous academic program, and my son is learning the value of being organized in addition to learning. The teachers have been great, very welcoming and interested in the success of the students. They are very available for extra help if needed. We live outside of the Campus neighborhoods at attend by School of Choice. When I attended the incoming 6th graders program I was extremely impressed that all of the 6th grade teachers were there, the Jr National Honor Society, the Jazz Band, and the organization and professionalism of the evening. It was a huge contrast with our neighborhood school Sky Vista. I'm not sure about parent involvement as my schedule and living farther away from the school make it hard to be involved myself.

Posted September 28, 2010
We moved to Denver and chose to live in the Cherry Creek School area because we heard it had the best schools by far. Unfortunately, this statement did not prove true for us. The teachers were marginal at best and the administration is deplorable. If you are looking for a school with teachers and administrators who truly care about the students look elsewhere!

Campus Middle School
4785 South Dayton St, Greenwood Village, CO  80111
Last modified Campus Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Campus Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top