Greenwood Village, CO

Aspen Academy 1

Posted April 28, 2015
I am a current student at aspen and all I can say is worst school of my life. The HOS said she does not want it to be like a prison yet she uses fear for students and teachers saying things such as "Next year the Wi-Fi will be tapped so we can see everything your doing" And she takes things from kids that make them happy and enjoy some parts of school. Over all worst school don't go to Aspen.

Posted April 16, 2015
I was a student at Aspen for a few years. Aspen taught me many things, but most importantly kindness. That other post gave out incorrect information about Aspen. It is a welcoming community and a very friendly place. The head of school missed the graduation not because she wanted to, but because she felt like it was the best choice to help the school and I support her with her decision. Also, the money thing is a total lie. People work very hard to raise money for the school to make it an even better place. The faculty and staff include everyone and make sure everyone feels welcome. Everyone is acknowledged and the teachers work with every student individually to help them with school work and many other things. No school is perfect, but Aspen is pretty darn close.

Aspen Academy 2

Posted April 15, 2015
I was a student at aspen for 6 years. To sum it all up.. Its all fake. Everything that you see on the website or in the press, is fake, it only is for the families that donate money and do what the school wants them to. My family did not do that, we could handle it for a while but after a while you just fad away and all they care about is money. Money and their reputation. I could sit here and write about the countless times Aspen Academy let me and my family down. Out of all the stories the most important one is as simple as this, The head of school did not come to our graduation and she is not coming to the one this year. She was at MIT taking classes for her own personal benefit. Aspen Academy has taught me a lot and there are some amazing teachers there but the politics are insane.

Posted March 16, 2015
Aspen Academy does a fantastic job at knowing each child and their learning differences and how to guide them to excellence. They can academically meet all of my children at their levels in each of their grades. Their teachers are the first line of communication and are always open for conversations, easy ones and tough ones. I have come to them with some concerns and they have been handled very well. Administration is a strong back up for the facutly who teach with love and knowledge. Amazing faculty as a whole. Beautiful campus!

Posted June 23, 2014
We are moving across country and have to leave Aspen Academy. Aspen is a very challenging, but the teachers and administration are sooooo supportive. I loved the experience my children got, I loved the fact that they were pushed and expected to perform. I loved that when they struggled, there was always people to help. I love the philosophy the emphasis on leadership, responsibility, 7 habits and personal accountability. I love the vision of the school and the passionate families, teachers and administrator that embrace and follow it

Posted April 21, 2014
I can't say enough good things about Aspen Academy: the great teachers, the thoughtful, well organized structure, the small class sizes and the parent community. My 12-year old daughter was involved in the selection of Aspen Academy after having a terrible experience at our public middle school. She is thriving now at Aspen and we will be sending our son to 5th grade there in the fall.

Posted December 04, 2013
I have been at Aspen Academy for awhile now, and I have become happier with the school and community each year. Although I admit there were some growing pains (as any new school would have) when I first arrived, I am impressed with the way that Aspen is progressing. The teachers are all driven and care SO strongly about their students. Kristina Scala (the Head of School) is a charismatic leader and her strong visions of character and leadership are evident as you walk through the school. Personally, I like that the head of our school is a skillful business person. I do not worry about school/job security and know that our school is financially stable. Overall, I feel that this school is growing in all the right ways, and it is a nice place for driven individuals and families.

Aspen Academy 4

Posted May 31, 2013
We have been at Aspen for three years and appreciate the education our children have received. No school is perfect and you can't always get what you want. Unfortunately, there are many parents who don't get that and place their frustration of what occurred to them/their kids, on others. To the Feb 11the post, my three children learn very differently and all of their teachers have been able to teach them at their personal levels and individual styles. To the July 25th post, my daughter has experienced bullying too (last year), but when it occurred the head of school spoke with the family. The issue was resolved. What I really appreciate is the fact that my children are known by their teachers, the administration, and staff. To the May 9th post, yes, that post may seem rigid to you but to me it demonstrates the school telling an applicant exactly what is expected. And if you REALLY are a parent from Aspen, then you know the employee who held that position is a gem. Because she adhered to these requests she knew EVERY child, parent, and regularly attending grandparent by name. Personally, I wish there were more schools like Aspen in other states.

Aspen Academy 1

Posted May 09, 2013
This gives you the tone of the school s administration. Text came from an employment ad on Craigslist 5/2013. Very rigid tone. Great if you want hard core, strict, military regime. I'd question how many of the 4 stars are really written by parents. Aspen Academy is committed to providing an intentionally diverse student body Be present at the front desk.... It is prohibited for you to leave the desk at any time, unless you are leaving for your lunch break. Answer all telephone calls by the second ring. Reinforce the school's core values, guiding philosophy, rules, ... hold accountable colleagues in doing the same. Record early dismissals and late arrivals of teachers. Adhere to all rules and regulations which are presently in forced or which may be established later. Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve out of school.

Posted March 09, 2013
Our daughter transferred from a classroom of 32 in public school 3rd grade last year to Aspen Academy of class of 13. Her classroom focus has improved along with her rate of academic progress. Her renewed confidence and determination to excel were nurtured by her well engaged teachers. In the 4th grade the small classes rotate among teachers who are specialists in their subject areas (language arts and reading, math, science including environmental studies, and history). The teachers are enthusiastic and always available to discuss individual students needs with parents and have the time and interest in helping each student excel. Head-of-School Kristina Scala runs a professional program with emphasis on academic rigor and leadership development in all grade levels. While the academic demands on all students are high, the confidence that results from their achievements shows in their faces every day. We are very happy with the choice we made for our daughter.

Aspen Academy