Greenwood Village, CO
Before care: Yes

Aspen Academy 1

Posted June 26, 2014
This school is a glorified scam to take your money and offer nothing in return. Best known for your "character and leadership?" Please. If you're not raising your kid to be a selfish pig, they should know all of this. Sit them down and have them read the 7 Habits book for two days and finish it, then send them to an outdoor challenge center for a weekend and they'll get more out of it than this pathetic program. Do not send your children here. A public middle school will do the same thing.

Posted June 23, 2014
We are moving across country and have to leave Aspen Academy. Aspen is a very challenging, but the teachers and administration are sooooo supportive. I loved the experience my children got, I loved the fact that they were pushed and expected to perform. I loved that when they struggled, there was always people to help. I love the philosophy the emphasis on leadership, responsibility, 7 habits and personal accountability. I love the vision of the school and the passionate families, teachers and administrator that embrace and follow it

Posted April 21, 2014
I can't say enough good things about Aspen Academy: the great teachers, the thoughtful, well organized structure, the small class sizes and the parent community. My 12-year old daughter was involved in the selection of Aspen Academy after having a terrible experience at our public middle school. She is thriving now at Aspen and we will be sending our son to 5th grade there in the fall.

Posted December 04, 2013
I have been at Aspen Academy for awhile now, and I have become happier with the school and community each year. Although I admit there were some growing pains (as any new school would have) when I first arrived, I am impressed with the way that Aspen is progressing. The teachers are all driven and care SO strongly about their students. Kristina Scala (the Head of School) is a charismatic leader and her strong visions of character and leadership are evident as you walk through the school. Personally, I like that the head of our school is a skillful business person. I do not worry about school/job security and know that our school is financially stable. Overall, I feel that this school is growing in all the right ways, and it is a nice place for driven individuals and families.

Aspen Academy 4

Posted May 31, 2013
We have been at Aspen for three years and appreciate the education our children have received. No school is perfect and you can't always get what you want. Unfortunately, there are many parents who don't get that and place their frustration of what occurred to them/their kids, on others. To the Feb 11the post, my three children learn very differently and all of their teachers have been able to teach them at their personal levels and individual styles. To the July 25th post, my daughter has experienced bullying too (last year), but when it occurred the head of school spoke with the family. The issue was resolved. What I really appreciate is the fact that my children are known by their teachers, the administration, and staff. To the May 9th post, yes, that post may seem rigid to you but to me it demonstrates the school telling an applicant exactly what is expected. And if you REALLY are a parent from Aspen, then you know the employee who held that position is a gem. Because she adhered to these requests she knew EVERY child, parent, and regularly attending grandparent by name. Personally, I wish there were more schools like Aspen in other states.

Aspen Academy 1

Posted May 09, 2013
This gives you the tone of the school s administration. Text came from an employment ad on Craigslist 5/2013. Very rigid tone. Great if you want hard core, strict, military regime. I'd question how many of the 4 stars are really written by parents. Aspen Academy is committed to providing an intentionally diverse student body Be present at the front desk.... It is prohibited for you to leave the desk at any time, unless you are leaving for your lunch break. Answer all telephone calls by the second ring. Reinforce the school's core values, guiding philosophy, rules, ... hold accountable colleagues in doing the same. Record early dismissals and late arrivals of teachers. Adhere to all rules and regulations which are presently in forced or which may be established later. Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve out of school.

Posted March 09, 2013
Our daughter transferred from a classroom of 32 in public school 3rd grade last year to Aspen Academy of class of 13. Her classroom focus has improved along with her rate of academic progress. Her renewed confidence and determination to excel were nurtured by her well engaged teachers. In the 4th grade the small classes rotate among teachers who are specialists in their subject areas (language arts and reading, math, science including environmental studies, and history). The teachers are enthusiastic and always available to discuss individual students needs with parents and have the time and interest in helping each student excel. Head-of-School Kristina Scala runs a professional program with emphasis on academic rigor and leadership development in all grade levels. While the academic demands on all students are high, the confidence that results from their achievements shows in their faces every day. We are very happy with the choice we made for our daughter.

Aspen Academy 2

Posted February 11, 2013
our experience at Aspen was mixed. we had some good teachers and several that had never taught before. I expected more from a private school . we had one new teacher that was excellent and two others that couldn't make it happen with the kids. The academic rigor that they promised was not personalized. they simply taught 3rd grade curriculum to 1st and 2nd graders. overall, one thumb down.

Posted November 02, 2012
Aspen Academy is an amazing school that has changed our 5th grade son (he has been at Aspen for 2 years) into a confident learner who is unafraid to ask questions, share ideas and know that he is supported by everyone at the school. To the post on October 31st I would say that a school is ALWAYS what you make of it. The teacher turnover is no higher than any school and all the teachers here are excited about learning and teaching! The teachers are full of energy and excitment and are thrilled to be a part of Aspen! Gossip is a dangerous thing and "tales" are just that, "tales"!! It sounds like you wanted special treatment and suffer from being a "helicopter parent". There is no special treatment at Aspen, it is a community and you get out what you put in. The only rule at school is BE KIND and all the kids know that. Of course children experience exclusion by other kids some times, but the gift is learning to advocate for yourself because you have the self confidence to do so. Good luck to you.

Posted October 31, 2012
A great place for your kids if you want an academically challenging environment that prepares your child for life! The teachers are excellent and care about each child. The parents are terrific - it's a very warm parent community. Each child has his/her own academic plan with differentiated learning for all subjects. Visit for yourself, talk to current parents and kids and see for yourself!

Aspen Academy