Public charter
Greenwood Village, CO

Posted October 29, 2014
CCA is a fantastic school! My son is very bright and is being challenged even in kindergarten. He is learning the same level math as his sister, who is in 3rd grade at our local public elementary school. I really cannot say enough good things about this school! The teachers, staff, and PTO parents are all awesome and all have a very high interest in helping our children and our school succeed. It is beyond organized and the administration staff are very good at their jobs! The principal is a super great guy! We are so grateful to be part of the CCA Family. If I had something negative to say I would absolutely say it, but I don't. Okay, so we really need another parking lot. I am very pleased with the curriculum, environment, and staff! Get your kids on the wait list as soon as they're born!

Cherry Creek Charter Academy 2

Posted August 18, 2014
I just recently graduated from Cherry Creek Academy and both me and my parents couldn't be happier to get out of there. Before assuming that this post is just a student who had a few issues with their teacher, take into account that every single student, as well as most parents, also feel bitterly towards CCA after having an unpleasant middle school experience. When my brother went to Cherry Creek Academy for middle school, the teachers were great. After a faculty change, the quality of learning and fun at the school drastically changed. The middle school teachers behave as gossipy teenage girls, and ask us to respect them. Though teachers have the power in this situation, it's ridiculous to think students will respect you if you have no respect for them. They can be very rude and also need to learn to keep personal problems with students outside of the classroom. Both me as a student, and my parents wish I would've attended a different middle school. Going into high school this year I feel very unprepared both socially and academically. 1 good thing I have to say is the Spanish program is amazing. (Thanks, Sra Alaniz! You were my silver lining.)

Posted July 30, 2014
I feel blessed that our child received a spot at. CCA. Our son is a very active boy so I was afraid it could be too regimented but be actually thrives here and the school does plenty to foster sports and free time so he has plenty of wiggle time. They have gym class throughout elementary and our son participates in the local soccer, flag football/baseball leagues. That is what children do until middle school - and then they have school organized after school sports. I LOVE the uniforms. Sure the initial investment each year can be tough but I know that the savings of only purchasing weekend clothes is immense. Uniforms equalize the children and keep the focus on them and their classes. It's a blessing that our son isn't worried about what brand jeans or expensive jerseys he wants to wear. We participate in the used clothing sale and make money selling our old uniforms and purchase others at a discount. As far as fundraising we experienced our neighbors public school fundraisers which seemed to be non stop - so public, private or charter it's required. The school does require parents to participate but that's why it works - it takes a village and CCA is truly our partner!

Posted July 29, 2014
Im a parent of three children at Cherry Creek Academy & have been a teacher for 17 years grades 4th-8th. The teachers work hard to make sure that everyone succeeds. They offer after school help with math, writing, etc at no charge. It is a very diverse school, they are several different cultures represented at CCA. The classes are smaller but, this gives them more individual student teacher time. The students are in a middle school day starting in 5th grade, they change classes, have lockers, are responsible for keeping track of their grades online & assignments in a planner. They have a school wide reading program that requires students to reach an individual goal by reading both fiction and nonfiction books & taking comprehension test on the computer. My kids get so excited about reading more and reaching their individual goals. There are numerous after school activities, band, choir, computers, math club,etc. They have volleyball, basketball & soccer for 6th-8th grade girls and boys. They play other charter schools in the area. They have a great Spanish program for the kids. I'm impressed with how much Spanish my oldest knows. This is a great school in so many ways.

Cherry Creek Charter Academy 1

Posted March 16, 2014
Uniforms that are way too expensive and if you want to buy used at the uniform sale it is all picked over by the organizers. Do you want to go to a public school but still have to pay inordinate amounts of money? This is the place for you. The principal sees parents and students as $$$. Train to the test? You bet, this is the place where you will learn how TCAPS are administered and how to take them (how has the state/federal not caught this yet?) This school COULD be a shining star in the CCSD BUT they chose to think "It is our way or you are an idiot!" Students learn in unique ways but the staff is trained to keep a chair warm. I would suggest staying away from this school. I made it through but at what cost? Last, after all of it there are volunteer hours, senate, after school activities but relatively little to no emphasis on sports. Sports is how some children shine, they become leaders, they compete to win. If you don't have that competition there is zero outlet for assertive or dominant behavior and the children are expected to "fall in line!" "zero tolerance for bullying!" (which has been shown to be detrimental) Google it and educate yourself with citaion!

Cherry Creek Charter Academy 3

Posted November 06, 2013
The principal is very money hungry. There are fees for everything under the sun. I do not find him warm to the children. The school is run like the military. He even got the students to write a letter to the school board shaking them down for more funding.

Posted September 01, 2013
CCA is a great school. The teachers honestly care about the children; there is a strong academic focus, and the school teaches strong values. It has a limited sports program, but a growing music program. Our daughter loves it there. We strongly recommend it.

Cherry Creek Charter Academy 1

Posted July 18, 2013
I am going into 7th grade, but I've been here since kindergarden. A previous comment was that Cherry Creek Academy had serious bullying problems, which I totally agree to. I have been bullied here, and I don't look weird, have any mental problems, smell bad, etc. but I still get bullied, but not as severely. I'm not going to go into some huge sob story, but I have been punched in the neck, tackled, and plenty of name calling, too. The teachers are ok, they usually don't care about the way-too-strict uniform policy and never seem to notice any of the bullying happening here. Some teachers have told us how much they hate us and how terrible we are. Overall, this school is good academically except for the "math program", Saxon Math. I recommend not going there at all for the middle school, but elementary school is okay. Whether you're in elementary or middle school, though, go to the neighborhood schools instead of this uppity, dramatic, rich, terrible charter school.

Cherry Creek Charter Academy 4

Posted January 26, 2013
Cherry Creek Academy was a good alternative to a mediocre neighborhood school. My kids were bright, but needed to be challenged and CCA does challenge every child to do the best of their ability. It is diverse and the focus is on academics, so it is perfect for average kids as they can thrive academically without as many social distractions. That being said, there is some low level (think annoying sibling type behavior) bullying and in the past, favoritism toward some children and families. Also, your kids can suffer socially as they may not have many friends in their neighborhood. Overall, if you want a focused academic environment for your child, it's a great choice.

Posted November 08, 2012
I am currently in 7th grade, but I went to Cherry Creek Academy from 2nd grade to 6th grade. Cherry Creek Academy is a great school. It will keep your mind going all through out the day. I was a straight A student and I loved being there!

Cherry Creek Charter Academy
6260 South Dayton St, Greenwood Village, CO  80111
Last modified Cherry Creek Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherry Creek Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top