Bad
Good

Posted March 20, 2014
We have loved High Plains. The staff and teachers are excellent. They genuinely care for each student and take the time necessary to make them feel special.

Posted October 24, 2013
High Plains is one the best schools around. The staff is caring and intelligent and the school remains current with curriculum updates. We love it there. My kids are excited about going to school and I feel they are getting a top notch education. My kids are happy and well rounded--what more can I ask for?

Posted October 24, 2013
We moved to the High Plains neighborhood 3 years ago and could not be happier! High Plains is a wonderful school! The teachers are caring, supportive, and always work hard to meet the needs of all of their students.

Posted October 24, 2013
This is such a wonderful, caring school. We are so happy with our decision to send our kids to the neighborhood school!

Posted October 24, 2013
We love High Plains. It is a great school community with wonderful staff and parents. There is a wide variety of diversity at the school, many extracurricular activities that are offered, and a common theme of "students first" among both staff and parents.

Posted October 24, 2013
High Plains Elementary has a tremendous, caring staff. They all are so good about tapping into each childs individual creativity and allow kids to soar with their learning. The kids are so kind to one another and parents are very involved. It's a great place to be!

Posted September 12, 2013
We moved here when my son was in kindergarten and daughter was in 2nd grade. We were very pleased with High Plains Elementary School's warm and caring teachers and staff. There are also always many volunteer parents. Our children thrived at this school and are both doing incredibly well in school which I credit in part to the great foundation that High Plains provides. The school district provides bullying education throughout the district and it is amazing how the kids treat each other. They have a "Caring and Kindness" award for each class which my daughter was excited to be awarded. I'm wondering if there are ulterior motives of another post since being a weekly volunteer at the school I did not witness anything but kindness and respect between students and between students and staff. My children still like to go back and visit their elementary teachers.

Posted August 22, 2013
Great school! The last review is inaccurate! I Wanted to clear up something from the most recent review, which appeared to be written by a student who was there 7 or 8 years ago. My kids have been there for six years and nothing in that review strikes me as even remotely accurate today. The school is fantastic! By and large, my kids have had really positive experiences at the school. They have performed very well in their classes, found much of the work challenging and made great friends. The teachers, staff and principal have all been very accessible and engaged and always willing to take input and suggestions. I have never seen any evidence of bullying or favoritism. The diversity at the school is great because kids see that not everyone looks like them or has the same background. The parents are really involved, but there is no pressure on working parents to be as involved or constantly fundraise. The gifted and talented teacher has also been really helpful in creating additional challenges for kids that need it. I would absolutely recommend the school!

High Plains Elementary School 1

Posted March 21, 2013
High plains is a terrible school. Bullies are rampant in both the children and faculty, teachers actively crush being creative and different, and to top it off the parents are just as bad as the teachers and kids. As a former student I would come home in tears every single day. Bully proofing is a joke at best and the teachers play favorites based on who has the nicest clothes and richest parents. Even without the monstrous staff and student body the school is less than stellar. Children are expected to sit in their desks and do worksheets like mindless robots. Overall as a student who went there I was miserable to the point of being suicidal. Your children probably will be very unhappy too. So do your kids a favor and send them somewhere else. Please. A former student now in senior year at high school

Posted January 30, 2013
We moved to this area specifically for the great schools. After touring Cottonwood, Cherry Creek Academy and Belleview, we loved the atmosphere at High Plains. The principal is wonderful, friendly, approachable and seems to really be moving the school forward. They have fantastic parent involvement, which they take advantage to enhance the children's education. I personally feel they do a good job at meeting the children's different level of abilities, the children who are a little a head are pulled out to meet their needs and given work that is tailored to their ability. If I had a complaint (coming from a parent with gifted children) it is that they focus a little too much on those children who are a little behind. However, I do understand that is necessary. I like the diversity of the school, it seems they are a little more diverse than other schools in this area, both ethnically as well as economically. In short, we are extremely happy here and can't say enough about the staff, from the principal and teachers to the admin. staff.

High Plains Elementary School
6100 South Fulton Street, Greenwood Village, CO  80111
Last modified High Plains Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.