Public charter
Greenwood Village, CO

Posted July 19, 2014
My daughter stsrted at Provost over a year ago. She will be Senior this yesr. She is doing great, her grades went up, the sssignments are great. I'm so glad we found out about Provost Academy, I will be so happy when she graduates, which eill be in spring or fall. Thank you for all you have done for my daughter, this school made a big difference for her, she loves school now :)

Colorado Provost Academy 1

Posted February 27, 2014
Extremely disappointed... Not enough face to face opportunities for students. It seems that the school concentrates on recruiting students for budget purposes. Poor quality.

Posted August 27, 2013
High quality classes and education! One of my daughters is going to Liberty High School here in District 20, but my youngest one prefers to work ahead and on her own schedule. Provost classes are right on track with District 20 high schools, and the education is top notch! It really is a personalized experience for every student. While my daughter used to be a B and C student, she is now straight A's. I can tell she can focus more now that she can sleep in a little later and that no one is around to distract her. Everyone is very nice and supportive, and there are many resources if your student has questions: they can call, text, or e-mail their teachers along with join online tutoring sessions. I wish this option had of been here for me when I was in High School. If your student is able to focus, then they will definitely be successful. As long as they are willing to ask for help when they need it, they will learn and do great; it's all about student commitment.

Posted August 22, 2013
If you're looking to get your child out of the typical classroom where they have to work at everyone else's pace, then Provost is the place to go! I looked at many other options prior to enrolling my daughter here, and this one is definitely one of the best online options for Coloradans. Just like everyone else seemed to mention, your student is very unlikely to get behind because they can make-up school work anytime and anywhere. My daughter has always been academically driven, and she is attempting to get ahead in her classes. It's great for people who have jobs, because you can change the classes to fit your schedule. I would like to point out, that if your child does want to take college classes in High School, Provost will pay for $1000/semester (I know this because I'm enrolling my daughter in Pikes Peak Community next week). We live in District 20 (Colorado Springs), where all the "great" public schools are supposed to be located, but after having my daughter enrolled for two years, I have to say I wasn't that impressed; while they do have wonderful teachers and semi-advanced curriculum, there was no way my daughter could get ahead, and that's exactly what she wants to do.

Posted August 20, 2013
Love it! I received a personal welcome call from the principal and a couple of my teachers the first day I started, and they were very helpful in getting me started. They have what they call "Live learning sessions" (LLS) that students can join (online) to ask questions and get help with different subjects. I love the fact that you ALWAYS have access to classes and you are able to work at your own pace and work ahead. I know of a few people that are attending Provost that plan to graduate early, and all I have heard from them is how much fun it is! They've almost convinced me to try! All the teachers will give you their phone number and e-mail, and give you hours in which they're available by phone. They usually respond to my questions within 24 hours (via both e-mail and text). Everyone is very supportive and understanding. You can expect to spend about three or four hours on courses each day (depending on how fast you work), and then the remaining hour or two that is required as a Colorado standard can be spent reading a book or working ahead in your classes (or anything else that's educational). THIS IS KEY: if you're committed to actually learning, you'll do great!

Posted August 17, 2013
While it did take a little longer than expected to set up my classes, I love it! I plan to graduate early and everyone is very supportive. You have 24/7 access to classes, even on holidays and weekends. Someone is almost always online to answer your questions, they have a forum for every course so you can ask other students for help, and its overall just a really great school. I recommend this to everyone!

Posted April 24, 2013
We have found the school to be extremely organized and responsive to any questions or concerns that we have. The classes are on target with the actual real public schools in our area. I feel my daughter is getting a better education right from the start.

Colorado Provost Academy
7720 East Belleview Avenue, Greenwood Village, CO  80111
Last modified Colorado Provost Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colorado Provost Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top