Highlands Ranch, CO

Posted July 30, 2015
Words cannot express how much I love this school! I have two children that started at Arrowwood in the 3rd grade when we moved into the neighborhood over the summer. Linda Chadrick and Francesca Wilder were new administration at the school last year and did an amazing job. I was nervous as I had read negative reviews and we came from a school where both children had very bad experiences with teachers and staff. When we toured the school the kids said the school "felt right". There is a diversity in the students including hard of hearing programs and students with disabilities that my children were never exposed to at their previous school and I appreciate that. My kids are challenging and we went through a lot of growing pains in our first year there. The entire staff there was beyond supportive and were genuinely invested in helping them succeed. They are excited to return this year and I am grateful we have two more years at Arrowwood before moving on to middle school.

Posted January 02, 2015
I am a former teacher, so I consider myself critical (picky?) about education. My son is in kindergarten now at Arrowwood and we love it! The class size is small, and I love that he is being challenged. He started the year already knowing how to read, but they continue to push him at his own level. I volunteer weekly and have been nothing but impressed with the new principal and office staff. I know every school has its ups and downs and living close to the school, we have heard about many of them. But we are living our experience so far!

Arrowwood Elementary School 2

Posted June 28, 2014
I had to pull my daughter out of this school prior to 6th grade because of the teachers. This is one of the worst schools in DCSD, in my opinion. I had two children go through here and could not take it anymore. A very a bad experience. I make sure to tell all my friends and coworkers.

Posted September 20, 2013
We loved Arrowwood School, my kids are very happy to go to school every day. The teachers are great they really care about the kids.

Posted September 19, 2013
Our family LOVES Arrowwood! The teachers are fantastic! They offer many clubs for all grades online reading writing and math programs. I have two children at Arrowwood currently and I am very happy with our experience. The teachers are outstanding some of the best in the district. The families are wonderful and dedicated as well.

Arrowwood Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2013
Was a parent for 3 years at Arrowwood. Terrible experiences with the administration, many poor teachers, no individualized instruction offered, just educational jargon. Stay away!

Arrowwood Elementary School 3

Posted September 13, 2012
I agree with the last comment, dated August 3, 2011. Arrowwood's policy toward bullying seems to be to try to reform the bully instead of protecting the victims. I wish we could have gotten our child into a charter school instead.

Posted May 07, 2012
Our family LOVES Arrowwood! The teachers are fantastic! They offer many clubs for all grades, online reading, writing and math programs to supplement the curriculum. Many community activities and a strong PTCO. My son experienced a situation with bullying, once the teachers were aware - they took care of it and even the principal stepped in and set things straight. No tolerance for bullies at AWE. Both my children are above grade level in some areas and they are continually challenged to increase their knowledge. AWE is AWEsome!

Arrowwood Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2012
My children have been at AWE for four years. I now have a kindie there too. I disagree with the bullying, bad language and not helping your child excel. I am in the school volunteering often and don't see that and my children are very open with my husband and me. They state how bullying isn't tolerated. My oldest son is very smart and they push him incredibly. He's in extra activities to make sure he's excelling. This school is great. I'm glad it goes to 6th grade because I feel it's protected my 6th grader from cursing, impurity and bullying that's everywhere in middle school now. I appreciate the extra clubs they have this year. Even for the youngest children.

Posted January 06, 2012
Great school. Excellent teachers, excellent office staff. The new principal, especially, is a huge asset to the school. We love our neighborhood school!

Arrowwood Elementary School
10345 Arrowwood Dr, Highlands Ranch, CO  80130
Last modified Arrowwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arrowwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top