Highlands Ranch, CO

Arrowwood Elementary School 2

Posted June 28, 2014
I had to pull my daughter out of this school prior to 6th grade because of the teachers. This is one of the worst schools in DCSD, in my opinion. I had two children go through here and could not take it anymore. A very a bad experience. I make sure to tell all my friends and coworkers.

Posted September 20, 2013
We loved Arrowwood School, my kids are very happy to go to school every day. The teachers are great they really care about the kids.

Posted September 19, 2013
Our family LOVES Arrowwood! The teachers are fantastic! They offer many clubs for all grades online reading writing and math programs. I have two children at Arrowwood currently and I am very happy with our experience. The teachers are outstanding some of the best in the district. The families are wonderful and dedicated as well.

Arrowwood Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2013
Was a parent for 3 years at Arrowwood. Terrible experiences with the administration, many poor teachers, no individualized instruction offered, just educational jargon. Stay away!

Arrowwood Elementary School 3

Posted September 13, 2012
I agree with the last comment, dated August 3, 2011. Arrowwood's policy toward bullying seems to be to try to reform the bully instead of protecting the victims. I wish we could have gotten our child into a charter school instead.

Posted May 07, 2012
Our family LOVES Arrowwood! The teachers are fantastic! They offer many clubs for all grades, online reading, writing and math programs to supplement the curriculum. Many community activities and a strong PTCO. My son experienced a situation with bullying, once the teachers were aware - they took care of it and even the principal stepped in and set things straight. No tolerance for bullies at AWE. Both my children are above grade level in some areas and they are continually challenged to increase their knowledge. AWE is AWEsome!

Arrowwood Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2012
My children have been at AWE for four years. I now have a kindie there too. I disagree with the bullying, bad language and not helping your child excel. I am in the school volunteering often and don't see that and my children are very open with my husband and me. They state how bullying isn't tolerated. My oldest son is very smart and they push him incredibly. He's in extra activities to make sure he's excelling. This school is great. I'm glad it goes to 6th grade because I feel it's protected my 6th grader from cursing, impurity and bullying that's everywhere in middle school now. I appreciate the extra clubs they have this year. Even for the youngest children.

Posted January 06, 2012
Great school. Excellent teachers, excellent office staff. The new principal, especially, is a huge asset to the school. We love our neighborhood school!

Arrowwood Elementary School 2

Posted August 03, 2011
Arrowwod has a few excellent teachers; however, most lack acceptable teaching skills and classroom control. The school tolerates a lot of unacceptable student behavior such as classroom outbursts, bullying, bad language, and lack of focus. Class sizes are enormous. Field trips are chaotic due to large numbers. The school seems to be OK if your child is in need of special assistance. If your child is average or above average, he/ she will not be challenged.

Posted August 03, 2011
My kids and I love this school! Do your own research - the test scores are not poor, bullying is not tollerated, Douglas county schools have opened enrollment for all schools so of course, if there is room, they will accept students from other neighborhoods & districts - the school gets money based on the number of students. Great school - absolutely no regrets!

Arrowwood Elementary School
10345 Arrowwood Dr, Highlands Ranch, CO  80130
Last modified Arrowwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arrowwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top