Posted September 08, 2013
We are so pleased with Mountain Ridge Middle School. The teachers are upbeat, available and professional, the administration is supportive and the parents are involved without being overbearing. My husband and I are very happy with the integrated use of technology, as well as the collaborative projects and practical application of new concepts. We also like the way this large school divides the students into teams or "pods" of 150 or so kids who stay in their designated area of the school. This allows the teachers and the students to have the advantages of both a large school and a smaller learning environment. More important than our satisfaction is that our child is happy at Mountain Ridge, too. Of course there are grumbles; it IS middle school after all! Still, our 8th grader comes home eager to share the day's experiences and with very few complaints. Three of our student's favorite things are: (1) the ACCESS program (2) the lunches and (3) the use of smart-phones for research in class!

Posted July 21, 2011
My kids have thrived at this school. It's true there is little communication between parents and teachers, but that is how it should be in middle school! I am glad that my kids are learning to take responsibility for their own schooling, and not rely on me to tell them when their next project is due. The parent portal provides detailed information on schedules and assignments so parents can be as hands-on, or -off, as they want. My kids' teachers have always been responsive when I email them if I need further information. We love this school!

Posted April 05, 2011
I continue to hear wonderful comments about the students, programs, activities, and staff! I find it odd that the community does not support school funding! Who supported them during their educational years? The staff should be commended on making the AYP year after year, but with class sizes increasing this might change. Celebrate your success and plan for the future needs!

Posted November 03, 2009

Mountain Ridge Middle School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The community support and also the individual support found within the staff is incredible. It is an incredible school!!!

Posted January 28, 2009

Posted August 26, 2008
The real picture in this middle school is there is no communication between the school and parents. The counselors need better training for 'today's kids'. There is not enough supervision after school, so there tends to be lots of student fights. The office help borders on rude. Judgements are made quickly towards students and parents. Do not recommend.

Posted May 19, 2008

Mountain Ridge Middle School 4

Posted January 16, 2008
Really good school. Challenging, positive, safe and fun! Would be a five, but we have problems with communication with one teacher. Also, the parking lot design is terrible for pick up time after school.

Posted December 30, 2007

Mountain Ridge Middle School
10590 Monte Vista Way, Highlands Ranch, CO  80126
Last modified Mountain Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Ridge Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top