School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Copper Mesa was awarded the Governor's Distinguished Improvement Award again this year! We've received this award since 2010. It is our collaborative partnership between school and home and enables us to create successful learning experiences for our students. Way to go Copper Mesa Cougars!
February 04, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

I have a child in half day kinder this year and he is thriving and learning so much. He begs me every day to let him go to school all day because he loves school. I know this is a reflection of the teacher helping him find a love for learning. He raves about the PE teacher and the librarian too. He even tells me the lunchroom lady is nice to him and helps him when he buys lunch. I am so happy to be at Copper Mesa.

We have had our share of good and bad at CME. The 1/2 kindergarten teacher is getting worse every year. No one will address the issue because the school can't keep administration for more than 1/2 a year! If you are looking at kindergarten, make sure you get the full day class. Preschool, and 1st, and 2nd were amazing. There are many happy, hardworking teachers here who are wonderful! CME just needs a principle to match! Once that happens, I am sure they will clean up the people that are there for the benefits and paycheck. The sense of community is great, people walk, and parents are volunteering all day, everyday.

I have the privilege of serving as a Sr. Community Member on the SAC. This second time around allows me to appreciate those who served as Sr. members when my kids were in school in a nearby district. I have observed an amazing staff, parent group and principal all working together- all for the main point benefit central to the kids.. I know for a fact that most schools have difficulty recruiting parents and community to fill in where district and state cannot. The Copper Mesa SAC and CMEA also work closely together. Realizing that all kids are uniquely created, CME does a fabulous job of placing and serving kids to best meet their needs within the allotted/restricted budget and grade level requirements. It is refreshing to be in a community of such caring people and have a 'positive vision' some of our next generation!

Copper Mesa is a wonderful that provides a fabulous learning experience and creates a warm, caring, and fun place to learn. Copper Mesa is great place to be a part of each day.

I Love this school! My children LOVE this school! We moved to this neighborhood specifically for this school 10 years ago! There has been some difficulties over the past 2 years with staff turnover, ( due to the school district leadership) but in the end, after all is said and done, my 2 kids come home very happy and have learned life skills that are taught on a daily basis! The front office staff ,aka "The Three Amigos" are amazing!! The school is the center of the community! I would highly recommend checking Copper Mesa out!

We've been at Copper Mesa since 2010-2011 and have thoroughly enjoyed having my kids there! It's a great neighborhood school that has a very strong sense of community. While we have seen some turnover, it's not always for the worst. As a 10 yr. old school, it's inevitable. I feel very positive about my family being part of the Copper Mesa Family and recommend it highly to those looking at their choice.

Copper Mesa is a school that has demonstrated amazing resiliency over the last several years due to staff and administrative turnover. District leadership does not support this school, but the community has rallied around the school to provide a quality education for the students. The staff and kids are great. Thank you, Copper Mesa staff for hanging in there!

The staff here is downright mean. They thrive on being bossy and rude and snap at parents. This school needs to clean house from Principal (done) on down. Word is spreading this is going to be done.

As others have stated for years about this school, it has a serious problem with flat out intentional rudeness by some of the front office staff. Very unprofessional. The school has a new principal and she said the parents have no say about it and then becomes hostile against those who voice concern. The staff does have one redeeming person usually nice so some positive posts expected.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted February 04, 2015

Last modified Copper Mesa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.