Highlands Ranch, CO

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Copper Mesa was awarded the Governor's Distinguished Improvement Award again this year! We've received this award since 2010. It is our collaborative partnership between school and home and enables us to create successful learning experiences for our students. Way to go Copper Mesa Cougars!
February 04, 2015

Posted May 21, 2015
I have the privilege of serving as a Sr. Community Member on the SAC. This second time around allows me to appreciate those who served as Sr. members when my kids were in school in a nearby district. I have observed an amazing staff, parent group and principal all working together- all for the main point benefit central to the kids.. I know for a fact that most schools have difficulty recruiting parents and community to fill in where district and state cannot. The Copper Mesa SAC and CMEA also work closely together. Realizing that all kids are uniquely created, CME does a fabulous job of placing and serving kids to best meet their needs within the allotted/restricted budget and grade level requirements. It is refreshing to be in a community of such caring people and have a 'positive vision' some of our next generation!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 20, 2015
Our students are very respectful because they use their life skills each and everyday in all situations.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 20, 2015
Copper Mesa is a school that is very safe, has extremely compassionate staff, from the front office staff to the building manager.

Posted May 20, 2015
Copper Mesa is a wonderful that provides a fabulous learning experience and creates a warm, caring, and fun place to learn. Copper Mesa is great place to be a part of each day.

Posted May 20, 2015
I Love this school! My children LOVE this school! We moved to this neighborhood specifically for this school 10 years ago! There has been some difficulties over the past 2 years with staff turnover, ( due to the school district leadership) but in the end, after all is said and done, my 2 kids come home very happy and have learned life skills that are taught on a daily basis! The front office staff ,aka "The Three Amigos" are amazing!! The school is the center of the community! I would highly recommend checking Copper Mesa out!

Posted May 20, 2015
We have been at the school for a few years now and have been so pleased with all aspects of the school. Everyone from the cafeteria workers to the custodian to the administration to the teachers create a friendly atmosphere for students and their families. Every year my child comes home excited to be at school and often times sad to come home. She has even asked if we are related to her teacher because she wants to see her even when she's not in her class any more. All the teachers we have worked with care about their students and the growth of each student. They truly want the best for each student. This shows in the choices and actions of the administration as well. We look forward to our younger child starting at Copper Mesa in 2 more years as well.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 20, 2015
This is demonstrated in the classes where students with differing needs are in class especially. I have seen the kids protect and guide their own as they navigate the day. One year at field day they cheered the strongest and loudest for those kids that would have more difficulty in completing the events. I think it's teaching a valuable lesson in that way.

Posted May 20, 2015
We've been at Copper Mesa since 2010-2011 and have thoroughly enjoyed having my kids there! It's a great neighborhood school that has a very strong sense of community. While we have seen some turnover, it's not always for the worst. As a 10 yr. old school, it's inevitable. I feel very positive about my family being part of the Copper Mesa Family and recommend it highly to those looking at their choice.

Posted May 20, 2015
Copper Mesa is a school that has demonstrated amazing resiliency over the last several years due to staff and administrative turnover. District leadership does not support this school, but the community has rallied around the school to provide a quality education for the students. The staff and kids are great. Thank you, Copper Mesa staff for hanging in there!

Copper Mesa Elementary School 1

Posted April 29, 2015
The staff here is downright mean. They thrive on being bossy and rude and snap at parents. This school needs to clean house from Principal (done) on down. Word is spreading this is going to be done.

3501 Poston Parkway, Highlands Ranch, CO  80126
Last modified Copper Mesa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copper Mesa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top