Highlands Ranch, CO

Posted June 14, 2015
Coyote Creek continues to find ways to keep up with the changing world through innovative instructional practices happening in their classrooms. I'm very excited about the new Lego education kits coming in this year with Robotics!! I'm hearing that some parents and teachers are grumbling about these changes - but the leadership is right on with their continued focus on evolving for the 21st century. I'd like to see more differentiated instruction happening for my child throughout the day, and more challenging assignments that are personalized. As a district employee at another school, I know the expectations of the district and what should be happening in classrooms, and am happy to see that things are beginning to shift at CCE as well. It's not easy - but it's the right thing to do. Glad our neighborhood school is doing the right things for our kids.

Coyote Creek Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 13, 2015
Their Leader in Me focus is outstanding and kids learn the 7 habits of highly effective people.

Posted May 28, 2015
This school is amazing! The principal, Gigi Whalen, took great care of a potential bullying problem with my daughter. She nipped it right in the bud and they were all able to learn and grow from the experience. This Assistant principal is equally amazing. Kudos to the administration and teachers!

Coyote Creek Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2015
Coyote Creek continues to get better and better each year!! Not only is the staff great, the principal continues to find ways to bring new things into the school - Lego Education kits are next - and we are so excited about the STEM aspect of this. It's what our kids need!! Coyote Creek is a great school and I feel my kids are thriving there. At times the teachers do have too many worksheets, as someone else mentioned, but they seem to be moving away from this and doing more hands on activities that get kids to think deeper - which is what we want!! Again, a great school!! Can't wait to see what happens next year!!

Posted June 17, 2013
Coyote Creek is a great elementary school. The school staff and parents are welcoming and very involved. Principal Whalen has brought so many new innovative ideas to make our school even better. I have truly been happy with the education my son has gotten in the last two years. We are happy to send all of our children through Coyote creek and look forward to the many years we will be a part of this community.

Coyote Creek Elementary School 3

Posted April 24, 2013
I would rate this school mediocre. I don't feel the quality of instruction is high based on the amount of worksheets (busy work) that come home. There needs to be an effective teacher in EVERY classroom. Giving students worksheets to complete when they finish their initial task isn't pushing them to go deeper with their thinking.

Posted November 30, 2012
CCE is an amazing school! The parent involvement is high and the community outreach is great. This year the school started teaching Leader In Me which is 7 Habits for children. It s a life changing program and will only make the school and students better year after year. The new principle has really improved the school. She has initiated many wonderful programs like Outdoor Ed, student garden, and Spanish as part of the daily curriculum. She has also prioritized learned by keeping the teacher/student ratio down. The teachers really care about the students and you can tell by how happy they are when they return home each day. CCE has improved tremendously over the past two years. We are proud to be a part of this school!

Posted August 18, 2012
Great things are happening at Coyote Creek. The leadership at this school is wonderful. The principal, Mrs. Whalen, has already brought so much to this school in the short time she has been there. The school is in the process of becoming a Leader in Me school which follows the Covey's 7 habits. Great school, great leadership, great teachers, great families.

Coyote Creek Elementary School 4

Posted April 15, 2012
I have been so pleased with the direction this school is heading under the new leadership of Principal Whalen. She is approachable, willing to listen, and appears to have greatly improved the morale in the building. I am excited to see where she takes this school in the coming years. Don't hesitate to send your child to CCE. This school is just beginning to reach it's full potential. Great things are happening here and it will only get better as more and more parents get involved.

Posted August 08, 2011
I have 2 girls that have attended Coyote Creek from K thru 5th grade. I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of education and especially the quality of teachers. With the unfavorable economic turn that has impacted all schools, we have been forced to come up with alternative funding solutions. This is where the PTO, and SAC committee's have been great simply brilliant. The parent involvement in their kid s education has been key to success in this school that has seen it's fair share of cutbacks and teacher reductions. Administration has changed twice, but for the better each time. We have awesome leadership, and a safe environment. I highly recommend this school to any parents considering an open enrollment or relocation to the 80129. These kids are well prepared. The CSAP scores are well above average. Also, CCE is one of very few nut free schools. Children with severe nut allergies can be assured that their health and safety free from nuts in the environment is protected. Some of the previous negative comments regarding the principal / administration are based on a previous principal that was replaced due to philosophical indifference. Today all is well!

Coyote Creek Elementary School
2861 Baneberry Court, Highlands Ranch, CO  80129
Last modified Coyote Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coyote Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top