Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Coyote Creek is fantastic and I highly recommend it! The school is so welcoming, loving and teaches kids to be leaders through 7 daily habits, i.e. be proactive, sharpen the saw, etc. The teachers truly care about their students and make sure to change their teaching styles to each child's needs. The PTO is great and highly involved. The principal is available and very approachable. Overall, we are so happy our kids are in this school and I would recommend anyone to enroll their children.

The principal is an ineffective leader. She bullies teachers and parents on a regular basis. She does not have relationships with her students, is very unprofessional and has made this school decline tremendously. The culture and climate at this school is horrible. Look at the TELL survey results. I would not recommend any teacher work here, or family go here because of how bad administration is.

Coyote Creek continues to find ways to keep up with the changing world through innovative instructional practices happening in their classrooms. I'm very excited about the new Lego education kits coming in this year with Robotics!! I'm hearing that some parents and teachers are grumbling about these changes - but the leadership is right on with their continued focus on evolving for the 21st century. I'd like to see more differentiated instruction happening for my child throughout the day, and more challenging assignments that are personalized. As a district employee at another school, I know the expectations of the district and what should be happening in classrooms, and am happy to see that things are beginning to shift at CCE as well. It's not easy - but it's the right thing to do. Glad our neighborhood school is doing the right things for our kids.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Their Leader in Me focus is outstanding and kids learn the 7 habits of highly effective people.

This school is amazing! The principal, Gigi Whalen, took great care of a potential bullying problem with my daughter. She nipped it right in the bud and they were all able to learn and grow from the experience. This Assistant principal is equally amazing. Kudos to the administration and teachers!

Coyote Creek continues to get better and better each year!! Not only is the staff great, the principal continues to find ways to bring new things into the school - Lego Education kits are next - and we are so excited about the STEM aspect of this. It's what our kids need!! Coyote Creek is a great school and I feel my kids are thriving there. At times the teachers do have too many worksheets, as someone else mentioned, but they seem to be moving away from this and doing more hands on activities that get kids to think deeper - which is what we want!! Again, a great school!! Can't wait to see what happens next year!!

Coyote Creek is a great elementary school. The school staff and parents are welcoming and very involved. Principal Whalen has brought so many new innovative ideas to make our school even better. I have truly been happy with the education my son has gotten in the last two years. We are happy to send all of our children through Coyote creek and look forward to the many years we will be a part of this community.

I would rate this school mediocre. I don't feel the quality of instruction is high based on the amount of worksheets (busy work) that come home. There needs to be an effective teacher in EVERY classroom. Giving students worksheets to complete when they finish their initial task isn't pushing them to go deeper with their thinking.

CCE is an amazing school! The parent involvement is high and the community outreach is great. This year the school started teaching Leader In Me which is 7 Habits for children. It s a life changing program and will only make the school and students better year after year. The new principle has really improved the school. She has initiated many wonderful programs like Outdoor Ed, student garden, and Spanish as part of the daily curriculum. She has also prioritized learned by keeping the teacher/student ratio down. The teachers really care about the students and you can tell by how happy they are when they return home each day. CCE has improved tremendously over the past two years. We are proud to be a part of this school!

Great things are happening at Coyote Creek. The leadership at this school is wonderful. The principal, Mrs. Whalen, has already brought so much to this school in the short time she has been there. The school is in the process of becoming a Leader in Me school which follows the Covey's 7 habits. Great school, great leadership, great teachers, great families.

Last modified Coyote Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.