Highlands Ranch, CO

Northridge Elementary School 1

Posted June 16, 2015
The principal here is rude to parents. The teachers are allowed to do whatever they like regardless of strong parental negative feedback. Parents who stand up for their kids will be treated badly. My son was bullied for 4 months there, as were other children, while the principal tried to say it was all in his head! I've never hated a school like this one, I cringe just hearing her voice. The sixth grade teachers are horrible. They don't teach - for math, you get huge packets of worksheets. English and math are also completely on computers except for these huge packets. ReadingPlus is a horrible program that causes headaches and doesn't align with the mental model of reading (skip back to improve comprehension) - as a usability engineer with an MS in this field, I voiced these expert opinions - the principal could care less. I am desperately trying to find another place for my son - my daughter just barely survived sixth grade there, and he would have the same "teachers". My daughter is a cute, athletic, fun-loving, comedic gal who makes friends everywhere, except Northridge, where the girls will ask you whether you're a Republican and who your parents voted for. She eventually found some good male friends, and the kids loved the Chinese teacher, but for the rest, unless they get rid of the horrible principal and 6th grade teachers, I would beware.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 16, 2015
My sixth grader knew more, was more confident and fun-loving before entering this horrible place. She has bounced around as we've moved, but always integrated. Not here - here, if you didn't start in K-2 here, then you shouldn't bother coming. It should have stayed a track school and left the language to another school. Sad that it's the only one w/language :(

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted June 16, 2015
My second grader got nothing. My sixth grader got huge worksheets for math, basically doing the same thing over and over again, trying to boost test scores. The kids do 1 solid month of testing, plus various other tests that have nothing to do with schoolwork!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 16, 2015
Beware coming into this school as a sixth-grade girl. The girls here are just mean, and bullied my daughter's best guy friend for being friends with her!! Just because she wouldn't allow them to control her own friendships. Horrible place, horrible girls, horrible principal, horrible teachers.

Posted January 15, 2015
We have moved around a lot for work and this is by far the friendliest and most academically rigorous school our kids have ever been in. You can feel the love that the teachers and administration have for kids when you walk in the door, and you can tell that they have high expectations for children by listening to the type of conversation that the kids have with one another and their teachers. Thank you Northridge.

Posted November 03, 2014
I didn't realize how exceptional this school was until we left (moved out of state). The teachers meet students at whatever level they are at and work with them to excel from whatever the starting point is. Academically this school is top-notch. It gets the outstanding scores for a reason.

Posted April 18, 2014
This school provides so many different avenues for kids to learn! It is one of the only Douglas County schools with a Discovery program for talented and gifted kids. My daughter is in discovery and has had amazing teachers since Kinder.

Posted December 09, 2013
My family loves Northridge. I have a kindergartner and a third grader. After three and a half years at this school, I have had nothing but positive experiences with the school, the teachers, and the administration. Mrs Morris (the principal) is so passionate about her students and keeping the school heading in the right direction. The teachers are all amazing. There are plenty of opportunities for volunteering, lots of extra curricular options, help for students at all levels, and many community events to create an atmosphere of inclusiveness. It's an amazing place to be and everyone in my family is thrilled to be a part of such a great neighborhood school.

Posted August 01, 2012
I am so grateful for Northridge!! Just in half a year at this school my son has begun to improve scholastically and socially. Both my 1st grader and kindergarten student were welcomed in mid year and the teachers were more than I could have imagined. Both teachers were Attentive, easy to talk to and the communication was excellent on all levels. My son's 1st grade teacher was outstanding and spent extra time helping him catch up and my daughters teacher was wonderful she loved her class and learned so much. I open enrolled my kids here and are so thankful they were accepted in. The principle is committed and communicates effectively and in a timely manner. She is a very sincere person. Parents are friendly and welcoming , so many school activities and functions , parent participation, academics that nurture each child. So pleased with this school!!!! Outstanding all around Northridge !! Thank you!

Posted December 09, 2011
Northridege has been the best thing that has happend to our boys! We have moved from state to state due to my husbands job and the level of education we are recieving at this school far exceeds the rest! The teachers go out of their way to make sure each child is succesful, understanding the material, and to top it off they make it fun! My 2nd grader is having a blast, my Kindergartner is writting, reading, doing math, and even a bit of spanish! What more could you ask for? Northridge has it all! I love this school and more importantly my boys love this school!!! Hats off to Elizabeth Morris and her team they get an A+

555 South Park Rd, Highlands Ranch, CO  80126
Last modified Northridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northridge Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top