Highlands Ranch, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted November 03, 2014
I didn't realize how exceptional this school was until we left (moved out of state). The teachers meet students at whatever level they are at and work with them to excel from whatever the starting point is. Academically this school is top-notch. It gets the outstanding scores for a reason.

Posted April 18, 2014
This school provides so many different avenues for kids to learn! It is one of the only Douglas County schools with a Discovery program for talented and gifted kids. My daughter is in discovery and has had amazing teachers since Kinder.

Posted December 09, 2013
My family loves Northridge. I have a kindergartner and a third grader. After three and a half years at this school, I have had nothing but positive experiences with the school, the teachers, and the administration. Mrs Morris (the principal) is so passionate about her students and keeping the school heading in the right direction. The teachers are all amazing. There are plenty of opportunities for volunteering, lots of extra curricular options, help for students at all levels, and many community events to create an atmosphere of inclusiveness. It's an amazing place to be and everyone in my family is thrilled to be a part of such a great neighborhood school.

Posted August 01, 2012
I am so grateful for Northridge!! Just in half a year at this school my son has begun to improve scholastically and socially. Both my 1st grader and kindergarten student were welcomed in mid year and the teachers were more than I could have imagined. Both teachers were Attentive, easy to talk to and the communication was excellent on all levels. My son's 1st grade teacher was outstanding and spent extra time helping him catch up and my daughters teacher was wonderful she loved her class and learned so much. I open enrolled my kids here and are so thankful they were accepted in. The principle is committed and communicates effectively and in a timely manner. She is a very sincere person. Parents are friendly and welcoming , so many school activities and functions , parent participation, academics that nurture each child. So pleased with this school!!!! Outstanding all around Northridge !! Thank you!

Posted December 09, 2011
Northridege has been the best thing that has happend to our boys! We have moved from state to state due to my husbands job and the level of education we are recieving at this school far exceeds the rest! The teachers go out of their way to make sure each child is succesful, understanding the material, and to top it off they make it fun! My 2nd grader is having a blast, my Kindergartner is writting, reading, doing math, and even a bit of spanish! What more could you ask for? Northridge has it all! I love this school and more importantly my boys love this school!!! Hats off to Elizabeth Morris and her team they get an A+

Posted November 09, 2011
We only had one teacher at Northridge, Mrs. Jamison (K), before we moved away .... so I can only comment on her. But we miss her still. She had an incredible ability to challenge my son while still accommodating the needs of the kids who were struggling. Who knew my child could exit K knowing how to write a paragraph with a topic sentence and knowing the importance of adding strong adjectives to his sentences?! My younger child started K in a different state and I wish we could send her back to Mrs. Jamison.

Posted April 01, 2011
Northridge is a wonderful school in which to teach and learn. My three children attended Northridge and were well prepared for their life after elementary school. Every teacher they had was excellent. They were warm, caring, creative, and highly motivated to do what was right for kids. This is still the case. Over the years I have taught in many different schools. The Northridge community, including staff, administration, and parents, has been, without doubt, the most supportive and caring group I have ever had the pleasure of working with. We believe in the 3 R's of education: rigor, relevance, and relationships. All of these are apparent daily in dealings with our students and their families.

Posted April 01, 2011
I feel lucky to have purchased a home in the Northridge attendance boundary. I have kids on both ends of the academic spectrum. They were able to challenge by "bright" child as well as support my "struggling" one. Both kids are thriving based on the foundation set by Northridge. I never felt like CSAP's trumped all at NRE. As a matter of fact- the ability to do well on a standardized test is a survival skill these days- thankfully the teachers taught the test taking strategies necessary for my kids to be able to show what they know. ACT/SAT/on-line pre-employment testing is all a reality of life- learning test taking skills in the week leading up to CSAP is in no way "teaching to the test"-its preparation and I am thankful my kids learned it.

Posted March 31, 2011
I have 2 girls at NRE. We have been there for 5 yr now. I have nothing but high praise for this school. Every one of their teachers, have been excellent. I appreciate all of the diverse learning styles that each of the teachers bring to NR. It is a great life lesson for my girls to learn, and they have loved each of them. I wish i could name names. My daughter has had the priveledge to have one of the runner ups of the Apple Award for a teacher this yr. He is a awesome teacher......I think 99% of the parents would agree with me.

Posted January 12, 2011
I have three kids and we have been attending Northridge for almost 4 years now. The teachers are loving, intelligent and engaging. The principal is accessible and the school has a gret atmosphere. This school has a gifted program as well as special education services. They have a preschool and before and after school care. With the exception of one 1st grade teacher, we have had all amazing teachers and my kids love going to school every day. We bought a house in this neighborhood simply so Northridge could be our home school!

Northridge Elementary School
555 South Park Rd, Highlands Ranch, CO  80126
Last modified Northridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northridge Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top