Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Sand Creek Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 23, 2015
I want to thank all of our teachers, especially my children's teachers, for all that they give to our kids. Our school marches on, no matter what the circumstances. They have a mission to reach every learner, and they work to find a way. Thank you!

Sand Creek Elementary School 1

Posted August 27, 2014
Our son went to this school for a year and started his 6th grade year this August 12. Our child had Autism and on an IEP. When this school decided to take him on Outdoor Education trip we were VERY hesitant. Our child has many sensory issues and has not eaten a hot lunch a day in his life. We were informed to send meals along with him and he would be fed those meals. We were told if he needed to call his parents at anytime during the trip he could! We send our son along thinking all would then go well... NOT the case when he was STARVED and NOT fed the meals we sent with him. He also tried to call us on a teacher cell phone because he was SCARED and STARVING and dropped call. NOT one teacher cared to find him a working phone. Not one teacher noticed he had been stimming so badly his face was bleeding when he arrived home. We have taken proper action to make sure this policy will be changed for outdoor ed and this will hopefully NEVER happen to another child. Our son has lost all trust in the school and will not return!

Posted August 04, 2013
As a new school year quickly approaches, our children are excited to get back to Sand Creek. We have a fantastic school full of energy that's contageous! I have read some of the other reviews and while I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, some of the negative reviews pertain to struggles that all schools and children face, yet Sand Creek addresses those well with a collaborative effort from parents and families. Problems can only be addressed when parents and schools work together to establish/maintain a fostering environment for students. Hats off to Sand Creek for a job well done!

Sand Creek Elementary School 3

Posted March 06, 2013
Our daughter attended this school, and although the teachers and school were great, her classmates were not. They were very clic-y already even though they were only in the 3rd grade, they wouldn't be friends with her because we were not in a particular neighborhood. They were not very accepting and very judgmental.

Posted March 01, 2013
I have a Kindergardener and a 3rd grader here, and I'm very pleased not only with the school itself, but also with its great staff and the education they're receiving. Sure, some teachers are better than others - but so far we haven't had a 'bad' one. The principle is wonderful, and the assistant principle is even better. Very communicative and responsive, and quick to try to help. The website is very useful and all in all, I think they' re really doing a great job.

Posted December 31, 2012
I feel that parent volunteerism is more organized due to online sign up schedules. This has lead to increased participation over past years. I give this school a 5 star rating.

Posted May 26, 2012
Incredible school in a great neighborhood. the school is always super clean and in great condition. the teachers and staff are great and you can tell they really care. I am VERY happy that my 2 kids are going to this school.

Sand Creek Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2012
Over crowded classrooms, under funded school doing the best they can with more cuts coming. Frustrating experience!

Posted January 10, 2012
I have a kindergartener at SCE and she loves going to school every day. The teachers are invested in the students, classes are diverse, and the staff truly cares. The school is integrated into the community and the school grounds are great. Open space, multiple playgrounds, and clean. SCE takes care of the overachieving students as well as ones that need extra help. Can t wait for our future years.

Posted December 09, 2011
I can't say enough about Sand Creek Elementary. I have a 2nd and 3rd grader and have been very pleased with the strong leadership provided by the Principal and Vice Principal. They are approachable and listen/act on parent input. The teachers are phenomenal. They have motivated my children, taught to their learning style, and challenged them by providing ability grouping in the classroom. They have also routinely assessed them for high learning potential and admitted them into challenge groups when appropriate. I greatly appreciate the open door policy of this school environment. I feel welcome to stop by anytime and volunteers are always utilized and appreciated in the classroom. My children love going school. There has not been a day that they have lacked excitement to go learn. They rave about Music, Art, Gym, and Technology. They enjoy the after school opportunities such as chess club and theatre. SCE really strives to meet the needs of each individual child and I feel very fortunate to be a part of the SCE community.

Sand Creek Elementary School
8898 South Maplewood Drive, Highlands Ranch, CO  80126
Last modified Sand Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.