Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Daily evidence of bullying means that NOT ONLY my child is afraid to come to school, but our neighborhood children have been sharing stories of similar problems when we as parents have met.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Administrators turn a blind eye to bullying.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Bullying is rampant at all grade levels,

Teachers and Administrators: stop turning a BLIND EYE to bullying. My child has incessantly been bullied and threatened all year, and you have done nothing. My child is afraid to go to school, despite your being told about the problem.

Our son went to this school for a year and started his 6th grade year this August 12. Our child had Autism and on an IEP. When this school decided to take him on Outdoor Education trip we were VERY hesitant. Our child has many sensory issues and has not eaten a hot lunch a day in his life. We were informed to send meals along with him and he would be fed those meals. We were told if he needed to call his parents at anytime during the trip he could! We send our son along thinking all would then go well... NOT the case when he was STARVED and NOT fed the meals we sent with him. He also tried to call us on a teacher cell phone because he was SCARED and STARVING and dropped call. NOT one teacher cared to find him a working phone. Not one teacher noticed he had been stimming so badly his face was bleeding when he arrived home. We have taken proper action to make sure this policy will be changed for outdoor ed and this will hopefully NEVER happen to another child. Our son has lost all trust in the school and will not return!

As a new school year quickly approaches, our children are excited to get back to Sand Creek. We have a fantastic school full of energy that's contageous! I have read some of the other reviews and while I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, some of the negative reviews pertain to struggles that all schools and children face, yet Sand Creek addresses those well with a collaborative effort from parents and families. Problems can only be addressed when parents and schools work together to establish/maintain a fostering environment for students. Hats off to Sand Creek for a job well done!

Our daughter attended this school, and although the teachers and school were great, her classmates were not. They were very clic-y already even though they were only in the 3rd grade, they wouldn't be friends with her because we were not in a particular neighborhood. They were not very accepting and very judgmental.

I have a Kindergardener and a 3rd grader here, and I'm very pleased not only with the school itself, but also with its great staff and the education they're receiving. Sure, some teachers are better than others - but so far we haven't had a 'bad' one. The principle is wonderful, and the assistant principle is even better. Very communicative and responsive, and quick to try to help. The website is very useful and all in all, I think they' re really doing a great job.

I feel that parent volunteerism is more organized due to online sign up schedules. This has lead to increased participation over past years. I give this school a 5 star rating.

Incredible school in a great neighborhood. the school is always super clean and in great condition. the teachers and staff are great and you can tell they really care. I am VERY happy that my 2 kids are going to this school.

Last modified Sand Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.