Highlands Ranch, CO
Students enrolled: 1,700

Posted March 20, 2015
I transferred to HRHS halfway through my junior year of high school after being bullied at my previous high school. Everyone warned me that it was going to be worse because of the area that it is located in. On the contrary, I was immediately accepted. For the first time I felt like I fit in and I could participate in extracurriculars and that I was valued as a part of the student body. Sure, there will always be mean kids but here there was a balance. They also value the arts more than most other public schools. They had a fabulous drama department and wonderful studio art program where the teachers cared about your success. I would recommend HRHS to anyone who asked but especially to kids who have had some trouble fitting in.

Posted January 30, 2014
HRHS is our neighborhood school, but we considered open enrolling at Rock Canyon, Arapahoe and even private options Valor and Regis. After speaking to parents who had kids in all of the above, and meeting with administrators and teachers at Ranch, we decided to enroll our children at HRHS. Now a couple of years in, we could not be more pleased and impressed. Some of the most experienced and involved teachers in the district and a principal that is second to none.
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 10, 2011
This is our first year at HRHS and we couldn't be more pleased. The principal is top notch and very creative, even in tough economic times. As for teachers, I've never seen a more dedicated group of men and women. They make learning interesting and fun, and bend over backwards to help students achieve. HRHS is one of the highest scoring schools in Douglas County and the state (based on CSAP scores). "The Ranch" is our neighborhood school and we can't imagine ever going anywhere else!
2 people found this helpful

Highlands Ranch High School 4

Posted October 12, 2011
Our daughter likes this school and transferred into it. Feels safe there. Particularly likes the science department and AP English classes. She also likes the fact that the students are more diverse than other schools in the area. The weakness we would give this school is in the math dept.

Highlands Ranch High School 1

Posted January 18, 2011
Friends don't let friends attend Highlands Ranch High School!!! If you are looking for a quality education for your child you will want to stay away from HRHS. Their idea of quality lesson plans is sticking in a Disney movie! Very frustrating for students who want to learn and not actually have their time wasted. The administration is equally as frustrating!! Students are not the priority at this school and they know it!!!!! There are certainly better options out there for a quality high school!!!

Posted October 29, 2009
We have 2 kids who graduated from Highlands Ranch High School and cannot say enough good things about the principal, Jerry Goings and his staff & teachers. We moved into the neighborhood specifically for the schools and have been extremely happy with our choice. I will add that, like many schools, HRHS is a great environment for students who are self starters but they need to work on keeping kids (who are not joiners) interested. The AP classes are challenging and really help students move forward.

Posted May 25, 2009
I have a son who just graduated and a daughter who will start as a freshman in the fall. This is a great school with lots of options and opportunities for traditional and non-traditional high school students. The AP program is amazing and the school and district work with local colleges to make additional classes available. The sports programs are great too!

Highlands Ranch High School 2

Posted March 02, 2009
I just moved here and found the teachers a fun bunch of people, but they rarly taught us anything.

Posted February 21, 2009
Principal Leadership should be a 5, Jerry Goings is a great principal and gets along with all the students. The rest looks fine, but yes great school. Very diverse groups of students and its filled with school spirit.

Posted October 09, 2007
This school has an excellent focus on broad educational experiences with opportunities for specialized areas of interest applications when needed or requested. It is one of the last schools to understand the need for Arts/Music in addition to sports offerings. Teachers at school extremely motivated often having several higher degrees to their credit. Only issues so far have been when attempting to work with a few support staff members who demonstrate competency of position issues.

9375 Cresthill Ln, Highlands Ranch, CO  80130
Last modified Highlands Ranch High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highlands Ranch High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top