Posted August 23, 2014
I have been very impressed with the teachers my sons have had and I think the principal is doing a great job.

Trailblazer Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2014
This school is failing with the new supervision of the principal. I attended the 6th grade back to school night this evening and I was appalled by the lack of experience from the new teaching staff. I am seriously comtemplating removing my child from this school. The superintendent needs to get involved. Very sad to see how this school is failing now.

Posted August 11, 2013
I don't know where the negative comments are coming from as we have had huge success at Trailblazer and feel incredibly fortunate to have such a fabulous neighborhood school. The staff is amazing- they work individually with each student to assess where they are and then works with them individually to make each child better. Maybe things were bad years ago, but as of right now it is a wonderful place to be! Fantastic, loving, professional staff that makes the school a great place to be!

Trailblazer Elementary School 3

Posted January 13, 2013
We have been at Trailblazer now for 5 years. And to be honest we have liked a few of the teachers, but have had more bad than good. I give it an average rating because I feel they are average. The problem is I expect more from a school in Highlands Ranch. We have one delayed child, and one advance child, so we have seen both sides. Our delayed son has been the most challenging and after they strongly encouraged us to not hold him back last year we took their "professional" opinion. After two weeks of the start of the year, we knew it was the wrong move, but too. Late. My biggest disappointment is that they really are. Not interested in going the extra step for the kids, or what is truly in the child's best interest. In my opinion, it must be that it makes them look bad in some way. I know budget's are tight, but I do not feel they have the best, especially this Rating given by this website. In leadership, you have to make hard decisions, and it feels like the principle is not able to make the hard calls. We have also had some bullying issues that have been not handled well in my opinion. We will be leaving this year. Just glad we have options.

Posted August 20, 2012
My child spent 7 years at this school from K-6th grade and had an outstanding experience. The teachers are caring and catered to his needs, which were above average. They were very good with communication and with community events. Not only were the academics great, but this school taught virtues like compassion (there's a good amount of special needs students here) and responsibility. I can't say enough about this school.

Trailblazer Elementary School 2

Posted June 19, 2012
I had one daughter graduate from this school and one that I had to pull from it. The teachers are handing out the same lessons year after year and don't change anything up and don't challenge the students to think differently or creatively. Every time I tried to modify to the lesson plan to help my daughter go deeper or think more critically, I was asked not to because it made the other students want to do something similar and the teacher wasn't ready to modify to that degree. The principal is on that supports lots of assemblies and field trips thatdont honor learning (a field trip to a movie or to watch other classmates play at a sporting event? No thank you). When told my eldest child did not meet grade level expectations I asked what they were doing to help catch her up and what could I do at home. They told me she would probably just catch on with time...there was no homework for my eldest who struggled the most and I found that unacceptable. With all the great elementary schools in this district that are so close by, don't just choose one based on location...visit and learn about the school. This school has really gone down hill in the last four years.

Posted June 13, 2012
We moved here three years ago from MI and decided to live in Highlands Ranch based on the schools ratings. Our daughter started in Kindergarten and will be in third grade this August. We love Trailblazer and the excellent education she receives. They offer special bookclubs and advanced math exercises for those who are a little ahead. Our daughter is reading at a fifth grade level in second grade and is advanced in her math program but we never feel she is bored. If anything she is excited about school and loves attending. They also have programs for those who need to catch up a little bit in reading or math. The office is always nice to me and I feel comfortable asking questions if needed.

Posted February 23, 2010
Our experience is NOTHING like the 'parent' who posted 1 star on Dec 2, 2009. Our two boys continually test above grade level, but I don't believe they are held back. It's too bad some parents/kids have a bad experience now and then. It's out of character for the teachers here to behave as that parent described. We love Trailblazer and are very pleased that our boys are here. It's a shame the teacher's union holds them back; Trailblazer teachers could be earning a LOT more money without the union in their way. Regardless, the teachers don't vocalize their opinions about politics, and they teach the subject matter instead of teaching progressivisim and other nonsense. The community also makes the school what it is, and Trailblazer is in a fantastic place!

Trailblazer Elementary School 0

Posted January 26, 2010
My Grandaughter seems to love this school. She also likes the Teachers.

Trailblazer Elementary School 1

Posted December 02, 2009
I was very displeased with our daughter's education at Trailblazer. While the school is small, well-kept, and has great specials, the teachers to not have the time or skills to deal with a wide variety of learning levels. My gifted daughter was told to wait until 2nd grade before they could address her needs and that she was 'performing at grade level' although they told me they 'weren't allowed to assess above grade level'. I got very little assistance from administration in addressing these issues, even after having an independent assessment done. If your child has special needs, either above or below the curve, find another school.

Trailblazer Elementary School
9760 South Hackberry, Highlands Ranch, CO  80126
Last modified Trailblazer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trailblazer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top