Highlands Ranch, CO

Posted April 20, 2015
The principal at this school is outstanding. He really understands the student at this age and how they are transitioning from elementary school to high school/young adults. The teachers are good and care about their students but they do struggle to challenge advanced learners. The only reason I did not give this school five stars is the counseling team. Over the course of the year I have reached out to the counseling team several different times and they are to busy to return phone calls or emails. This is unfortunate as these counselors are the link to the students and the fact that they are to busy to deal with real world issues students are facing is a disappointment.

Posted May 26, 2013
Great school. While academics are certainly important, and well attended to, what makes this school stand out is the principal's and staff's ability to understand the huge transition middle school students are enduring, not only acadmecally but as teenagers. They just get it. I really like, and highly recommend the New Beginnings program that is a 3 day orientation for 7th graders to get acquainted with the school. Are you going to encounter some cruddy, foul-mouthed students from time to time? Yes, that's life. Not all parents parent the same and you can't blame a school for that.

Cresthill Middle School 2

Posted March 26, 2013
Was very dissappointed to come to this school. Had high expectations based on previous reviews but clearly not the case for us. Found some of the teachers to be unhelpful and with chips on their shoulders. Cafeteria and classroom full of vuglar, offensive and inappropriate language by students. Teachers always complaining about block scheduling and how overworked they are. Some teachers are completely burned out. One teacher keeps reinforcing with his class how much he dislikes them and uses the word "hate". Had an issue with my child's property that was vandalized and no follow throught by administration. Occassional drug issues.School always trying to reinforce that students need to advocate for themselves but when they do they get shut down and given sloppy excuses. They do not like parental involvement at all. And never send an email because they get very defensive and do not like to be questioned. Definitely not the right school for you if you are an active parent and care about your child's education.

Posted April 12, 2012
A great school! We are approaching the end of our first year at Cresthill and couldn't be happier. Our son has been challenged in his course work, and we have found the vast majority of his teachers to be responsive and engaged. The principal is fantastic and encourages independence in these young men and women while helping to provide a safe and secure environment in which to thrive. As an aside, the extra curricular activities are very well run and attended.

Posted May 12, 2010
Cresthill is an amazing middle school. So many parents talked about how tough the transition can be to 7th grade. Cresthil made it very easy for our daughter and us. She gets up each morning ready to go to school. She never complains. There isn't one teacher on her team that she doesn't adore. Also, the administration is amazing. They take the time to listen and truly value what you have to say as a parent. I couldn't ask for a better place to send my child. We love Cresthill Middle School!!!

Posted September 28, 2009
Everyone fits in here. Of course there are stuck up populars but that is at every school. Everyone encourages everyone else. The teachers take the time to make lessons fun and clear and make sure everyone gets it. I love it here! Its also a good challenge for me. Lots of teamwork and clubs here as well

Posted May 17, 2009
I'm almost finished with my time at Cresthill and I'm going to be sad to leave. They have a lot of fundraisers so it's a little overwhelming. I'm in the GT program and the teachers are wonderful. The lockers are fun but they can get stuck. I don't like, however, how there isn't a lot of electives to choose from. They need more.

Cresthill Middle School 3

Posted March 29, 2009
I am a student at Cresthill and this is my first year here. I am an out of state transfer and this school was relatively good in making me feel welcome. The team that I am on has acceptable teachers and a good learning environment. The thing I dislike about this school is that their placement is way off. My schedule has been switched around about four times, because they couldn't get my classes right. I am now in two seventh grade classes and two eighth grade classes. It's the same material, but I'd still rather be with my own grade. Overall though, it's a pretty good school.

Cresthill Middle School

Posted March 18, 2009
I just completed my student teaching at Cresthill. I worked with the G/T and core students in 8th grade. It is an amazing school with amazing students. Thank you so much for all you have done for me. I love you all!

Posted January 23, 2009
Im and 8th grader at Cresthill and I love it! When I first came to Cresthill I was a transfer from another school and didn't know a single person. It was the easiest transition I've ever made. Everybody is so nice and teachers make it fun. I'm really going to miss Cresthill

Cresthill Middle School
9195 Cresthill Ln, Highlands Ranch, CO  80130
Last modified Cresthill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cresthill Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top