Lafayette, CO

Posted September 26, 2014
Our son is thriving at Angevine, and we are consistently impressed by the school's staff. Everyone - from the administrators, teachers, counselors and support staff - seems genuinely engaged with students and their individual academic and social success. This is HUGE for middle school! They have set up systems for students to feel part of the community, but able to "do their own thing," and to teach responsibility/accountability along the way. Our son decided to take one of the before-school classes, and even though this means getting up earlier, he can't wait to get there every day. He's finally challenged at the right level and excited about the things he's learning both in and outside the classroom (yes, that means he's doing his homework without complaint!). The diversity and welcoming feeling from the students themselves is also remarkable - lots of smiles, kindness and respect is evident from the way they speak to and treat one another. I am so grateful that Angevine is our 'neighborhood school' or I might not have chosen it based on ratings. It is a gem!

Posted November 11, 2010
Angevine is the best kept secret in Boulder Valley School District! This is my 4 th with kids at Angevine. It is an amazing school. Principal Mike Medina has really turned this school around! My children are in the Talented and Gifted Program and are more than challenged. Their CSAP growth scores indicate what a great education they are getting at Angevine. In addition, my kids love it! They feel safe and love all the before and after school clubs available. The school has diversity, which is what the real world is about!

Posted November 28, 2009
My daughter told me just today that she loves angevine and is so happy to go there. She described the kids as 'happier and more normal' because they are 'not snobby or hung up on status and all the stuff they own.' She has made many good and solid friendships with kids from all types of background. She tells me that she is comfortable there and feels liked and supported by her teachers. She's on the honor roll and is in a few gift & talented classes and she is continually challenged. We are very pleased with the school, the administration, the teachers and familes who attend there.

Posted November 27, 2009
Angevine Middle School is everything a neighborhood school should be. The teachers and staff are dedicated, creative, and committed to making sure that all students succeed. There are ample opportunities for students to explore interests in extracurricular as well as academic activities (including engineering). Angevine builds a nurturing educational environment that extends beyond the classroom to strengthen our community as a whole, which is the kind of lesson that will last a lifetime. We are fortunate to have Angevine Middle School as our neighborhood school.

Posted November 18, 2009
I have 2 students that have or are currently attending Angevine Middle School. I'm continually amazed how creative the teachers are and how they create an incredible learning environment. They are also very responsive when I have questions or concerns. The same goes for the administration. AMS is a great school!

Posted September 25, 2009
Angevine is a wonderful school. It has a made a tremendous turn around thanks to new principal, Mike Medina. The school is a completely safe environment where children can focus on learning. The teachers use real world examples and hands on learning. Angevine has a large and very successful TAG program. It also offers the pre-engineering program that feeds into our local high school's program. By following the pre-engineering model, kids can earn credits towards college classes at CU Boulder. The arts and music are also well represented with a band, orchestra, and jazz band.

Posted September 16, 2009
Angevine middle is one of the best schools my child has ever gone to but is commonly mistaken for a bad school. The reason for this is its old rep that hasnt gone away but i woould defanatly recommend it>

Posted May 24, 2008

Posted December 07, 2007
Angevine is and awsome school! You should definatley come here!

Posted December 04, 2007
I love Angevine. We have great teachers and it is a fun place to be. The teachers are involved and push us to be all that we can.

Angevine Middle School
1150 West South Boulder Rd, Lafayette, CO  80026
Last modified Angevine Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Angevine Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top