Posted June 27, 2011
I am very impressed with Ryan Elementary School. I believe it to be our community's best kept secret. Both of my children participated in many extra curricular activities (sign up early to get space). The Math and Science focus was very successful in getting both my son and daughter interested in pursuing engineering careers. My son had many school trips to visit NCAR, NOA, etc. They are in Angevine Middle School now getting straight A's (and score excellent on CSAP tests) so I feel their elementary education was quite good. I miss the Ryan parent-teacher community. It felt very tight knit. The teacher's were exceptonal.

Ryan Elementary School 2

Posted March 01, 2011
What after school programs? There are hardly any and only a few kids can get in to each one. Only one TAG program (math). Great Books is no longer available. Very hard to schedule meetings. I'm hoping things will improve but this was a wasted year for my kid.

Posted November 14, 2010
I love Ryan Elementary! What a sense of community this school has. I love the diversity of the student population and the wonderful staff. My recommendation, get involved at the school! Our new principal is a perfect fit for the the community feel of this school. I'll desperately miss it as my children move to middle school.

Posted November 11, 2010
We love Ryan Elementary! This is my 10th year with children at Ryan. We have had nothing but great experiences at the school. The teachers are all so caring and many have been at teaching there for 10+ years. There are some amazing after school programs (most of them are free) as well. Currently there is a web design class. How great is that! The new principal is amazing!

Posted September 17, 2009
The teachers, staff and Principal are great. They really get to know the students and the parents. Their focus on math and science really helps the students stay on track with their education.

Posted August 19, 2009

Posted April 15, 2009
I am very pleased with the school. I love my sons teacher Mrs.Chizzick. And I think the principle is so nice and the office staff is great. My son has a done a complete 180% in school. He wasn't sure about school until he meet Mrs. Chizzick. My son is reading and writing and telling time like an expert. I love this school wish I didn't have to leave for a couple of years. My son has learned a lot here.

Posted May 09, 2008
We open enrolled into Ryan this year because our neighborhood school did not take into account that different children learn differently. I have been very pleased with our experience at Ryan. The Math and Science focus is exactly what my children need. Be warned though, that some teachers take the Math and Science Focus very seriously while others a small minority) completely ignore it. I feel that there are many people looking out for the interests of my child at Ryan.

Ryan Elementary School 2

Posted January 23, 2008

Posted December 13, 2007
I would like to add our comments concerning this school. I am very disappointed in the quality of education here, and it looks like scores are declining, not improving, but our biggest complaint is the lack of caring staff. The teachers never have a smile on their faces. It's like a job they have to do, but hate. I don't think I have ever heard a kind word spoken to my child, or any other child in the classroom. I consider myself to be a very involved parent, and am trying to be positive, but we are getting frustrated, and are considering another school for next year.

Ryan Elementary School
1405 Centaur Village Dr, Lafayette, CO  80026
Last modified Ryan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ryan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.